Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Kaizer Franz
  • 1 Post By Kto

Thread: Goalkeeping Power Training,

Goalkeeping Power Training,

Hi,
    I have read the boards and internet and have come across this Goalkeeping training method where you train on Goalkeeper Training for numerous times then train on one sole selected session.
    Does this still work? as everything I've read has been from last last year.

If have a striker and if i train him on Goalkeeping for like 25-30 rest packs
    Which 1 drill should i use to fill the skills?
    does it all depend on what i need ie if i want finishing i select a drill with finishing?

If i selected Fast Counter Attacks for my one drill my player would get all the skills from: Creativity,Passing,Crossing,Finishing
    If i selected Slalom Dribble for my one drill would my player get all the skills from: Fitness,Speed,Passing,Dribbling.

Would i be right in what I'm saying?
    Just don't want to train on GK and use 30 rests and find out it doesn't work.
    A update on if it still works would be beneficial thanks.

Kto
    It is still working, just put x*GK and a drill that you wish after. If unsecure for the first time, dont take 30x but 6x

Thanks.
    So it doesn't matter how many GK trainings you do in one go?
    or is there an advantage if i train GK say 20 sessions over 10 sessions?
    Obviously the skills points would differ but would i gain more doing regular 20 sessions rather than 10 sessions or would they both just level themselves out when completed.

Addicted
    It works but very risky if you had a bad connection . If the game reload during using this method all XP points recorded are spread equal in all the attributes .
    Toxcatl likes this.

Kto
    Yes, the point with the connection is not to forget, dont do too many of those trainings. And it gives no advantage, if you do more or less GK drills. Do you have GK drill at worldclass? Whats your trainings level? Take in consideration, that you "improve" the level of the following drill if ur GK drill has a higher level.
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

Okay Thanks Guys.
    I'm fairly new only season 2
    Level 29 and 2 whistles (Semi Pro) for GK.

You think its wise for me to just continuing training my normal way until i get my GK up to at least Pro?

Kto
    Yes, open only the minimum of drills in attack and fitness, go for GK worldclass as fast as possible (at least pro, then u can open/improve sth else, but keep the target gk wordclass).
    I d go straight to this target.

Apprentice
    so, you have always chose to upgrade defensive skills untill you maxed out GK??? ignored everything else all the way? how your attack did during that period? how many levels it took? how many seasons, how much real time?

does game even allows that, to max out one skill in anything untill all others are not at least near?

another interesting q, you say not to bother power training untill one reach world class in GK... well, how exactly do you level up trainer, doing only other skills you have allegedly left on amateur level?

The training drills upgrade on an even basis. You can only upgrade the drills offered to you, so you can't selectively choose to upgrade, say, Goalkeeper Training to World-Class without going through all the drill upgrades offered.

I have a Level 20 team whose Training Level is 71 and Goalkeeper Training WC upgrade was first offered when they achieved Level 70, after having several others upgraded to WC level at previous Level-ups. AFAIR I didn't get my first WC upgrade until I had all the other drills on at least Semi-Pro level (2 whistles).

The Goalkeeper Training system works pretty well at lower levels, too, as long as you don't over-do it. I've power-trained a couple of young players (18/19-yo) for my level 2 team using the GK Training, but only from high 3* up to low 5* level, and not used any more Green packs than at higher levels getting a mid 4* player up to low 6* level.
    Last edited by talisman; 02-13-2018 at 06:05 PM.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...