Thread: Winning team goes to trash after update

Angry Winning team goes to trash after update

Hi everyone,

I need some serious help here.
    My team had a real shot at the treble this season, with a minimum % difference of 20, and a minimum quality difference of 5. My average goals per game was sitting around 5. I was smashing everyone. I always have full morale, full rest and a 10% bonus in all my bonuses before each game.

Then the update rolled in.
    First match, won the previous game 5-2, ended up losing 1-2.
    Second match, lost 3-0
    Cup final, lost 3-0

So now the treble is gone. I have tried everything I can think of to pull it around. Playing with a 3,1,3,3, DL,DC,DR, - DMC,- ML,MC,MR - AML,ST,AMR
    Tactics: Attacking, mixed/through middle, Mixed/Short, Counters on and off, Pressing High, Tackling I even pushed to hard in desperation, Man-to-man, offside on.
    I can change the mentality to hard defending/ attacking and there's no difference.
    The individual mentality I set to half def, half att, then all att, then def with some neutral.

There is just no change in performance, I cannot score goals anymore and I cannot defend against them.

My entire team is minimum 6 stars pushing 7, I face opponents who dont have anywhere near the quality I do.

My questions is this:

Firstly, why, for the love of all that is holy, does a patch drop that will change the game mechanics a week before finals? That's pretty unfair imo, make patches drop at the beginning of each season, for serious guys.

Secondly, what am I doing wrong? I'll be honest, i dont know how the individual mentality interacts with overall mentality in the tactics menu, but to reduce my whole team to performing worse than ManU under Mourinho? For double serious.

Rookie
    Silver moon,

I agree completely that this update/patch should not have been applied mid-season. That was wrong and clearly an indication that someone does not care about the commitment players are putting into the game. This should have happened at the beginning of the next season so that everyone can start with any new behaviors and adjust their teams accordingly. This timing was for crap.

As far as what mentality you should be applying. That I cannot say. I am having similar issues. Just lost 0 - 1 against a team I defeated 4 -2 in the first game and I had a higher quality difference (+20%) this time around. The only thing I would look out for is that this late in the season some teams may be playing with the finance bonus in order to get the wins they need to finish higher in league or farther in the Cups. If you are not tweaking that parameter you may want to consider it.

Anyway my main point, more to the devs than to you, is that these updates should not happen mid-season.

Addicted
    there is some periods of season i feel just like you, there is few days when everything goes wrong, stuborn as i am, dont changing nothing and it comes back to normal again in 2-3days
    Try to play as usual and in game bonuses use posesion or condition for a bit

Quote Originally Posted by silvermoon View Post
    Hi everyone,

I need some serious help here.
    My team had a real shot at the treble this season, with a minimum % difference of 20, and a minimum quality difference of 5. My average goals per game was sitting around 5. I was smashing everyone. I always have full morale, full rest and a 10% bonus in all my bonuses before each game.

Then the update rolled in.
    First match, won the previous game 5-2, ended up losing 1-2.
    Second match, lost 3-0
    Cup final, lost 3-0

So now the treble is gone. I have tried everything I can think of to pull it around. Playing with a 3,1,3,3, DL,DC,DR, - DMC,- ML,MC,MR - AML,ST,AMR
    Tactics: Attacking, mixed/through middle, Mixed/Short, Counters on and off, Pressing High, Tackling I even pushed to hard in desperation, Man-to-man, offside on.
    I can change the mentality to hard defending/ attacking and there's no difference.
    The individual mentality I set to half def, half att, then all att, then def with some neutral.

There is just no change in performance, I cannot score goals anymore and I cannot defend against them.

My entire team is minimum 6 stars pushing 7, I face opponents who dont have anywhere near the quality I do.

My questions is this:

Firstly, why, for the love of all that is holy, does a patch drop that will change the game mechanics a week before finals? That's pretty unfair imo, make patches drop at the beginning of each season, for serious guys.

Secondly, what am I doing wrong? I'll be honest, i dont know how the individual mentality interacts with overall mentality in the tactics menu, but to reduce my whole team to performing worse than ManU under Mourinho? For double serious.
    Which is the situation of your team? in terms of Quality vs the oppos, and, have u any mutant player?

Famous
    Maybe better do not change formation and tactics maybe also not full moral..

In my team when I play full moral I always loose...

Moral suppose to help us win, not lose... I don't get it.
    Max moral = the better the players are performing, correct ? Or am I missing smth here ?!
    !!! And From The Ashes He Was Reborn !!!

Quote Originally Posted by iptables View Post
    Moral suppose to help us win, not lose... I don't get it.
    Max moral = the better the players are performing, correct ? Or am I missing smth here ?!
    Probably a myth, but sometimes when you have everything at max, a troll is more likely to hit you :]

A.C. MILAN LEGENDS-Team Showcase
    http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...n-legends.html
    Season 45,lvl 43(24 trebles)
    GAME OVER

Dreamer
    i think hes clearly right about game engine affecting results from second half of season my team stop scoring as did it seems most of my league troll results seem to happen more often, nothing i seem to do changing playing style etc etc etc hasnt made any kind of difference