Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 69.70%
  • No

10 30.30%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Bring back Relegation Campaign ( with -20% Q for ALL)

Bring back Relegation Campaign ( with -20% Q for ALL)

IF you are tired of easy leagues where there is competion against only 2-3 managers beacause the other are ones abbondoned teams or tanking teams
    IF you are tired of managers that tank and then 1 day decide to use their best 11 to compromise the league results
    IF you want this tanking finish once and for all

THEN VOTE , let Nordeus hear your voice
    ( I'm not the first that talked about this idea, but they ignored it many times so lets VOTE NOW guys )
    khris likes this.

“Football is born in the brain, not in the body"

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Relegation you mean the team will demote to a level bellow or just gonna loose -20% q and repeat the level ?
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by IImaestroII View Post
    IF you are tired of easy leagues where there is competion against only 2-3 managers beacause the other are ones abbondoned teams or tanking teams
    IF you are tired of managers that tank and then 1 day decide to use their best 11 to compromise the league results
    IF you want this tanking finish once and for all

THEN VOTE , let Nordeus hear your voice
    ( I'm not the first that talked about this idea, but they ignored it many times so lets VOTE NOW guys )
    Isn't so easy to apply a -5 (entire 20%) to the players base.... that's why Im more follower of do a straight training closing for non promoted teams, don't allowing to train when players reach the 7* or the 8*... or maybe a specific percent between this...
    I really don't belive that this will be done tbh, as some other tactical simulators Ive seen, the count only goes up... and this means that then the promotion would be easy once relegated, and that as the league does the groups using the AvQ...... the only way to do it is like this, with no discount...

This of course will need to think in some changes regarding the FAs... maybe think in some realism, like send us a message saying that, X, Y and Z star players of our team are going to leave....
    and at this point to make it work, they can "leave" to a reserve bot team that can be added in hidden way or visual one, in our same team list with spots for players that couldn't be selected if we don't promote.... locking them ¿?.....

This needs developement an a good structure to don't unbalance even more the distances of stars that we actually have with the Fas tankers... cuz we wont ppl tanking with 8* 5-6 seasons to have 13* players, u know what I mean.... but something like I mentioned could be done if +7* are locked till promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    loose -20% q and repeat the level ?
    Yes i mean this
    maloukees likes this.

While I agree with the spirit of this, I don't think relegation is the answer. You can't relegate everyone who doesn't move up, because that's unrealistic; some people have to stay at the same level. Which means that you have to set a cutoff, and tankers can easily control their tanking to win just enough to not get relegated.

I think a quality cap is a good idea, where players on teams that do not get promoted are reset to 7* if they are 8 or 9 stars. However, Nordeus will never do this, as it disincentivizes spending tokens on the highest quality players. The idea where a team that finishes in the bottom 2 or 3 loses some of their best players is a good idea, as it implies that those players are seeking out better leagues and better situations, which occurs in real life. I think that should be looked into.

In the end, Nordeus needs to use their data to help eliminate tankers. They should find the standard deviation for every team, and if it's extremely high, it means the team has a wide range of qualities, and is likely tanking. Then they can either a) block the team, b) have it so that the worst players on such teams are automatically sold to agents, or c) calculate their "team quality" for pairings in such a way that the higher-quality players are weighted more. There'll still be exploits (and this wouldn't help with out-of-position or weird formations) but I have to imagine it would help close one loophole.
    DRAGONS SC

THE PERMANENT END

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Well, I don't agree.
    Motivation for this permanent tanking is the associations (platinum rewards, no motivation for the other competitions and the top100 list).
    With this implement, a group can have 2 weak teams, which every season will loose -1* and after some seasons they will be -5* or -10*.
    Those fake accounts with the other strong group mates will make a very low avg q group which will face weak opponents in every asso draw.
    Remember, tanking is the way, not the motive.
    Hunter and milpol like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by jcohen42 View Post
    While I agree with the spirit of this, I don't think relegation is the answer. You can't relegate everyone who doesn't move up, because that's unrealistic; some people have to stay at the same level. Which means that you have to set a cutoff, and tankers can easily control their tanking to win just enough to not get relegated.

I think a quality cap is a good idea, where players on teams that do not get promoted are reset to 7* if they are 8 or 9 stars. However, Nordeus will never do this, as it disincentivizes spending tokens on the highest quality players. The idea where a team that finishes in the bottom 2 or 3 loses some of their best players is a good idea, as it implies that those players are seeking out better leagues and better situations, which occurs in real life. I think that should be looked into.

In the end, Nordeus needs to use their data to help eliminate tankers. They should find the standard deviation for every team, and if it's extremely high, it means the team has a wide range of qualities, and is likely tanking. Then they can either a) block the team, b) have it so that the worst players on such teams are automatically sold to agents, or c) calculate their "team quality" for pairings in such a way that the higher-quality players are weighted more. There'll still be exploits (and this wouldn't help with out-of-position or weird formations) but I have to imagine it would help close one loophole.
    I understand , but the introduction of a limit imo will be hard to make , if they do something like that probably they will "nerf" actual mutant players and the owners will rage and leave the game. Relegation instead will gradually decrease the attributes of that players and the managers will be forced to play normally.

Mutants are a whole other issue. Mutants and tanking are both means that undermine the legitimacy and integrity of the game. If a policy to counteract tanking also gives trouble to mutants, then all the better in my eyes.
    IImaestroII and Hunter like this.
    DRAGONS SC

THE PERMANENT END

Tanking should be limited in some way. The easiest way is league trophy become more valuable (rewards in tokens and greens), but punishing of tankers will be more satisfying for me lol
    stra likes this.

Famous
    Agreed,

All teams should loose 20% and also a relegation and promotion like in real football should be there....

Just like in de FA we loose always 20% of our points, so why not for the quality.
    We get more competitive games, more fun...

Only let's make the bottom of the quality 20% so nobody can lower than that..

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast