Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: my ball possession suddenly dropped

Quote Originally Posted by Narf View Post
    Sorry, I though you were talking about MC/MR/ML specifically. Yes, you do need 3 *M* players, but you'll have a tough job not having them on the pitch even with a red card - you have 5 defender spots and 3 for strikers, I haven't seen a sane formation that fills both.
    No sorries, please. Maybe I not clearly explained what I wanna mean. But it's cool to discuss this, because I'm prettyy sure when I'm playing with 10 I played with a illegal formation for not knowing these rules consequently my possession have decreased.

Thank You for the tips.

Quote Originally Posted by shwanko07 View Post
    i seen teams playing with 1 mid and not suffered no possession penalty

illegals is
    - no wingers or fullbacks at each side
    - no 3 CB at back
    - no striker
    i think you can even play with no CM at all
    I'll try with a weak team someday... TY.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by casper™ View Post
    Isn't what the guide says, but please anyone feel free to comment about this situation when we got a red card in the game.
    That guides questionable........

Banned
    I think it means this: look at the formation from a previous game. You will see red, yellow, and green circles to represent Strikers, Midfielders, Defense respectively. As long as you ALWAYS have at least 3 green(any combo of DC/DR/DL), 3 yellow(any combo of DML/DMC/DMR/ML/MC/MR/AML/AMC/AMR) and one red (ST), then you will NOT be penalized with 20% possession.

Also, you need at least one player on each wing, for a total of two players and they can be any player of any position. I think you can put a ST on a wing but he will be playing out of position. Can anyone confirm that playing an ST on the wing will only cause a position penalty and not a possession penalty?

When you lost your DC to a red card, you needed to substitute any player to bring on another Defenseman (DL/DC/DR).
    Last edited by cracicot; 04-27-2013 at 08:55 AM.

what? at least 4 players in oppoentìs side? i've never seen this neither i could imagine.

The ball possession dropped before i got the red card for my back defender... but it's reasonable to think that probably the system anticipated itself and the red card caused the drop in the ball possession few minutes before it happened.
    I can confirm i immediately made a change to to have the third player as defender - just as i probably replaced an attacker and i was playing with 2 DML (so in my side) i had only 3 players in opponents side and that's the reason why the ball possession didn't go up again! very interesting.

thanks for all your feedback guys!

sorry, those were not two DMLs of course... were a DML and a DMR

Quote Originally Posted by casper™ View Post
    Isn't what the guide says, but please anyone feel free to comment about this situation when we got a red card in the game.
    You do NOT need ML/MC/MR in your squad for it to be illegal. You will lose some possession but it is not an illegal formation.

I have played against a formation without ML/MR/MC and no team got 20%, in fact it was quite evenly matched

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12