Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: How good can I expect my youth players to be?

You should also check your players and if you want to sign a U21 player then sell the player that trains the less or does not produce. The youth players from the academy are indeed very fast trainers so sometimes it's worth to sign them.
    SimplySimon likes this.
    Season 1: DOUBLE! League and Cup Winner
    Season 2: DOUBLE! League and CL Winner
    Season 3: DOUBLE! League and Cup Winner
    Season 4: DOUBLE! League and CL Winner
    Season 5: League Winner
    Season 6: TREMBLE! League, Cup and CL Winner
    Season 7: League Winner
    Campioana unei mari iubiri! HAI CRAIOVA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cosmin100 View Post
    You should also check your players and if you want to sign a U21 player then sell the player that trains the less or does not produce. The youth players from the academy are indeed very fast trainers so sometimes it's worth to sign them.
    Thanks. Yeah, I have a couple of players in mind who could be out if the youth is good. My squad quality is high and a young average, but a couple of players are nearing 30 and a few others aren't developing so fast

That makes me think - you say very fast trainers, does that mean the youths will have a high value?
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

Season 1: League Champions (no Cup or CL)

Season 2: League Champions, Cup silver medal, CL silver medal

Season 3: League Champions, CL bronze medal

Season 4: League bronze medal, CL winner, Cup winner

Quote Originally Posted by SimplySimon View Post
    Thanks. Yeah, I have a couple of players in mind who could be out if the youth is good. My squad quality is high and a young average, but a couple of players are nearing 30 and a few others aren't developing so fast

That makes me think - you say very fast trainers, does that mean the youths will have a high value?
    Very high value. I gave mine a special ability and he's now at 7*, all that within 3 days
    SimplySimon likes this.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    Very high value. I gave mine a special ability and he's now at 7*, all that within 3 days
    Yeah, but I've got about 20 green packs at the moment, so I'm not expecting miracles! We can't all make Chano Petersons :-)
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

They come out with a very high value so you can sell them right away or just train them but keep in mind that good players out of youth academy will require tokens...
    SimplySimon likes this.
    Season 1: DOUBLE! League and Cup Winner
    Season 2: DOUBLE! League and CL Winner
    Season 3: DOUBLE! League and Cup Winner
    Season 4: DOUBLE! League and CL Winner
    Season 5: League Winner
    Season 6: TREMBLE! League, Cup and CL Winner
    Season 7: League Winner
    Campioana unei mari iubiri! HAI CRAIOVA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    They'll be mid 4* to high 4*.

But an exceptionally fast trainer
    Nope. Before mini camp whatever youth you get will be a slowpoke, at max an avg trainer if you take the token one. I signed the free one 18 yr old Q23 and he gained 10/20/40
    SimplySimon likes this.

Here is my take on this...

You get a 2* free youth player which normally a slow to average trainer and only worth selling on for some extra $ f you need it.

The 4* youth player is normally a fast trainer and we can sometimes see some speeds of 60/120/180 on all 3 training types on hard. If you have plenty of greens around to spare you will get a choice of what special ability you would like to give the player and any extra new position meaning if your prepared to do a little bit of power training with some greens it can actually be worth signing the 18 year old youth player since you will get many seasons from him. But bear in mind if your using TOKENS to power train then it would still be more effective to buy 4 or 5 scouts for the same cost of power training a 18 year old out the academy to a similar level as your best scout players from the scout list.
    SimplySimon likes this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Here is my take on this...

You get a 2* free youth player which normally a slow to average trainer and only worth selling on for some extra $ f you need it.

The 4* youth player is normally a fast trainer and we can sometimes see some speeds of 60/120/180 on all 3 training types on hard. If you have plenty of greens around to spare you will get a choice of what special ability you would like to give the player and any extra new position meaning if your prepared to do a little bit of power training with some greens it can actually be worth signing the 18 year old youth player since you will get many seasons from him. But bear in mind if your using TOKENS to power train then it would still be more effective to buy 4 or 5 scouts for the same cost of power training a 18 year old out the academy to a similar level as your best scout players from the scout list.
    I've never bought a scout player, and I'm not sure that I will for a few levels yet. I have maybe 200 tokens a season to play with, which would equate to three scout players plus the cash needed

I've found so far that I can do much better work in the TM, where younger players are available who are only just short of scout level and train very quickly. I've got 12 scout level players in my squad using this approach. OK, most of the ones I've got don't have a SA but I'm still not convinced that it makes a massive difference

The other tokens were burned buying players who I could sell on for profit, even a few free transfer players who maybe cost 20 tokens to get but earned me £3m - that would have cost me 45 tokens if I'd just bought it from the shop
    Last edited by SimplySimon; 04-18-2013 at 05:34 PM.
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12