Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Home game disadvantage

VFK
    Rookie

Home game disadvantage

Since mid-last season, in most of my games (not every), the home teams have had a huge possession disadvantage although the nominal possession bonuses may be even 15% into the home side's advantage.

Examples. My possession numbers against the same, fairly equally rated team: 44% home, 57% away. Against another club of similar quality: neutral Cup final 50%, away in League 61%. Home against a two whole stars weaker team with 15% bonus for me: 52%.

Have you experienced the same?

Also I've noticed that this hasn't happened when the home manager isn't present. (Which is why I've stopped watching my home games). Coincidence or not?
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.

Famous
    Maybe your opponent has a heavy load (more) midfielders in the game??

I find it all very random, sometimes I win against stronger teams and sometimes I lose against weaker teams.

Back of the net!

VFK
    Rookie
    There has always been randomness but this is a new thing. Differences in tactics aren't enough to explain such a consistent trend either. I looked at last two league rounds, the home team had more possession in only 2 of 14 games, with a red card for away team involved in other of them.

So at least in my server, there's definitely a home team possession disadvantage, and I think this is an unintentional bug. Interesting if other servers don't have the same.

Quote Originally Posted by VFK View Post
    There has always been randomness but this is a new thing. Differences in tactics aren't enough to explain such a consistent trend either. I looked at last two league rounds, the home team had more possession in only 2 of 14 games, with a red card for away team involved in other of them.

So at least in my server, there's definitely a home team possession disadvantage, and I think this is an unintentional bug. Interesting if other servers don't have the same.
    Sincerely never seen this problem, i get always 70 to 80 % possesion almost all matches, 60 to 70 for hard matches , both home or away with similar oppo %, you need to post some screens or details to investigate

“Football is born in the brain, not in the body"

Yeah a friend and me, we also noticed that. I think he even wrote some words to the support because of that and they said it is a bug that some users are experiencing and they are working on it...

Until then, I would highly advise you to not watch your home games. The more possession bonus you have for your home game, it is added for the opponent and to your disadvantage, really stupid.

I will not believe it's a bug until official answer... let me doubt and think that this is, 1- normal, as always has been like this or 2- maybe effect of the wide beatability margin introduced.

Cup. Opponent about 10% weaker. Away game fan bonus + 3% for home team (my opponent). I am white, I have still 64% posession in this game and won it easily 3-0. On a neutral ground without any fan bonus I would have had 67% posession.

Home game disadvantage-awaygame.jpg

Cup rematch, this time I'm home (yellow). Fan bonus + 15% for me. Still only 48% posession. On a neutral ground I as the home team would have had 33% posession and the opponent 67% as away team, same I had in the away game. Lost 1-3.

Home game disadvantage-homegame.jpg

I mean, sure tactics can change but apart from that nothing really happened to both teams between these 2 matches. Still we have a posession of 67% in favor of the away team in both matches, when in a normal world and in TE until a few weeks ago, the home team always had a little bonus.
    Say what you want, but this is just impossible. There must be a bug regarding this. I barely can get over 50% posession in any of my home games, despite having the fan bonus +15% and being the better team on paper, yet I'm absolutely dominating in my away games.
    khris likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    The stats of the games are just broken in some games.
    I noticed that before many months and made this post here
    https://forum.topeleven.com/top-elev...how-comes.html

@VFK was there too
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Ive done a check out and seems not my case.... well I mean I see all normal.... been having arround 70%s home-away mostly of cases...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast