Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Stop illegal formation crippled tanking.

Ok dont make matter worse and dont get to personal. Just discuss about the topic illegal formation that is all.
    On regard about reward in league is bad idea anyway. The problem in Asso Fa is because of Reward. Bring it to the league will be even worse.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk
    Ποσιδονας likes this.

Tanking is good, tanking is a tool, tanking is that keeps me still playing the game.
    In which cases tanking is "bad" or harms other teams ?

- It's a "dirty" trick some of the top100 groups use.
    Ok, I 'm having fun playing in asso with my friends, don't want to be at top100 or permanently at Platinum, I don't give a s... about them.
    If nordeus is proud to have as a vitrine of the game those teams, it's their problem.

- A tanking super-team that plays competitively only for the Cup as staying lv in League and doesn't participate in CL.
    That's not fair cause he can win with his better q team any other from the same or above lv.
    When I started playing, those teams with 8* players were facing teams from +3 levels above. Now it's +1 max.
    This leads to other ampitius managers to manipulate the q to avoid the +1 lv and those tankers.
    I think for tanking teams,
    teams that didn't promote this season, not to have the +1 max lv limit.

- The third case is when you have a tanking super-team in your league and he 's playing in some games with normal formation and some others with tanking formations so he can affect the final table.
    As @gkassimis wrote in a previous post.
    In this case some rules, like @ HairDryer said in the start
    + not only the zones but balance in left-right side too
    + using only players in normal postition or with the yellow triangle.

If you do not have enough players for the last option, you cannot participate in all the competitions (Cup or asso games too).

Quote Originally Posted by Ποσιδονας View Post
    Tanking is good, tanking is a tool, tanking is that keeps me still playing the game.
    In which cases tanking is "bad" or harms other teams ?

- It's a "dirty" trick some of the top100 groups use.
    Ok, I 'm having fun playing in asso with my friends, don't want to be at top100 or permanently at Platinum, I don't give a s... about them.
    If nordeus is proud to have as a vitrine of the game those teams, it's their problem.

- A tanking super-team that plays competitively only for the Cup as staying lv in League and doesn't participate in CL.
    That's not fair cause he can win with his better q team any other from the same or above lv.
    When I started playing, those teams with 8* players were facing teams from +3 levels above. Now it's +1 max.
    This leads to other ampitius managers to manipulate the q to avoid the +1 lv and those tankers.
    I think for tanking teams,
    teams that didn't promote this season, not to have the +1 max lv limit.

- The third case is when you have a tanking super-team in your league and he 's playing in some games with normal formation and some others with tanking formations so he can affect the final table.
    As @gkassimis wrote in a previous post.
    In this case some rules, like @ HairDryer said in the start
    + not only the zones but balance in left-right side too
    + using only players in normal postition or with the yellow triangle.

If you do not have enough players for the last option, you cannot participate in all the competitions (Cup or asso games too).
    Good point. It is not the tanking problem as you will never be able to stop them. I dont mind with tanking as long as they cant put silly formation. They can fill with 1-3* with right order formation chances are they might still win or draw.
    Some evidence silly tanking formation still manage to beats a right order formation. Where is the logic? It will look silly on Nordeus.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    ok, let me add another radical suggestion.
    I 'm not a fan of the new team setup with free placing of players.
    How about to have some main formations, let's say 15 choices (4-4-2, 4-4-2 ND/WD, 4-5-1V, 3-5-2,4-3-3. ...) and choose one of them for our next game.
    Then put our players in the correct or similar (yellow triangle) position.
    If we want to stay lv, we should put 3* or weaker players in the squad.
    * but I agree with the option of setting a team not competitive and get a 0-3, 0 p. in every game of the league.
    HairDryer likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Apparently I cannot have an opinion because my opinion apparently offends a couple of long term players. Good grief people , a mod sent me a message 2 weeks ago saying I had to respect other peoples opinions and on a couple of occasions in this thread alone I have said that I respect others , examples of this -

All I will say is , if you like tanking then good for you its your opinion. My opinion is I dont like it , end of , move on.

and there was another in a now deleted post.

Yet others are allowed to say this about me -

no, because you and some other T11 zealots destroying every normal conversation about the game-play.

and nothing happens. I could find this offensive but I choose not to because its that guys opinion and I respect his right to an opinion even if I think it is wrong. It appears those that have been in this game for a long period must have their opinions respected but newer players not so much if at all. To be honest I couldnt be bothered anymore , there are too many in here wanting to be offended and they seem to have protection from above , seen it before in other games so I should have known better.
    I would still like to know what was offensive from an earlier post and what was so offensive in the deleted post that was any worse than someone calling me a zealot ?
    As I say , some protected people in here are just too willing to be offended if someone posts something they dont agree with.
    If your going to ban me for this then I dont really care anymore because I arent allowed to have an opinion anyway. Well good luck to you all , your welcome to your private little conversations where new people with different ideas and perspectives arent encouraged and are in fact discouraged. This attitude will make these forums an absolute desert before too long. Too bad because these forums could have been so much more than they are being allowed to be.
    khris likes this.

Nobody is protected in this forum John. Well like you already said move on so just dont bring this up again.
    Admin have take notice of this topic and forwarding it to the dev.
    So lets move on and bring more suggestion to the table.

Btw i like @nik idea of having the 15 formation.

khris and Ποσιδονας like this.

Quote Originally Posted by John Grant View Post
    I would still like to know what was offensive from an earlier post and what was so offensive in the deleted post that was any worse than someone calling me a zealot ?
    Not with the idea to put gasoline in the fire, but just to clarify I guess that is;
    Comment 29, 3rd part.

Too I don't justify the bad replies with this, just some people can feel ofended (despite is a own decision), if one look at this from the viewpoint of many long term players, that used the tanking to keep the team alive in some way, and rest of the game and it's daily matches time to time.
    We should remember that the league draws are made using the AvQ so tanking only will force teams to play in higer AvQ leagues, so this have a penalization too.
    I too can check out the history of my own club, the one I started in 2013 and I tanked more than the 50% of the seasons -from the 9th season more or less- resting sometimes 4 months in summer, playing 2 and resting 2, basically because if play I like to be 100% involved, manage matches, and have the control, if I can't I feel like game is controlling me, so that's why I am away time to time, just to be sure that I have the control and I don't burn myself thinking that there are one more day, 2 daily matches to play at some time... and tomorrow 2 more... and in 2 days 2 more xD

I had my "belle époque" of multi account player using 10-12 accounts in strategy-war games time ago, managing groups of 30, 50 70 persons to win big wars and i had enough of intensity LOL now I only do contests time to time here and I play light xD

@by the way guys, and this goes for all those who are going offtopic and in a more personal way, you're ll enough "old" to don't need to be guarded, checked and rechecked and with one or another mod pending of what's been said here, (is not easy you know? xD ) many of us've been here for years, some people join the forum time to time, we've seen loads of opinions here, and meanwhile there's no personal offence and it's inside the rules this forum has allowed the opinion in it's max expression, so please try to respect others^^
    Last edited by khris; 03-02-2018 at 09:30 AM.

@ John Grant
    I 'm writing this metaphorical
    zealot : a person who has very strong opinions about something, and tries to make other people have them too
    https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dic...english/zealot

What you said :
    Personally I think tanking is for weak minded people who look at something and say to themselves thats too hard so I am not going to try. My guess is these same people do the exact same thing in real life.

You started this, presenting your personal thoughts in a thread (not only this) which only talking about the game.
    adifairus likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ποσιδονας View Post
    @ John Grant

I 'm writing this metaphorical
    zealot : a person who has very strong opinions about something, and tries to make other people have them too
    https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dic...english/zealot

What you said :
    Personally I think tanking is for weak minded people who look at something and say to themselves thats too hard so I am not going to try. My guess is these same people do the exact same thing in real life.

You started this, presenting your personal thoughts in a thread (not only this) which only talking about the game.
    You are wrong to use the word zealot in relation to me. Sure I have a strong opinion on this subject but show me anywhere in any post in this thread where I have tried to impose my opinion upon others. I have shared a personal opinion which seems to be something reserved for the "older players" and not for the newer ones like me with only 13 seasons played and look at the way you all reacted to my personal opinion. It was as if I had hit you with a big stick in a personal attack upon you. I dont know where you all come from but where I come from a personal opinion is just a personal opinion and is usually the basis for conversation or debate so all I can say is I am glad I live where I do so free speech and expression can be used and encouraged. It has become obvious to me that some of you live in places where it is discouraged or not the normal type of basis for conversation which I find very sad. Sorry was that too close to an opinion on something for you all? If it was then I apologize before you all become outraged again.

Now back to the topic at hand which is chiefly to stop illegal formations crippled tanking. So why are people who use illegal / unusual formations to benefit their tanking even making comments ? Surely this is a conversation to get suggestions of ways to stop some of the things that you do. It , by the title of the thread , certainly isnt supposed to be a conversation about the merits or demerits of the use of these formations as the basis for tanking but that is how it turned out. Why ?
    Surely all you tanking officionados should start your own thread along the lines of - The best illegal/ unusual formations for tanking , what are your secret formations or something similar. Then we can all join in and derail that thread just like you did with this one.

Apprentice
    In general I'm neutral about tanking, but some situations are to be avoided.
    For example, I'm contending the league with another team (3 points below me) and tomorrow we´ll play against in the last game of the season.
    Today I'll play agains an inferior team and my rival against a tanker (129%).... who decided not to tank in this match! I'll win easily both game with this tanker due to those silly formation, but my rival won't have the same treatment. That's totally unfair! If you want to tank, ok, but must treat the same way all the players...
    Morph55 likes this.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast