Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Auction in the good old days?

Quote Originally Posted by Rabamce View Post
    Thank you all for the explanations!

Looks like veterans always prefer the old times (same thing on any game)

Not sure I 100% understand (need more experience with the current system), but the current one looks more accessible / casual (correct me if I'm wrong).

What do you mean by "Nordgen players"? Are they a specific type of players or is this just how players generated by the system are called?
    approved post** sorry for the inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by jcohen42 View Post
    <snip>
    Each time you bid, it cost you a token you didn't get back. This resulted in a lot of strategy with only bidding on players you actually wanted and thought you could get. It also gave bidding wars higher stakes, as when you lost out in an auction, you gave away tokens for nothing. So you had to judge how long the other bidders were willing to go.
    <snip>
    Wow. This is brutal. Managers could end up spending a lot of tokens without managing to sign a single player.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinany03 View Post
    Now I have a question about current system. I didn’t know that players we sell are gone forever. So how come the final price of the player changes?
    Nordeus magic! The selling price is automatically generated by bots. Like everything else. Note that the only way your players stick around after being sold is if you sell them through Negotiations.

Quote Originally Posted by pele View Post
    Wow. This is brutal. Managers could end up spending a lot of tokens without managing to sign a single player.
    Yep. But on the other hand, you could also grab great 5* players for very cheap (think 2-3 tokens). It was all about identifying market inefficiencies and playing the field. You could also wait until the clock reached 1 second and the clock would not refresh; if you were the only manager to bid in that round, you won the player. It was an interesting game of "chicken".

EDIT: To add to this, I would have no problem if they changed the old system so that you get back half of the tokens you bid away. It would still reduce the amount of people who bid just to drive up the price of the player and are left unscathed (as well as "multi-bidders" who bid many times in succession).
    Last edited by jcohen42; 10-23-2018 at 04:11 PM.
    pele, Blast and Dan G like this.
    DRAGONS SC

THE PERMANENT END

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    plus the last second snip
    What a thrill
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    I 'm still not sure which is the best (considering that selling players in the old edition was a pain in the a.. )
    but that hour, when I was wakening up every new season's Sunday morning at 06.00 (for me - 04.00 GMT for the game),
    having my wife looking at me with some expression - you know what
    and opening the transfers list to check for nordgens

was at the top5 moments I will remember from TE, forever
    Altiplano, Blast, jcohen42 and 2 others like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Yup I much preferred the old system. As a junior manager back then, just starting, I had the opportunity to sign some great players.
    I also got my fingers burnt a few times!
    But the final 10 seconds in bidding was epic. Caused a great buzz.
    Plus as previously stated you learnt when, who and what to bid on. You developed strategies...in fact it was like playing poker.
    1st round call or fold, second round call raise or fold, final round ....who folds last!
    There is a manager badge for using last token to buy a player in bidding....back then it was an art.

Thank you all for the explanations!

Looks like veterans always prefer the old times (same thing on any game)

Not sure I 100% understand (need more experience with the current system), but the current one looks more accessible / casual (correct me if I'm wrong).

What do you mean by "Nordgen players"? Are they a specific type of players or is this just how players generated by the system are called?
    At that time, most of the players of the market were coming from human teams.
    But in some cases, the system was creating players from bot teams, the nordeus-generated , the nordgens.
    Those players usually were the faster trainers, gaining more from training.

Now all the players are nordgens from bot teams ( a manager can sell to another manager only with negotiations, level 4 ) but not all the players are fast trainers.

Hi managers!

I started to play TE recently, so I don't know how the game looked like a few weeks/months/years ago... (which is pretty frustrating, in some way)

Many people on this forum said that the previous auction was more enjoyable than the current one.

I'm curious: how was it different?

(if it was really more fun, I wonder why the devs changed it)
    Lol this new auction is much better as you dont lose Tokens for nothing imagine you have 50 tokens and the guy you are bidding against has 51 tokens and you lose all tokens

Sent from my Infinix X5010 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ElSaviour View Post
    Lol this new auction is much better as you dont lose Tokens for nothing imagine you have 50 tokens and the guy you are bidding against has 51 tokens and you lose all tokens

Then you actually use strategy. Bidding 50 tokens for an auction player was and is a dumb move. You can get better Negotiations players and better Scouting players for cheaper than that.

It also prevents token buyers from artificially bidding up on players. Lose big chunks of tokens enough times and you stop seeing token buyers influence the auction market as much.
    DRAGONS SC

THE PERMANENT END

Quote Originally Posted by ElSaviour View Post

I am a fan of the old version and played a lot there.
    Don't remember that I spent more than 30 tokens in a season, even if had to built a whole new team.
    You could buy players like DC, MC , ST with 85-90% today's quality and 27-30 y.o. with one or three tokens
    and now those now cost at least 8-10 tokens- not the first week.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12