Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Why people bid last second?

Rookie

Why people bid last second?

Why do people bid right at the last second even though there is bids :/ its not like they are going to win it if they are last to bid. Even in knockout rounds when some one bids at 15s, they have to wait till last 1s again :/ are they simple or is it a programme thinf that does it for them?

It's a tactical maneuver that people use on bidding to try and out smart others in bidding wars.
    RedSeth and Black Hawks like this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Rookie
    well it cant be tactical as its dumb. while your here and no one as replied to my other post can u tell me "that force counter attack on orders, is it for my team to counter attack or opponents" thanks!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    It's a tactical maneuver that people use on bidding to try and out smart others in bidding wars.
    True but not entirely true.

Half the time it is tactical, the other half is stupidity where they dont understand the process or they dont care to.

What I find the most frustrating is the people who bid multiple times per round. If I am a token buyer, this is not an issue as I dont mind the final buying price because I just buy more $$$, but when you dont buy tokens, this pisses you off because the idiot drives up the price.

I had a guy yesterday that spent 4 tokens each round. I think he was trying to tell me that he wanted the player and was not going to give up. So I went 49 rounds with him and lost on purpose so I would not have to pay the $$$. I dont mind losing the tokens because I will just buy more in this case, but I did it just to spite him because I would rather buy a scout for 50 tokens and the amount of $$$ he spent on a 5 star player.

I read yesterday that you did the same thing with your second account with 100 tokens...I feel the same way. Make idiots pay the price for their stupidity.
    Raykco, eduardokadosh and kullehh like this.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    True but not entirely true.

Half the time it is tactical, the other half is stupidity where they dont understand the process or they dont care to.

What I find the most frustrating is the people who bid multiple times per round. If I am a token buyer, this is not an issue as I dont mind the final buying price because I just buy more $$$, but when you dont buy tokens, this pisses you off because the idiot drives up the price.

I had a guy yesterday that spent 4 tokens each round. I think he was trying to tell me that he wanted the player and was not going to give up. So I went 49 rounds with him and lost on purpose so I would not have to pay the $$$. I dont mind losing the tokens because I will just buy more in this case, but I did it just to spite him because I would rather buy a scout for 50 tokens and the amount of $$$ he spent on a 5 star player.

I read yesterday that you did the same thing with your second account with 100 tokens...I feel the same way. Make idiots pay the price for their stupidity.

I buy tokens but not spend alot. probably once a month! i usually watch vids etc. yeah thats another one too bid 4 times in 1 round :/

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    It's a good tactic to bid in last one and it's giving you an advantage, but also you are risking a lot.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PricopGeorgeCătălin View Post
    It's a good tactic to bid in last one and it's giving you an advantage, but also you are risking a lot.
    Its a good tactic but can easily be worked against you. I prefer to bid first for 2 reasons:

1) It shows that I'm in the game...I want the player.
    2) Bid first and the other player is forced to bid to stay in the game. The next round, he is in control and you bid at the final 2-3 seconds and win because most of the time people dont want to spend that extra token to make sure you win.

I have won MANY an auction like this.
    eduardokadosh, Ljepoje and Raykco like this.

If you bid in the last second you can snipe bidders who didn't bid.. But of course, this is stupid if an early bid is placed because it just makes more effort to try and squeeze a bid in the last second even when any bid at any time would have qualified the player

As what @cracicot said... People who bid multiple rounds probably don't know what they're doing, they think it's ebay where the highest bidder at the time of ending, wins the auction... Someone take these players to Room 101, they need coaching on how to play this game right lol

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Its a good tactic but can easily be worked against you. I prefer to bid first for 2 reasons:

2) Bid first and the other player is forced to bid to stay in the game. The next round, he is in control and you bid at the final 2-3 seconds and win because most of the time people dont want to spend that extra token to make sure you win.

Exactly like i do. It works very good the most of the time

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar

I am using both tactics, at the start, in first 3,4 rounds I am bidding right at the start, then I bid in last 5-3 seconds, giving him the fake impression that I am out of tokens and after that the final attack in the last second. (is working very good).
    Black Hawks and eduardokadosh like this.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast