Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Do tactics still matter ?

At the end of the day this game comes to players and how good they perform, we all may have witnessed a team in our servers that keeps winning despite the formation.
    I had a really really bad league season (there is an unbeaten team leading and some other competitive teams and that means massive troll results), but in the CL I reached the final, surpassing my wildest expectation. I used same tactics and despite knocking out active higher level teams in CL, I struggled with the good old abandoned teams in the league like always. My players performance was the key, I had 5 or 6 players constantly getting 8 and higher marks. The game determines which player Is gonna be your scorer and all the ones that will have a key impact in your journey beforehand.
    A bad player will always be bad and a normal player will always be normal. I experimented with many of mine by giving them SA and new positions out of curiosity and nothing happened.

I change tactics during those games that everything seems to go wrong all the time and 90% of the times in my case nothing happens.
    Tactics seem to matter more during the times that my team is being surprised by a lower team.
    Last edited by KenoticFC; 12-08-2017 at 09:43 PM.
    Jean.Monico likes this.

Pro
    That's right players, players, players.. . Good players win titles not formations

Used to be master of the game and now feel frustrated?
    Just plan to have a season without winning anything then start over, you will feel like a virgin again.
    Yes, you heard right, like a virgin. Everything will work amazingly normally.

"Like a Virgin" Touched for the very first time.
    Last edited by juliyamazyck; 12-10-2017 at 11:29 PM.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean.Monico View Post
    The system separated a troll for your final, that's the only thing I can imagine ;/
    Better luck next time, gizzmo.

And I have the same feeling you have: there's no longer much of a control in the matches, no matter if you are watching it and making changes to the instructions/formations.
    It's seeming to be more like: build a strong squad, pick a formation, train the players, pray for them to do the job by themselves. If "the system wants you to lose", you will lose.

I hope the trolls are with me today and my boys do the job, cause I have a hard CL final in some hours.
    Well, I am always reluctant to blame a bad result on a troll. I do not like this word. The first think I am investigating on after a defeat is ME. What did I do wrong ? What should I have done ? In this particular game, I said it previously: I just froze. Beeing behind 0-1 or even 0-2, I may have come up with something. But there... To me, this was not a proper troll anyway as the stats were just slightly in my favor. We'll see this season as the screenplay might be very similar...
    Last edited by gizzmo; 12-11-2017 at 02:34 PM.
    HairDryer likes this.
    Club: FC Lomagne

Level: 33

Current Season (44): League (ON STRIKE), CL (N/A), Cup (In - Quarter-Finals)

Previous Season: League (11th), CL (Final), Cup (Last 16)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123