Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Never won cup

Quote Originally Posted by Ljepoje View Post
    It´s probably beacuse we are new (like myself), and don´t know/see the difference. I can only speak for myself and what my friends told me. They could win and manage easily before the change, but now they are in "disadvantaged" or in the "sh*t hole" as everybody else.
    Hopefully we'll have a turn in the easy boat but no, they've apparently changed it haha.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    I am not and never will be a token buyer.
    +1!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SimplySimon View Post
    But how do you give everyone a fair chance? Old cup format you can have teams 3 levels apart, same with the new one - so maybe it's harder for you if you used to be a top seeds and also high level, but definitely easier at lower levels
    + those teams 3 levels above are token buyers/scouts, so it's like playing a team 4 or 5 levels above.

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    I'll be surprised when I don't
    I am not and never will be a token buyer.
    Much respect for this post.

The thrill is in the chase not the catch.

I would be sooooo bored of buying an unbeatable team, I'd stop playing.

Quote Originally Posted by SimplySimon View Post
    But how do you give everyone a fair chance? Old cup format you can have teams 3 levels apart, same with the new one - so maybe it's harder for you if you used to be a top seeds and also high level, but definitely easier at lower levels
    Old cup format it was L2 vs L15 in the preliminary rounds which was a big problem and pointless and needed to be eradicated. Teams off all levels chucked into the cup and basically the strongest sides were seeded to reach the final.

I once suggested a Level Banded format, L1 newbie cup, L2-L5, L6-L9, L10-L13, L14-17, L18-L21, L22-L25, L26-L29 and so on... Making some cups you enter as underdogs and some cups you enter your amongst the favourites.
    Last edited by July Fourth; 04-23-2013 at 04:16 PM.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Old cup format it was L2 vs L15 in the preliminary rounds. Teams off all levels chucked into the cup and basically the strongest sides were seeded to reach the final.
    Yeah, my second season I got absolutely destroyed by a 7 star team.

Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    Yeah, my second season I got absolutely destroyed by a 7 star team.
    Yeah remember season 2... I was L2 and played against a L8 team in the cup which had an active manager and had 9* players and destoryed me 6-0 in the 1st leg at home, funnily enough my 4/5* team at the time got a respectable 2-1 defeat in the 2nd leg even though the tie was over.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

I struggled to get many 4 or 5 stars at Level 2 so imagine how bad I was lol

I'm at level 5 and won both the league (2) that the champions (1) the cup but never once managed to reach the quarter but now I'm 2 seasons that I am always eliminated in the first round.

The problem is also, its really tough signing players in the first week or so, so I don't have time to build a stronger squad.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast