Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Do we need two goalkeepers?

Pro
    also, i dont see how the indicators have been there since last week, ive been playing a few monts now and have always thought a player out of position to be just that and not a illegal formation

Quote Originally Posted by herdo View Post
    Let me explain it to you. Lets say i set my team up 4-4-2, this is a legal formation, yes? Now lets say i play a MC in goal, still keeping it a 4-4-2, a legal formation with a player out of position, playing the wrong role or what ever you want to call it. Playing an MC in goal wont do you any favours but you wont incur the 80/20 penalty you would if you played an ACTUAL illegal formation.

I even went to the bother of testing this in a friendly, played a 4-1-2-1-2 (W), with a DMC in goal. I had 50% possession, won 1 nil and the dmc in goal scored a 6.

I aslo consulted this thread, http://forum.topeleven.com/formation...ion-rules.html
    I noticed YOU wrote it, you may want to go and change the topic from "definitive" because it clearly isnt, you may also want to amend the line which reads "Goalkeeper (Must be player's natural position i.e. a GK)".

If your going to try and be a smart arse at least know what the **** you are talking about, KKKKKKKKKKKAAAAAYYYYYYY????

Also, i think people shouldnt be allowed to compose "difinitive" guides when they clearly dont know what there talking about
    same results in my tests ..
    herdo and cracicot like this.
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by shwanko07 View Post
    same results in my tests ..
    Its been that way for at least three months, cheers for backing it up though
    cracicot likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by herdo View Post
    Im not putting up screen shots, im hardly going to make my results up (though looks like you did). Its your name on the post on the definitive bla bla bla thread or did someone else write that n you stole it? I new youd blame a change in the game engine, seems to be par for the course when you really meant to say "i dont know". Ive also only one account and played one game to disprove what you said and prove what i already knew (which was backed up by another forum member). Ive absolutely no intention of making my own thread about illegal formations, the "collective " one is generally fine. "smart arse" personal insult, really lol??

Basically, dont try and scoff at/belittle people on here when infact what you are saying is a load of tripe!
    I CAN post screenshots from last week, from a game I watched.
    Do we need two goalkeepers?-i1.jpgDo we need two goalkeepers?-i2.jpgDo we need two goalkeepers?-i3.jpgDo we need two goalkeepers?-i4.jpg
    Again, this is a situation I have personally seen dozens of times, and others brpoght up in the illegal formation thread - an otherwise legal formation, with 80/20 possession. Invariably there's a non-GK playing keeper. Does that matter to you? No. Because after all, I'm just "making things up", right?

If a non-GK at keeper is not the reason for the possession penalty in the above case, and the dozens of others like it, then either a) there's some other explanation and the fact that every time it comes up there's a non GK at keeper is sheer coincidence (several dozen times???) or b) there's been a change in the game.

Have a nice day. I hope things get better for you. It must really suck to have to live with your attitude.
    cracicot likes this.
    ~^~*~^~ My opinions are best when taken with a grain of salt. No iodine added. ~^~*~^~

Quote Originally Posted by DogTag View Post
    My GK once got a red card, yes it is very rare but it happened anyway...
    lol the gk got red carded, that must suck
    Last edited by AdRob5; 04-25-2013 at 03:32 AM. Reason: Reason: Reason:

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	I1.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	5737Click image for larger version. 

Name:	I2.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	5738Click image for larger version. 

Name:	I3.jpg 
Size:	68.6 KB 
ID:	5739Click image for larger version. 

Name:	I4.jpg 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	5740
    Again, this is a situation I have personally seen dozens of times, and others brpoght up in the illegal formation thread - an otherwise legal formation, with 80/20 possession. Invariably there's a non-GK playing keeper. Does that matter to you? No. Because after all, I'm just "making things up", right?

If a non-GK at keeper is not the reason for the possession penalty in the above case, and the dozens of others like it, then either a) there's some other explanation and the fact that every time it comes up there's a non GK at keeper is sheer coincidence (several dozen times???) or b) there's been a change in the game.

Have a nice day. I hope things get better for you. It must really suck to have to live with your attitude.
    I played against 2 teams yesterday that played legal formations but were playing with non-GK in the GK position and I was awarded 80% possession in BOTH games.

I KNOW that when you play a non-GK in the GK position you will have only 20% possession. This is fact.
    It goes to say that when you play a player out of position, you will not be penalized with 20% possession. I would assume that you could conceivably play both GKs and as long as one of them is playing the actual GK position, you should have normal possession with the GK playing out gets penalized.

Pro

Heres my screens, im not arguing about this anymore and how i live or my attitude is no concern of yours. Im just happy ive proved you wrong.....what did you actually prove? a striker cant play in goal and that your a hypocrite about personal insults
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Do we need two goalkeepers?-sc20130425-081425.jpg   Do we need two goalkeepers?-sc20130425-081433.jpg   Do we need two goalkeepers?-sc20130425-081438.jpg   Do we need two goalkeepers?-sc20130425-081456.jpg  
    Last edited by herdo; 04-25-2013 at 01:26 PM.

Rookie

Razz, I am at season 5 and get the same finding as you have: if a team is at 20% possession and have a " legal" formation , I check who is playing goalkeeper and 100% of the time ... It's not a real GK... Hardo likes to argue with everybody, don't take it personally ... And he thinks he has the supreme knowledge!!!

Ah, but he's "proved me wrong", whatever that means - We have three of us encountering this situation within the last week (which constitutes 'proof' for Herdo, unless it doesn't support what he says?), with Cracicot encountering it twice AFTER Herdo's claim. So I don't know what to make of it. There MUST be a logical answer, since we're dealing with computer code, but I can't figure out what it is.

My best guess is that maybe there's a heavy possession penalty rather than an outright illegal formation penalty? Herdos screenshots would seem to counter that, but I suspect the formations shown weren't the ones played the entire match - 49% seems very high with 1 midfielder vs 3 and equal level teams ..

I don't know. The devs won't give us a direct answer on this, so we'll just have to keep an eye on it and see if we get more information or if someone comes up with a plausible answer.

Oh, btw, if I was a 'smart arse' or if I was 'a hypocrite about personal insults', I sure don't see where. Maybe when you dish it out you start seeing your own medicine where there isn't any. *shrug*. I certainly could respond in kind, and it would be crystal clear that I meant personal insult, but frankly my curiousity about this issue has the best of me and I'd rather not have the thread locked just yet.
    ~^~*~^~ My opinions are best when taken with a grain of salt. No iodine added. ~^~*~^~

Quote Originally Posted by shwanko07 View Post
    i have only one GK .. with no problem
    he got injured at 20 min, played a CB as GK, and had a clean sheet
    that is how much engine $ucks
    as long as he defensive ability is good, he will be great GK even if he is a defender
    In real football, there are plenty of examples of an outfield player going in goal because a team has no sub and keeping a clean sheet. Even saving penalties

This is not an example of the game engine sucking
    cracicot likes this.
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

Season 1: League Champions (no Cup or CL)

Season 2: League Champions, Cup silver medal, CL silver medal

Season 3: League Champions, CL bronze medal

Season 4: League bronze medal, CL winner, Cup winner

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast