Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Associations draw

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar

Associations draw

It looks like today, the calculation for the draw (by the quality of the teams) has changed.
    I set my weaker players in the first squad and still I can see my team as 6*.
    In the past, when I did that, the avg quality of the team was very low so usually I was playing with one of the weaker opponents of the other group.
    I did that only for the semi-finals as it had no meaning to repeat for the final.
    If I would play there with a weaker opponent, another member of my group would play with a stronger than him (her).

* But I 'm not sure if this helped at all in the draw of my group as we still played with strong opponents.

Anyway, it seems now that the draw will be more focus in creating pairs with similar quality.
    Due to that, I can't see any advantage to have a strong 7* team for associations.
    I think it's better to have a simple 5* team and try to do a good coaching during the match.
    Bunzo, Duncton, madflo19 and 4 others like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

That´s good then because many were up to that trick
    madflo19 and maloukees like this.

yea, everything that's equal for every one is good
    Bunzo and maloukees like this.

Pro
    If this is true, then it is a good change. Thumbs up.
    Bunzo, madflo19 and maloukees like this.
    FC Knudde:
    Seasons: 46
    League won: 33
    CL won: 10
    Cup won: 4

FC Killroy:
    Seasons: 32
    League won: 20
    CL won: 6
    Superleague: 3
    Cup won: 7

mini update

- The pairs based in quality of each team of the group.
    In the FA group of NIK, we have very different qualities, from 7*-8* to 4*-5* but the draw put us with groups that have similar q teams.

- I still can see in Silver 2, teams of 5* players in top100.
    of course they're playing with equal groups so the team which is more organized and present in the games, winning .

- There are still bugs in the competition. I 'm really surprised how so many teams with only 1st position Cups, managed not to get affected.

- I have the impression that the calculation, the game, is somehow different than the other competitions I play.
    Don't know how, maybe the bonuses affect more ?
    Gabez Teh likes this.

Famous
    - I still can see in Silver 2, teams of 5* players in top100.
    of course they're playing with equal groups so the team which is more organized and present in the games, winning .
    excuse me but devs are following the same bullsh0t as they did in old days with league draw when i sat amongst 8-9 very active strong league winners in one league
    (now the new draw system little bit better but not perfect sigh)

we have good-solid 5-6 teams and we are getting very strong teams while 3-4-5* lame teams are getting similar lame teams

they have to rethink drawing system in league and especially asso for fair draws like in REAL draws (fifa/uefa pot based system? )
    Last edited by Gabez Teh; 09-25-2016 at 11:58 AM.
    Duncton likes this.

Dreamer
    Agreed. Should be random.

Having divisions will make sure stronger associations promote while weaker associations stay in the same division or face relegation. Which means in the end we'll have divisions with associations of equal strenght and therefore equal draws. No need to force it artificially.

It's exactly like you say. If they keep basing draws on quality, in the end we'll have 6-8* associations in platinum division. We'll also have 6-8* associations in gold 1 / 2 / 3 who weren't able to promote because of facing equal opponents. We'll also have 3-5* associations in platinum division, who were able to promote only because they faced weaker associations.

I really wonder why you'd want that.
    Gabez Teh and maloukees like this.

Famous
    Megalike!
    Duncton and maloukees like this.

excuse me but the concept (what many managers asked for), to play games "free of charge", vs about equal opponents and conditions, where the active manager with the right tactics would win the game ?
    pcmacdaniel likes this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    excuse me but the concept (what many managers asked for), to play games "free of charge", vs about equal opponents and conditions, where the active manager with the right tactics would win the game ?
    I think that ultimately, there is no way to make an association draw that will make everybody happy. On the one hand, its easier for 5* associations to climb the ranks, which frustrates 7* ones. However, how many of those 7* associations will be complaining, when they play against an 8* association they can't possibly beat?

Personally, I'd like to have weighted rewards. The higher the average quality of ones association, the better of the rewards. Sure, the 7* will get better rewards than 5* associations under such a format, but 7* teams are also putting more time and money into this game than 5* teams. Plus, it will give teams incentives to improve there rosters, compared to dropping there qualities to get easier opponents in associations.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 09-26-2016 at 06:37 PM.
    nikolgiorgos and LeManiaque like this.
    Level 40 Manager

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast