View Poll Results: What Do you think of this idea?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Like the idea

3 20.00%
  • Like but would add suggestion

1 6.67%
  • Like but would simplify

3 20.00%
  • Needs working on

5 33.33%
  • Dislike the idea

4 26.67%
  • I have trouble dressing myself let alone have an opinion

5 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Idea for players and buying/selling

Having a youth team and league looks like a good idea. It may help to increase the
    'reality' of the game (but wouldn't it be little more stressful )
    You should get some tokens for selling a player.
    Sometimes I feel negotiations is token eating machine ,it takes TOO many tokens.

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Nithish78 View Post
    Having a youth team and league looks like a good idea. It may help to increase the
    'reality' of the game (but wouldn't it be little more stressful )
    You should get some tokens for selling a player.
    Sometimes I feel negotiations is token eating machine ,it takes TOO many tokens.

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Tapatalk
    It depends on which kind of players you buy in negotiations. If you buy a well trained player that can last in your team 2-3 years or even more for around 15-20 tokens, it's not really expensive. If you buy not trained players, yes, that's a waste of tokens.

I dont think there is tat much wrong with the TM as it is. I wouldnt mind a small change or 2 , like it only being 3 minutes long instead of 4 and would like more players listed in each auction , maybe 20 to 30 but otherwise its ok. Negotiations are not too bad. I think Nordeus take too big a cut , maybe it should lower its cut to 50%. I also feel that there should be as minimum offer which might stop the guys who think I am going to sell an 18-19 yo player for 0 tokens , its just not going to happen. I usually offer between 5 and 10 tokens for the other manager which isnt all that expensive with te Nordeus cut added on , 20 to 35 tokens , which when compared to the auction in early season or scouting and assistant prices is pretty good and your getting a player that has a decent starting point.

As for having an under 20 league , meh most of my main team are already in that bracket anyway , maybe an over 23's league would be better to try to keep older players in the game a bit more.
    Bunzo likes this.
    Some of you look back and remember how it was while some of us look forward to see what it could become

Good points Khris
    I was not considering the cheaters who have multiple accounts...but how would they profit from it?
    I envisage putting your players on the market in the same format as is current, to let all managers have a chance to bid, but you would only receive 75%-80% of final selling price, as there would be a sellers fee for TopEleven. So even interacting between multiple accounts means you'd lose 20-25% of your tokens each transaction....not a good way to boost an account! But yes a limitation on number of transactions per season would also counter act the fraud.

Not asking to go back to old system at all. But to use new system with a transparency about the players and who is selling them. Similar to the negotiations tab except as the auctions tab....it would not be that difficult to impliment.

John Like the old timers idea

Totally agree with you about the silly offers.
    But instead of 99% players automatically being listed (which I find annoying especially if I've just bought the player myself...) what about a means of listing players you don't mind selling?

Some people have got this bug in their head that I'm suggesting going backwards....couldn't be further from the truth. As per Khris: to use new system with a transparency about the players and who is selling them. Similar to the negotiations tab except as the auctions tab....it would not be that difficult to impliment.
    Last edited by Blast; 05-14-2018 at 08:45 PM. Reason: put reply name in

Cheers Nithish78
    This is precisely my point. With a youth team you get to train them. Then when they reach 18 or so you have option to purchase them for your main team or sell them.
    If all players on the market were from teams selling theirs, they'd all have some training and possible playing experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunzo View Post
    What you are asking is to go back to the old server based TM ? No I'm not
    Would bidders get their tokens back if they lost ? yes, same system...just like the negotiations tab...
    Tokens from winning bidder goes to manager? Less 20-25% for Top Eleven marketplace
    Would there be Nodreus generated players in this TM ? only at the Junior level / Academy Level which you choose to accept or not

It would not be that difficult, other football manager games utilise it.

Famous
    You're making things far too complicated.
    Think. Under the current auction system every single token and every single dollar spent by the winning bidder to buy a player goes to Nordeus.
    Why would Nordeus want to reprogram the whole system if not to recover even more of the tokens and cash we have in our accounts?
    I know you've suggested a sellers fee, but when Nordeus is the only seller on auction............that's all. They get everything.
    Someone call the monopolies commission.
    Blast likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    HAVE A UNDER 20 JUNIOR TEAM OF 13 PLAYERS
    there could even be a league for them too....? Even a cup...
    These players then get trained and when they reach 18 yrs old you have the option to promote to reserves or sell them.
    What age should they start? 14/15 but your scout could find a range from 14-19
    Maybe only available once you've built a junior team training area and pitch?
    This is an interesting idea

Too many changes to do to the current system to implement your ideas
    who knows what tomorrow holds for us

let's see that again in the future
    Blast likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by Altiplano View Post
    You're making things far too complicated.
    Think. Under the current auction system every single token and every single dollar spent by the winning bidder to buy a player goes to Nordeus.
    Why would Nordeus want to reprogram the whole system if not to recover even more of the tokens and cash we have in our accounts?
    I know you've suggested a sellers fee, but when Nordeus is the only seller on auction............that's all. They get everything.
    Someone call the monopolies commission.
    Absolutely Altiplano
    They'd still get everything at the acadamy level but then the managers would be able to recoup a little selling older players to the beginner levels.
    Maybe for levels 1-5 you can only play acadamy level which would generate some of the players scouted by higher level clubs.
    Think it would spread the players across the levels more and you'd have to manage your teams more, as it may not be so easy to buy the players you want...as in the real world.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12