Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Toxcatl

Thread: ST in front of goal

ST in front of goal

My question as general is "How to make sure that ST will shoot towards goal more often?"

I will explain - when I watch my games, the ST are far more likely to pass the ball Even when they are 1:1 with the GK, or worse many time they pass where no GK is in front of goal
    For a few games I chose long passes, but nothing changed. So this season I sold all of my ST and after buying 4 new ones the problem is still there- my ST just do not score goals, THEY PASS THE BALL!!!!!!!! Three of them are 6 stars, and the other one is with 7 stars and "one-on-one ability", all under 25 years. My team has won most of the cups and cl's so far, but my MC are always involved in the goal and is REALLY annoying when facing hard opponents and you just watch this joke. My main formation- 3dc-2dr/dl-3mc-2st. I always give attacking bonus(at least 6%) and always play attacking mentality

I see your point and I always wanted something similar. I suggested once for individual advise on the players, this way it would be easily to assign duties to every player like in your case a ST shooting more (despite them going out or in it the box doesn't matter). The only thing we can do like you said, is try long passing and hard attacking in moments of desperation, destroying our tactics and putting all our team to risk of a goal. They just don't care to listen about this type of things and make useless updates that everyone hates.

Guys, don't pay so much attention to the simulation. It doesn't represent correctly what is happening. You can see sometimes how your orders change the animation, but mostly it's just moving dots; an entertainment, nothing more.
    STs used to perform very weak. In the best case they were good assistants. In TE2018 though they seem to be buffed (and AMx positions nerfed), but anyway: don't believe to what you see during simulations. Believe in statistics, numbers don't lie... Argh, well ok, let's say they are more reliable.
    KenoticFC and gizzmo like this.
    It wasn't our day.

Pro
    The live match animation does not reflect what is actually going on on the field. I would suggest you follow the live commentary instead it will give you a clearer picture. For instance if you follow the live commentary you would notice that offside as shown in the live animation doesn't exist! What actually happened in an offside scenario according to the live commentary is that a defender put his foot in and stopped the attack, and it will give you the name of the defender so you know who is performing and who isn't

Quote Originally Posted by Toxcatl View Post
    Guys, don't pay so much attention to the simulation. It doesn't represent correctly what is happening. You can see sometimes how your orders change the animation, but mostly it's just moving dots; an entertainment, nothing more.
    STs used to perform very weak. In the best case they were good assistants. In TE2018 though they seem to be buffed (and AMx positions nerfed), but anyway: don't believe to what you see during simulations. Believe in statistics, numbers don't lie... Argh, well ok, let's say they are more reliable.
    I don't believe the simulation and that has always been my nr1 desire for this game to improve, because it limits your choices as a manager and makes attending a game feel useless like you are seeing a match on TV that you have no control but just scream at the players

Dreamer
    yep, simulation is useless. My opponent has always more simulated actions than me, I am winning in statistics and usually I win. LIve match simulation will just drive you mad... terrible effort by developers