Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: The new transfer market: How much do you spend per player?

Pro

The new transfer market: How much do you spend per player?

So now everybody is getting used to the new transfer market I am curious as to how much tokens people pay per player. For a good picture of this tell:

A) What players you are aiming for? As in high 5 stars, low 4 stars with SA, young or old players, etc....
    B) Which system you are using the most? Auctions, scout, negotiations or recommended
    C) How much you are willing to pay for them?
    D) How much you often end up paying for them?
    E) How much tokens do you spend per season this way.

So here are my experiences:
    A) I aim for young players. If you get a fast trainer (really hard to spot now) with a SA you can easily last 5-6 seasons with him so in the long run they are cheaper.
    B) I never buy scouts but I do use the auctions, negotiations and recommended markets.
    C) Recommended: I only use the 79 tokens option and only if he is 19 or 20 yrs old and is a player that I am really missing. I try to use negotiations the most now. No fighting for players with enormous amounts of tokens. Depending on age and SA I normally bid somewhere between 4-7 tokens. In auction I try to aim for 30 tokens.
    D) Negotiations and recommended are set. The auction market is crazy though. When I spot a good player, especially in the first few days the bidding goes up to 40-70 tokens. So far I have ended up buying an 18 yr old AMR/AMC/AML with free kick SA for 40 tokens. After 40 tokens I quit bidding.
    E) Last season I got 100 tokens extra for promoting to platinum but I ended up spending a total of somewhere around 170 tokens for players. This was on both teams with 1 recommended player. I was glad I needed only a few new players but I have never spend that amount of tokens per season.

The reason I start this thread is to see if players are spending much more tokens on players nowadays. If I buy 3 players by negotiations for 5 tokens per piece I will need 75 tokens for them roughly. I more fast trainer for 40-50 tokens or a recommended player and you will end up with 150 tokens per season.

You get about 20 tokens from weekly presents. 35 tokens for free and I am receiving 50 tokens from the association games. Netting me in 105 tokens per season. So I will drop 30-50 tokens easily per season. I saved up 600 tokens so I can last a while but my bank is shrinking. How about you guys?
    FC Knudde:
    Seasons: 46
    League won: 33
    CL won: 10
    Cup won: 4

FC Killroy:
    Seasons: 32
    League won: 20
    CL won: 6
    Superleague: 3
    Cup won: 7

I might as well answer the initial questions properly.

A) I go for youth with SAs and Multiple positions. Looking for the unicorns with desirable stats for their respective positions. I try to avoid obvious academy selloffs. For negotiation bids, I like looking for STs with obviously boosted attack stats, midfielders that have high passing, positioning and fitness, defenders with multiple positions with SAs and high stats corresponding to their sa.

B) I am using auction this season because I want to start training my new recruits as soon as possible to start shaping and defining their projected role on the team. I have wasted a lot of youth with unfocused development in the past and will likely continue doing so. L)

C) Up to 50T on auction, I would pay 100T for a recommended 19yr ST/AMC with either foot and FK SA. My price ranges vary according to skill level, age, and SA/positions. I would never pay more than 10T for a player over 24.

D) Highest I paid was for an 18yr old DC with PK SA this season. cost me 48T. I am expecting to see another positional scoring competition and having a DC that can take FKs/pens and score will be a huge boon to winning that.

E) My token usage fluctuates and is cyclical. Right now I am in a turnaround rebuild season so I am token poor (Spent around 100T) but have 8 18/19yr olds to show for it. I've gone seasons spending less that 10T. Typically I sell 3-5 players on negotiations and replace those players with free academy grads or cheap auction buys to resell later. Usually I only have 1-2 first team spots to fill. I tried to patch my team up last season after being away for work but a full rebuild was long overdue. It's been 7 seasons since I last tanked.
    Last edited by HoofDaddy; 07-25-2017 at 12:21 PM.
    girl gooner likes this.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    I guess this is gonna be an endless discussion but it's a good one and I like the way to wrote it, especially focusing on some key points.

A) What players you are aiming for? As in high 5 stars, low 4 stars with SA, young or old players, etc....
    B) Which system you are using the most? Auctions, scout, negotiations or recommended
    C) How much you are willing to pay for them?
    D) How much you often end up paying for them?
    E) How much tokens do you spend per season this way.

A - I guess it goes on manager budget and it's kinda a general rule especially now. Those who afford to play with 400, 500 tokens monthly would go more likely to Scout and Negotiation rather then transfer market as prices can be pretty much the same or in some cases even much higher. Those who play with daily tokens would prob. focus on regular players, not to old, not to young, medium quality reported to ongoing star. Recommended finally found it's place with this update for transfer market as you can find good gems there for a good price.
    B - Scout (combined more or less with the rest of them)
    C - I always had this thing that I should go till the last token if is needed, just for the name but now it's kinda chaotic and in general I try to avoid the transfer market.
    D - As much as needed
    E - Depends, can be 0 or can be few hundred.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Famous
    Used to buy one Scout a season but that'll finish now that the video offers are gone.
    I buy 18/19/20 yo high 4*/low 5* players. They'll all be close to 6* by the end of the season and I only bid two tokens max.
    Picked up 7 already to go with the 5 good players I kept from last season and the rest are low free academy.

Pro
    I should have added one more question to the survey. Do you spend more or less tokens now with the new transfer market?

So far I have spend a lot more. After carefully saving lots of tokens over the last 20-30 seasons these are the first two seasons I will end up with a negative amount of tokens. Of course I bought a recommended player and thus this is a big money drain but if I am paying 40-50 tokens for a 19 yr with a SA, why not pay 20-30 tokens more for a recommended player who will be high in quality for the next 4-5 seasons.

Nordeus introduced some new ways to get tokens (weekly prices and asso games) so tokens needed to undergo an inflation. If there was no extra spending on the tokens everybody would end up with a lot more tokens. For the first time I can feel the change of this with the new transfer market. That is where the biggest inflation is coming from.
    FC Knudde:

FC Killroy:

Pro
    Double post sorry.
    FC Knudde:

FC Killroy:

You have to play smart, I am lvl 26 and bought 21 5* players( most of them are young and almost scout) for just 79T, just bid smart, the new sistem in my opinion is better. And it is crazy to spend 40+T on a player.
    Temidayo_ likes this.

Negotiations are a great way now since you can get good players cheaper than the TM and make some manager happy, not to mention avoiding the headache.
    Transfer market is still something you can't escape, I go for young 5 star players (usually the most expensive ones) Don't care for SA at all. I try to see the mentality of the people bidding, by being aggressive you can send some kind of message but it doesn't always work.
    As far as scout players go I get at least one 69 token from time to time in an attacking position I need to fill. Defensive scouts are a waste of tokens they will last you max 3, season at least in my experience.

Famous
    Dealing wih the new transfer market is similar to dealing with a stock-exchange place: you need to have a pretty good idea of what is the reasonable price for the player you are interested in and stick to it (I usually keep the option to add 1 or 2 above this price). And then, keep calm and be strong: if the price gets insane, just leave! Your honor is not at stake. But it's a funny game and that's why I love this new system a lot. I especially have fun against the impatient ones: those who add 2-10 tokens in one shot. With these, I think I take a psychologic advantage by adding 1 token at the very last second every time. They either leave or become crazy and add too many tokens. In both hands, it's a victory for me!
    Club: FC Lomagne

Level: 33

Current Season (44): League (ON STRIKE), CL (N/A), Cup (In - Quarter-Finals)

Previous Season: League (11th), CL (Final), Cup (Last 16)

I like jacking the price up early to what I feel is about 80% of the players value just to discourage the punters from trying to snipe a bargain. I do agree that everyone should set limits in regards to how much players are worth. I usually go 18-19 35T +5 for each position/SA. 20-21 25T, 22-23 15T 24+ 10T 28+ 5T But i haven't bought an oldie in awhile.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast