Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Ludicrous prices. Getting used to them yet?

Famous

Ludicrous prices. Getting used to them yet?

It's a limited time event offering us the chance to spend, spend, spend. Why?
    We've seen these type of offers with increasing frequency over the last few months. Outrageous offers for players throughout both the tours of the U.K. And Germany and there was something before that as well that I vaguely remember where you could trade players of your own to reduce the cost of tokens used.
    Why?
    Well, and this is my own personal take on all this, I believe we are being conditioned to see such stupid token prices so that our regular offers begin to look attractive.
    1000 tokens for an 8 star player makes 79 for a recommended player look like the bargain of the century, no? 69 for a scout list player? Yeah, that's not bad.
    And of course, ultimately - what are we prepared to pay on auction?
    My personal auction limit has doubled over the last 3/4 seasons. Why? Because at the beginning of the season when bidding is at its peak the right player is going to be fought over by more than one manager. Prices are constantly being driven up, and by growing accustomed to seeing the ludicrous offers from Nordeus spending 50/60/70 tokens on auction for an 18 year old begins to look like a bargain.
    I don't imagine anyone has studied the "new" auction system to have any information on the age/type/position etc. of the players that are offered every 4 minutes, but I suspect that this season there were less of the attractive players being shown on my list during the first week of the season. If that was the case then of course the bidding pushed the prices higher. Further conditioning me to higher token spending.
    I'll be very interested to see what next weeks auction lists bring.
    Bottom line is, I think we are being conditioned to see sky high prices from these offers to make other sources of buying players seem attractive.
    I think if Nordeus sell not one single one of these players it won't matter a damn to them. It's just a marketing excercise.

I (Nord) don't care, take it or leave it
    I can fight against a real player but can't fight against game engine (troll).
    Trolling ruin the game fun and all efforts.
    We play for fun not frustration.

Since you already open this thread i like somebody from the Admin pls explain or atleast make us understand the reason of those outrageous price.
    Do we really look stupid??
    I am not mad with your price as I have the option not to buy but clearly its INSANE.
    Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by HairDryer; 01-30-2018 at 08:41 AM.
    Tyltyl and KenoticFC like this.

Its a joke. Even if I had a million tokens I will never use it
    Tyltyl and KenoticFC like this.
    WZAWZDB!

Famous
    I don't think it's about spending millions of tokens to buy these particular players. I think it's about conditioning us to see recommendations for 79 tokens and scouts for 69 tokens as bargains.
    And more importantly that 50/60/70 token auctions don't make us the least bit surprised.

The simpliest reason is that probably many people are actually buying them, so they insist.
    We don't count ****.

Remember that the largest part of players are not on this forum complaining.
    KenoticFC and HairDryer like this.
    Winning Eleven season records:

15 Leagues won : 1, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20, 23, 24, 25, 30, 31, 38 - Runner up: 8, 10, 15
    9 Champions League won: 7, 9, 11, 19, 20, 21, 24, 31, 33 - Runner up: 15, 16, 26, 34
    1 Super League won: 38
    7 Cups won: 17, 18, 20, 23, 24, 33, 35 - Runner up: 9, 14, 34, 38

I know that everything comes down to the mindless consumer majority, but still I feel like we are being ignored. I don't mind spending T but at least give me a decent product. So many things that need immediate fixing and they continue to come with this kind of updates. 1-Sub bugs, 2-illegal formations are OK bug , 3-making a user friendly negotiation for crying out loud, 4- giving the captain some personality, 5- giving us more than 1 pre-set formations etc. This game needs to become more user friendly and address the issues before I decide to spend my prescious tokens. Seriously I spent a lot this season (bought 2 recco. players) and I did not get any enjoyment and I probably will not spend a single T unless I get another good recco.

This is like a supermarket or a shop that does a sale in a product that no one cares. If you want us to spend give us what we want.
    HairDryer and Peter Lecht like this.

Famous
    Altiplano has probably found a decent explanation to something I just found insane. But my question remains: where would be the problem for Nordeus in presenting us REAL offers ? I promise I might consider them. I'm loaded with tokens but I never spoil them - in any case. Spending tokens always come after careful thinking for me. Even postponing a game.
    Club: FC Lomagne

Level: 33

Current Season (44): League (ON STRIKE), CL (N/A), Cup (In - Quarter-Finals)

Previous Season: League (11th), CL (Final), Cup (Last 16)

I don't mind spending money on games, but almost a 1000 tokens (pretty much equals €100) will never happen. I can buy deluxe editions of AAA games for that money

Those usually are bargains though, considering how training specialties works in this game. You can buy all the 18 and 19 year olds you want from auctions, but they don't have specialties and training them to have specialties can keep them occupied almost all season, during which time they won't grow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast