Page 177 of 203 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 2024
Like Tree957Likes

Thread: Season 39

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    You've done what exactly what great teams do, brush aside teams in the 2nd leg after a disappointing draw in the 1st leg.
    Thanks, the same to you*

But I had to, I was so dissapointed. Not only that we managed to get a 2-2 draw in the 1th leg, but with the whole CL drawing this season. Played against "the best" in the final-eight, quarterfinals and now in the semi-finals, while he played against ****ty Q25-28 teams. But now I feel good, knowing that we played against good opposition proves that WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, despite how the Finals goes or ends.

I would be dissapointed if he wins, but since I beat him yesterday with 0- 3 (away) in the league - I´m quite optimistic. But you never know, the engine could fu*k me over again like last time when we were eliminated after a penalty shootout
    July Fourth likes this.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Quote Originally Posted by Ljepoje View Post
    Thanks, the same to you*

But I had to, I was so dissapointed. Not only that we managed to get a 2-2 draw in the 1th leg, but with the whole CL drawing this season. Played against "the best" in the final-eight, quarterfinals and now in the semi-finals, while he played against ****ty Q25-28 teams. But now I feel good, knowing that we played against good opposition proves that WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, despite how the Finals goes or ends.

I would be dissapointed if he wins, but since I beat him yesterday with 0- 3 (away) in the league - I´m quite optimistic. But you never know, the engine could fu*k me over again like last time when we were eliminated after a penalty shootout
    The last few seasons I've been playing this game with caution, knowing that game engine can strike against you at any given moment, given what I've seen since L13 and when I started a major power training programme back then, It's dropped off since then with the odd 1 or 2 players being power trained way past 7* now, I believe overall the game engine is frustrating sometimes when we have a bad result but it is fair because these 10Q less sides than us have to have some sort of chance of getting a result every so often but more often than not we usually win and about 50% of my games I play are 3+ goal winning margins in my favour just because of our quality strength over the other teams at my level. My team would be an average team in L19. No wonder I get placed in a cup with teams 2 levels higher than me. The trouble is at the level I'm at most teams are at least "semi-active" and some players but not too many watch their games often.
    Ljepoje likes this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

An easy 3-0 win in league for us tonight. Ofc, engine strikes again injuring first our main keeper, and then after we subbed him finishing our subs, injuring our mc too. Both will be out 4 days and recovered for the cl final, but this bad omen just wont get away.
    Ljepoje likes this.

I am currently on the 4th position in the league. I could have probably even made it first since I've done great against the better teams which are currently holding higher positions than me, but I was losing and drawing to games that I should have really won. I have 52 points while 2nd and 3rd are at 53 and the leader is at 55. I seriously hope they have bad luck in their last matches of this season.

I got a game tomorrow night with the worst team in the league which holds only 2 points and no victories! I hope we can get a lot of goals in to improve our statistics.
    Last edited by Arijanit; 05-02-2013 at 12:16 AM.
    Ljepoje likes this.
    Team: Presheva FC

Wednesday. Matchday 25

LEAGUE. Round 23.

Result: THAI TEAM 0-5 LONDON CITY
    Goals: Yashin 13, Zola 42, Lanwer 50, Yashin 67, Lanwer 78
    M.o.M: Oleg Yashin

This was a regulation win against an abandoned team, placed 13th in the league. Our opponents have a squad of only 14 players, which doesn't have any goalkeeper. Of their starting XI, only 5 players were in their natural position. They had a DMC playing in goal, the only striker in their squad was playing at DMC and their front two were a DML and DC. Bjorn Lanwer made a rare start for us, and was unlucky not to receive man of the match. Oleg Yashin opened the scoring when he converted a cross from Pierre Webo. Adam Zola doubled our lead with a solo effort just before the break. Lanwer got our third after another cross from Webo, soon after the restart. Yashin collected his second after a through pass from Lanwer. Yashin then returned the favour, for Lanwer to score his second, and our fifth, with just over ten minutes to play.

We still place 3rd, 2 points behind the joint leaders, with games running out.
    Ljepoje and July Fourth like this.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Banned
    First time I reach CL final..
    Season 39-2.jpg
    and first time I got a good offer (not 0 token as usual)..
    Season 39-1.jpg
    Ljepoje likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    The last few seasons I've been playing this game with caution, knowing that game engine can strike against you at any given moment, given what I've seen since L13 and when I started a major power training programme back then, It's dropped off since then with the odd 1 or 2 players being power trained way past 7* now, I believe overall the game engine is frustrating sometimes when we have a bad result but it is fair because these 10Q less sides than us have to have some sort of chance of getting a result every so often but more often than not we usually win and about 50% of my games I play are 3+ goal winning margins in my favour just because of our quality strength over the other teams at my level. My team would be an average team in L19. No wonder I get placed in a cup with teams 2 levels higher than me. The trouble is at the level I'm at most teams are at least "semi-active" and some players but not too many watch their games often.

I believe you and you're probably right. You're more cxperienced as well

I will have to see for myself before making a statement, also since I´m on the new server things are a little bit different and the competition tougher.

I haven´t yet decided if I´m gonna buy some new new players or not, I´m quite satisfied with the squad/team overall (mostly of my 7* will became scouts and 2 or 3 of them gonna get that * back the first week). So, perhaps just a midfielder and two low Q-reserves (ST + AML/AMR) just in case and for back-up. Also, the summer vacation is getting closer and I don´t know if I´m gonna have the time to "keep up and maintain" day in - day out.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...

Quote Originally Posted by Arijanit View Post
    I am currently on the 4th position in the league. I could have probably even made it first since I've done great against the better teams which are currently holding higher positions than me, but I was losing and drawing to games that I should have really won. I have 52 points while 2nd and 3rd are at 53 and the leader is at 55. I seriously hope they have bad luck in their last matches of this season.

I got a game tomorrow night with the worst team in the league which holds only 2 points and no victories! I hope we can get a lot of goals in to improve our statistics.

It´s a "close one". Don't give up hope. I managed to "snitch" the league trophy from the league leader last season in the 23rd round after beating him away... Think he was so pissed
    PROUD MANAGER OF...

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan O'Bree View Post
    An easy 3-0 win in league for us tonight. Ofc, engine strikes again injuring first our main keeper, and then after we subbed him finishing our subs, injuring our mc too. Both will be out 4 days and recovered for the cl final, but this bad omen just wont get away.
    I had the same, 2 due the weekend and 2 since monday. I didn´t bother to recover them. Just put them at the bottom of your list and ignore them.... ("don't see, don't hear, don't speak")
    PROUD MANAGER OF...

Apprentice
    My B-team managed to upset the league lead. The manager wasnt even watching, so i subbed in my star striker. He went on fire scoring 3 goals and one assist.

I also won my CL game so it was a perfect day.