Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Training speed in relation to Height and Weight of a player

Training speed in relation to Height and Weight of a player

Hi guys,

As I am in level 50, we can't spot fast trainers anymore with the market value of a player. Last few seasons, I spent much time buying players, training them for myself or to sell in negotiation.
    Especially I checked, whether a player is a fast trainer (FT) or not with training special abilities (SA) or new positions (NP).

To train a SA/NP I always do 6x counter attacks and note, how much points a player gets in his SA or NP.

With the testing of countless players, I found out, that tall and heavy players tend to be better trainers than small players. Also players with a 105 or 104 gap between their height and weight (for example 194 cm and 89kg) are almost always fast trainers. I have a lot of examples on my current roster, a few of them I want to showcase here.

Training speed in relation to Height and Weight of a player-westermann.jpg

This guy, Westermann, he is 194cm and 89kg, so very tall with 105 gap. I bought him today on the auctions list and I trained him DMC position with only about 30 rests, he gained always 2 points in 6x counter attack, which is as good as it can get.

Training speed in relation to Height and Weight of a player-salem.jpg

This Salem dude, he was a youth player last season who cost me 8 Tokens to sign I believe, he was 72% however. I trained him freekick special ability. He was always getting 2 points with 6x counter attacks as well. As you can see he is 190cm and 86kg, so 104 gap and tall.

Training speed in relation to Height and Weight of a player-davodov.jpg

This is my striker. He is 190cm and 85kg, so 105 gap and tall for a striker. He is a very fast trainer, thats why I still train him with 22 years old. I trained him the AML position back when he was 18 years old, but I dont exactly remember how much he was gaining. But I can ensure you he improves very fast compared to other players.

Training speed in relation to Height and Weight of a player-mbarki.jpg

This is however a negative example. I bought him last season and powertrained him to 7 stars. He was needing a lot of greens. During the season, where he was starting for my team, he only managed to grow 5%, so from 120% to 125% which is very bad. Other guys, like Davodov also, went from 120% to 129-132% with only playing. So he is for sure an extremely slow trainer. As you can see he is only 176cm and 74kg. Small and 102 gap, not very good.

These are just a few examples, I have in my squad right now. There were many more. Last season I bought a 3 star 18 yo ST AMR 193cm and 88kg, trained him freekick SA, he gained very fast. At the same time I bought a 3 star 18 yo AML AMR ST 179cm and 76kg, he was much slower when I trained him freekick SA. Both of them I sold on sunday in negotiations.

I would like to hear your experiences with this, I dont believe that this is all randomness.
    Last edited by Der_Ryan_M; 05-01-2018 at 11:13 AM.
    USARABAT and Cope King like this.

Dreamer
    Hey there. Very interesting post. I'm level 23 so I still can spot FT looking at the value. I have 28 players, of which, 20 are FT 1st class and 8 are 2nd class. And talking of the 20 1st class, only 5 of them are tall and with the 104 or 105 gap. So, I'm not so sure if this can work it out mate

Good work though
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.

VIP
    Not true... Height and weight are cosmetic... Have a lot of short players and most of them are fast trainers...
    Marius007 and jarharnamme like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Steppenwolf View Post
    Not true... Height and weight are cosmetic... Have a lot of short players and most of them are fast trainers...
    Me too but I have no big players that are slow trainers...

Quote Originally Posted by Der_Ryan_M View Post
    I found out, that tall and heavy players tend to be better trainers than small players. Also players with a 105 or 104 gap between their height and weight (for example 194 cm and 89kg) are almost always fast trainers. I have a lot of examples on my current roster, a few of them I want to showcase here.
    If you put a hungry pigeon in a Skinner's box with a food dispenser that gives food by timer, every few minutes for example, the pigeon will soon make some kind of rituals to get the food. Like, turn three times left and peck the corner of the box, or move head up and down, or flap the wings and make sound.
    In fact, he gets the food randomly or by timer, so it doesn't matter how he moves and what he does.

I mean no offence, but your hypothesis is ridiculous.
    Last edited by Toxcatl; 05-01-2018 at 05:52 PM.
    It wasn't our day.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxcatl View Post
    If you put a hungry pigeon in a Skinner's box with a food dispenser that gives food by timer, every few minutes for example, the pigeon will soon make some kind of rituals to get the food. Like, turn three times left and peck the corner of the box, or move head up and down, or flap the wings and make sound.
    In fact, he gets the food randomly or by timer, so it doesn't matter how he moves and what he does.

This is not a hypothesis whatsoever, these are my experiences and observations. I was just asking if someone else maybe has recognized a similar correlation.

I trained and tested a lot of players. Sure, there are exceptions here and there, I have 2 currently in my starting 11. But generally speaking, this is something I was noticing during my tests.

I really rate you as a person in this forum Toxcatl, because of all your training guides and stuff, but just keep yourself out of topics, where you are (obviously) clueless.
    senicro and Gobobo like this.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxcatl View Post

@Toxcatl , Der- Ryan has used a scientific approach to support his thesis by
    1-providing hypothesis
    2- doing tests and experiments
    3- comparing results
    4- support his thesis with proof.

I am not judging to which extent his thesis can be correct 40- 60 - 80 % .... so instead of being rude by saying his thesis is ridiculous, follow a scientific way in your reply and show him and other viewers some examples that prove the opposite .... ( for example show results of 4-6 players with 104-105 difference according to his hypothesis that are not fast trainer)

P.S. one important thing that should be taken into consideration when doing tests on players, to be scientifically approved. The tests should be in high levels at level 50-59 with 129 million value. so the results of testing players in low or mid levels who have values below 128 million are irrelevant and void.

Der- Ryan. Thanks for sharing your thesis with us. Keep on
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.

I have 11 fast trainers and none of them has 104-105 gap, except my goalkeeper...

Training speed in relation to Height and Weight of a player-1.jpg

Training speed in relation to Height and Weight of a player-2.jpg
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    I have no big players that are slow trainers..
    is this the scenario ?
    no
    So far, examining every season from LV1 to LV42 the fast/slow trainers, the only indicator is the higher value.
    This rule was very strict, specially in low-mid levels.
    But this leads to a conflict with your scenario, meaning that all the tall players with big difference of height - weight should have near max prices.
    Which doesn't happening (you can see that in GK where most of them are tall but not all fast trainers).
    jarharnamme likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Der_Ryan_M View Post
    Hi guys,

As I am in level 50, we can't spot fast trainers anymore with the market value of a player. Last few seasons, I spent much time buying players, training them for myself or to sell in negotiation.
    Especially I checked, whether a player is a fast trainer (FT) or not with training special abilities (SA) or new positions (NP).

To train a SA/NP I always do 6x counter attacks and note, how much points a player gets in his SA or NP.

With the testing of countless players, I found out, that tall and heavy players tend to be better trainers than small players. Also players with a 105 or 104 gap between their height and weight (for example 194 cm and 89kg) are almost always fast trainers. I have a lot of examples on my current roster, a few of them I want to showcase here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Westermann.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	99543

This guy, Westermann, he is 194cm and 89kg, so very tall with 105 gap. I bought him today on the auctions list and I trained him DMC position with only about 30 rests, he gained always 2 points in 6x counter attack, which is as good as it can get.

Name:	Salem.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	99545

This Salem dude, he was a youth player last season who cost me 8 Tokens to sign I believe, he was 72% however. I trained him freekick special ability. He was always getting 2 points with 6x counter attacks as well. As you can see he is 190cm and 86kg, so 104 gap and tall.

Name:	DAvodov.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	99547

This is my striker. He is 190cm and 85kg, so 105 gap and tall for a striker. He is a very fast trainer, thats why I still train him with 22 years old. I trained him the AML position back when he was 18 years old, but I dont exactly remember how much he was gaining. But I can ensure you he improves very fast compared to other players.

Name:	Mbarki.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	99549

This is however a negative example. I bought him last season and powertrained him to 7 stars. He was needing a lot of greens. During the season, where he was starting for my team, he only managed to grow 5%, so from 120% to 125% which is very bad. Other guys, like Davodov also, went from 120% to 129-132% with only playing. So he is for sure an extremely slow trainer. As you can see he is only 176cm and 74kg. Small and 102 gap, not very good.

These are just a few examples, I have in my squad right now. There were many more. Last season I bought a 3 star 18 yo ST AMR 193cm and 88kg, trained him freekick SA, he gained very fast. At the same time I bought a 3 star 18 yo AML AMR ST 179cm and 76kg, he was much slower when I trained him freekick SA. Both of them I sold on sunday in negotiations.

I would like to hear your experiences with this, I dont believe that this is all randomness.
    Looking at my second team, pretty sure that's a coincidence, mate. I have no FTs in my main team right now, so cant tell on above level 40, but at level 28 that just seems a coincidence, as my team is all FTs and my highest gap is 101. I could make the same case for gaps 98-102 using my team. Maybe I'm getting players from countries generally shorter and more sturdy players?

Anyway, good work mate. Never ceases to amaze me the lengths people go to figure out the game
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast