Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: tactics/formations aren't effective anymore

Angry tactics/formations aren't effective anymore

In post-update, I've been struggling to win a game with the same formation.

I noticed when I lost 1 - 0 on the last league game of the season (in the new system), which would have cost me the league as I was winning it by one point.
    Luckily the team below me lost too.

But the worst was yet to come.
    I am faced against opponents much more stronger than me. (5-20% above me)

I'm currently trying to buy as many FT to bolster my team up, but I barely have rest packs to train them up.

So back to the point, they have definitely altered how tactics work in the match engine.
    To me, I think it messed up the effective-ness of tactics.
    We all know that wingers were just nerfed, but strikers stayed the same. I have been experimenting with tactics, but haven't found a good one.

I think that they made this change to make people buy more players in the market. I feel that team ability is more important in match than tactics now.
    This might not be the case for you guys, but it is for me.

There are these instances when I try my best to prepare for the next match, only to end up in defeat, a frustrating one.

Hope I will get used to these changes so I could get back to winning games.
    Is there anything that you have noticed with tactics? Any advice I could take?
    Season 16 | Guardian FC
    Level 11

League Titles: x4 [2, 4, 5, 15]
    Champion's League Titles: None
    Runner's Up: None
    Third Place: x1 [3]
    Cups: x1 [15]
    Runner's Up: x2 [2, 6]
    Third Place: x1 [14, 12]

Triple Crown: None

i don't know, it just too new to come to a conclusion,

im still observing, and i found this until now

i) the more you change your 1st 11, the more struggling you will face to score goal
    ii) don't trust much on the live animation, trust on the statistic.. that the least more reliable until now
    dave1311 likes this.

I agree with adifairus. I have stuck with it and the most noticeable difference I have seen is that my ST has become effective again. I would suggest to stick with your favourite tactics and do minor tweaks to counter the strength of the opponent.
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

Pro
    I noticed an inscrease in the troll results after the update - my two superstars are no more effective as before as their rating score went down from 3/4 to 1/4

This game is getting more strange

The first matches of the season it was a really nightmare cause I can't win any match with a comfortable results. Always a draw, lose or win matches with the difference for just one goal.
    I've bought 4 or 5 new players and isn't easy to put all them playing well at the same time.
    Still the same tactic and orders from the previous season and with no good results as I said above. I've been playing the first matches in 4-2-3(AML/AMC/AMR)-1 and the team aren't respond has I expected.
    So I just change the orders and it seems it really works quite well, basically I was playing last season with attacking mentality and moving on to defensive and making just a few more changes and in the last matches I've scored more goals and the comfortable results are back.
    One thing I've noted also in live matches, we need to change the orders more often than we've to do with the 2017 version of the game.
    I don't know if that happens only with my team but if happens with the other managers, or having the same feeling about that.

Sent via Tapatalk
    Last edited by casper™; 11-19-2017 at 12:58 PM.
    Team - Top Gun
    Current Season: 110 - League Level: 93

League - Champion - 35
    League - Runner Up - 19
    League 3rd Place - 10

CUP - Champion - 8
    CUP - Runner Up - 4
    CUP - 3rd Place - 4

Champions League - Champion - 10
    Champions League - Runner Up - 6
    Champions League - 3rd Place - 9

Super League - Champion - 1
    Super Cup - Champion - 1
    Facebook
    - Top Eleven Portugal

Pro
    My team is largely unchanged from last season except my 2 central defenders I bought this season. Their rating is so poor always 5 or 6 in big games against weaker opponents they will struggle to get a 7.but my 3 attackers have been carrying my squad on their shoulders. They've scored over 40 goals between themselves (if setpiece goals should count). My team is looking like FC Barcelona of last season ever reliant on the front three
    Anquilis and Niddhoeggr like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan117 View Post
    My team is largely unchanged from last season except my 2 central defenders I bought this season. Their rating is so poor always 5 or 6 in big games against weaker opponents they will struggle to get a 7.but my 3 attackers have been carrying my squad on their shoulders. They've scored over 40 goals between themselves (if setpiece goals should count). My team is looking like FC Barcelona of last season ever reliant on the front three
    Defenders overall have bad ratings, I don't know why. My team is looking like them too.
    Season 16 | Guardian FC
    Level 11

League Titles: x4 [2, 4, 5, 15]
    Champion's League Titles: None
    Runner's Up: None
    Third Place: x1 [3]
    Cups: x1 [15]
    Runner's Up: x2 [2, 6]
    Third Place: x1 [14, 12]

Triple Crown: None

Pro
    same here, got two 99% defenders now 102% , they are receiving 6/10 each once every two or three games

Before the update my defenders got almost all the time a mediocre (~7 on average) rating. This season I only have one new player within my squad (player's strength between 122% and 108%) and I did not change my main formation but nevertheless my AML/AMR and my striker are severely under performing. I've read some suggestions concerning this matter and will test it but right now it's quite disappointing .

Definetly agree with this

Except im losing against everyone

10% better ... lose
    10% worse ... lose

Last team.was 15% worse.and played with 1 CB and beat me 3-0

Defo not happy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast