Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Manipulation

Manipulation

Not falling for it anymore Top 11.
    I have been playing this game now for many years and am at manager level 65. During that time I have on occasion bought some tokens to strengthen my squad and be competitive but never enough to dominate as I like to apply strategic skill.
    A couple of seasons ago after a loss, as part of the after match comments you apply, you used (for the first time in my experience) the suggestion: 'let's make a pledge to strengthen the squad'. After a subsequent series of surprising losses to weaker teams I foolishly did buy some tokens to strengthen my squad and results improved but on reflection I believe this to be due to Top 11's manipulation rather than new players as my squad was stronger than my winning opponents anyway, I always train to a maximum of 10 and watch videos to ensure I have superb condition status and morale.
    This season, Top 11 have attempted the manipulation again by repeating the 'let's pledge to strengthen the squad' comment and as I haven't done so, surprise, surprise I am again losing to much weaker opposition that are unsupported and do not even have manager attendance.
    I have played the game long enough now to identify the various differences between expected logical loss numbers, simple dominance in team strength and balance of Top 11 to ensure that the game generates a reasonable return to warrant a gaming business.
    So, just to let you know Top 11, I will not be 'making a pledge to strengthen my squad' but most definitely have made a pledge to never buy any tokens ever again. Your manipulative attempt has resulted in an own goal I'm afraid!
    nesta17 likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    You bought some tokens and strengthen your squad, how ?
    Making them greens and doing extra training ?
    Buying scouts ?

what else ?
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
    I have been playing this game now for many years and am at manager level 65. During that time I have on occasion bought some tokens to strengthen my squad and be competitive but never enough to dominate as I like to apply strategic skill.
    A couple of seasons ago after a loss, as part of the after match comments you apply, you used (for the first time in my experience) the suggestion: 'let's make a pledge to strengthen the squad'. After a subsequent series of surprising losses to weaker teams I foolishly did buy some tokens to strengthen my squad and results improved but on reflection I believe this to be due to Top 11's manipulation rather than new players as my squad was stronger than my winning opponents anyway, I always train to a maximum of 10 and watch videos to ensure I have superb condition status and morale.
    This season, Top 11 have attempted the manipulation again by repeating the 'let's pledge to strengthen the squad' comment and as I haven't done so, surprise, surprise I am again losing to much weaker opposition that are unsupported and do not even have manager attendance.
    I have played the game long enough now to identify the various differences between expected logical loss numbers, simple dominance in team strength and balance of Top 11 to ensure that the game generates a reasonable return to warrant a gaming business.
    So, just to let you know Top 11, I will not be 'making a pledge to strengthen my squad' but most definitely have made a pledge to never buy any tokens ever again. Your manipulative attempt has resulted in an own goal I'm afraid!

I currently have the best team in my league and am 3rd.. Just saying.. I think sometimes, they don't just want you to win the league every season no matter what you do.
    nesta17 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    You bought some tokens and strengthen your squad, how ?
    Making them greens and doing extra training ?
    Buying scouts ?

what else ?
    You can strengthen squad by buying strong players via offers (usually from events etc). You can also use a trainer to increase star level of existing players. Plus (as you state, by doing extra team training).
    I do not mind not being top, I haven't won the league for a while. But I do mind being indirectly asked to buy tokens and then after I don't, failing to win 8 out of 9 matches against a lot weaker opposition in league & cups.
    nesta17 likes this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
    Mate, you don't have to buy tokens.

maybe take a look to your squad.
    Maybe some old players are not performing anymore?
    Maybe time to buy on the market a fast trainer?
    Or train the squad more...?
    Or just change tactis, maybe the team will perform better, this worked mostly for me..
    Just play some other tactics or if you attend matcheseven if the player perform like a 6.6 or 6.7 make sub and put a weaker player in...

I play for the titles every season and never spent real money on it
    nesta17 likes this.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by maloukees View Post

Or just change tactis, maybe the team will perform better, this worked mostly for me..
    Just play some other tactics or if you attend matcheseven if the player perform like a 6.6 or 6.7 make sub and put a weaker player in...

True I agree with you.
    maloukees and nesta17 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by maloukees View Post

Thanks, I appreciate your suggestions. However, I have done these though and whilst that has worked to improve things in the past it did not after I received the suggestion that I mentioned in my article (let's make a pledge to strengthen the squad) hence why I wrote it, and it also helps others to identify a manipulative attempt by Top 11.
    I appreciate your response though, by helping each other we improve our playing experience.
    nesta17 and Altiplano like this.

Famous
    Out of interest. Are you Mungo FC who is at the top of my server?

Quote Originally Posted by Altiplano View Post
    out of interest. where to check that server list?

Quote Originally Posted by Altiplano View Post
    Hi MW, yep it's me. Hope you're well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast