Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by adifairus View Post

use low press if you use 4 defenders with DMC

use high press if you got many midfielder/attacker than defender
    Can you explain this?

Thanks

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    I like this orders but I prefer to use mix and not short passing.
    I 'm afraid that short passing reduce the chance of counter attacks - which I want to have as advantage.
    Thanks Nik, I prefer mixing my passes, instead of going "short" in most cases as well.

In case of confusion with this system, I want to emphasize I have counter-attacks turned off. My opponent was sitting low, and playing with 5 defenders + a dmc, if I turned counters "ON" the counter-attack would have been stopped before it even started. My best play would have been to just sit back defensively, control possession with a short passing game and break up her counters. This was the mistake I made in the first leg, and ended up leaking the equalizer at 83' minute. I assumed opponent would go on the attack to try for the equalizer, but she just waited for me to make a mistake and capitalized.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 05-07-2018 at 08:25 PM.
    nikolgiorgos likes this.
    Level 40 Manager

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    well, sometimes you must choose the orders depending if oppo is present
    (that's why I don't like the auto-support in asso games 2nd round )
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by Vernie83 View Post
    Can you explain this?

Thanks
    well, high press is full pitch pressing,

and we are talking about countering defensive formation,

when he say defensive, i bet the opponent got many defenders at their own half,

if you got less forward players to do full pitch pressing, it will be just a waste and drain out your player with nothing
    Last edited by adifairus; 05-07-2018 at 11:10 PM.

Dreamer
    Thanks

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    well, sometimes you must choose the orders depending if oppo is present
    (that's why I don't like the auto-support in asso games 2nd round )
    Agreed on both points. Especially that leg 2 auto support.

I feel safer taking more risk tactically if the opponent is not present.
    Level 40 Manager

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan117 View Post
    Players still press high and win the ball in the opponents half of the pitch even when you set orders to low press, so as I said earlier you can't determine if your opponent uses this order or not.

My team launches a lot of counter attacks even when I set my orders to no counter attack, so it is completely impossible to determine if your opponent uses this order.

The live animation is not a true representation of what actually goes on in the field it's major use to me is to determine if my opponent has set his orders to defensive or attacking, that can always be accurately determined.
    I never said I had the ability to spot if the counter-attacks are on or off through the animations, I said the ratings provide some hints to what system the opponent is running. The prevent counters system worked until mid-to-late first half of the 2ND leg, when i conceded at 41' and 42', so I changed the system at halftime. 2ND half i ended up scoring 4. That said, even if I don't possess the skill level to identify that from animations, it doesn't mean other managers don't possess that ability. Their are better managers than me that have more skill in reading the animations and figuring out what they mean.

As for pressing, perhaps i made the wrong read but considering the result I'm skeptical Plus I play alot of high press defense tactically and the animations for her system were noticeably different. My opponent was a very good manager with an excellent team, who happens to be the captain of the current world #99 (#75 at the draw). I ended up with 4 points. The association i am in won 26 - 8. Photos are up on the TE-United facebook so some managers here like Niko might have seen then.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 05-09-2018 at 03:17 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12