Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Corner Taker

Dreamer

Corner Taker

Dear Managers,

I just have noticed that players have foot info (Left, Right, Both) info in set piece menu.

Once setting up your corner takers , do you put Left right footed player to take Right corner and vice versa ? Or you do it Left to Left and Right to Right ?

In FM I used to do Left foot to Right Corner, not sure now lol.

Just curious.

I do not know if this has any impact on the game, but I have noticed I do not score many goals from Corners as I used to.

Thank you for your input

I use a player with high crossing or passing %.. sometimes i use dl/dr.. they do well in corner kick.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk
    oguzkaganaslan likes this.

left/right footed seems just a cosmetic info, maybe the crossing skills and corner SA give much effect
    nikolgiorgos and Toxcatl like this.

I made the same observation time ago and the general and right consent was: it is cosmetic just like player height and weight. The main thing about this game is that if a player is good in taking free kicks or corners there is no reason to change him despite what the stats say. You can't tell a lot of things from the animation, which goal is a header and which is a volley for example. This game's strength and weakness at the same time is its simplicity.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    left/right footed seems just a cosmetic info, maybe the crossing skills and corner SA give much effect
    agree
    That's a wrong choice to put the foot of the player (which doesn't matter).
    There should be the crossing skill of the players.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Would a right or left-handed painter produce a better work of art?

There is a positive bias for southpaws (left-handers) in combative sports such as boxing, tennis and - especially - fencing. The general consensus, which cannot be proven outright (pun intended), is that a right-hander will face another 90% of the time and so has much more experience with that opponent. A left-hander will face right-handers most of the time and will also have much more experience with that opponent. The rare challenge of a lefty will be more of a challenge to both righties and lefties, and the southpaw will benefit from this more than a righty.

With a corner being kicked, is the flight and direction of the ball from a left-footer going to be as unexpected as being punched by a southpaw? With close combat or a tennis serve we're talking of fractions of a second. With the flight of a ball crossing half of the pitch, what surely is more important is how the players on the ground react to the ball's flight.
    Mirrowka likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobobo View Post
    Would a right or left-handed painter produce a better work of art?

There is a positive bias for southpaws (left-handers) in combative sports such as boxing, tennis and - especially - fencing. The general consensus, which cannot be proven outright (pun intended), is that a right-hander will face another 90% of the time and so has much more experience with that opponent. A left-hander will face right-handers most of the time and will also have much more experience with that opponent. The rare challenge of a lefty will be more of a challenge to both righties and lefties, and the southpaw will benefit from this more than a righty.

With a corner being kicked, is the flight and direction of the ball from a left-footer going to be as unexpected as being punched by a southpaw? With close combat or a tennis serve we're talking of fractions of a second. With the flight of a ball crossing half of the pitch, what surely is more important is how the players on the ground react to the ball's flight.
    so much true and too realistic for this game..

Quote Originally Posted by adifairus View Post
    so much true and too realistic for this game..
    Not so much. We have left and right flank, and leg matters in real football.
    It wasn't our day.

dont know if it really matter the ck taker. if you see 2 of your player in the box 99% chance you will score.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Toxcatl View Post
    Not so much. We have left and right flank, and leg matters in real football.
    i mean true in real life, but too realistic in this game

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast