Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: The new transfer market: How much do you spend per player?

The new auction system has been no different from the old for me, tbh. Neither spending more tokens nor less. Although, I'll admit I called it bull**** when it was first implemented. Think now that I, like everyone, was just being sentimental.

Quote Originally Posted by Mensa7 View Post
    You have to play smart, I am lvl 26 and bought 21 5* players( most of them are young and almost scout) for just 79T, just bid smart, the new sistem in my opinion is better. And it is crazy to spend 40+T on a player.
    I swear you're me.

Quote Originally Posted by Temidayo_ View Post
    The new auction system has been no different from the old for me, tbh. Neither spending more tokens nor less. Although, I'll admit I called it bull**** when it was first implemented. Think now that I, like everyone, was just being sentimental.
    I disagree, I could build a team from scratch for 20 T, yes it took a little bit of patience and time but it was worth it. Maybe different servers make us have these kind of different experiences, I wish I could say the same, but everyone in my server seems to be an ignorant of the game or a troll who artificially raises the price of players.
    nikolgiorgos and SuperDunk like this.

Pro
    The auction system is rubbish. Imagine bidding wars of 20+ tokens still going on at this point in the season. Under the old system all I had to do was wake up early in the morning and bid for nordgens, I could get an 18y0 fast trainer with special ability for just 1 token now I require nothing less than 40 tokens to get such a player. The market seem to be filled with crazy managers who seem to have infinite tokens, maybe they are using a token hack.

I stopped using this useless feature 6 seasons ago. There are better ways to find good players

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by HoofDaddy View Post
    I might as well answer the initial questions properly.

A) I go for youth with SAs and Multiple positions. Looking for the unicorns with desirable stats for their respective positions. I try to avoid obvious academy selloffs. For negotiation bids, I like looking for STs with obviously boosted attack stats, midfielders that have high passing, positioning and fitness, defenders with multiple positions with SAs and high stats corresponding to their sa.

B) I am using auction this season because I want to start training my new recruits as soon as possible to start shaping and defining their projected role on the team. I have wasted a lot of youth with unfocused development in the past and will likely continue doing so. L)

C) Up to 50T on auction, I would pay 100T for a recommended 19yr ST/AMC with either foot and FK SA. My price ranges vary according to skill level, age, and SA/positions. I would never pay more than 10T for a player over 24.

D) Highest I paid was for an 18yr old DC with PK SA this season. cost me 48T. I am expecting to see another positional scoring competition and having a DC that can take FKs/pens and score will be a huge boon to winning that.

E) My token usage fluctuates and is cyclical. Right now I am in a turnaround rebuild season so I am token poor (Spent around 100T) but have 8 18/19yr olds to show for it. I've gone seasons spending less that 10T. Typically I sell 3-5 players on negotiations and replace those players with free academy grads or cheap auction buys to resell later. Usually I only have 1-2 first team spots to fill. I tried to patch my team up last season after being away for work but a full rebuild was long overdue. It's been 7 seasons since I last tanked.
    Pretty much see above .2 differences leap out I wouldnt pay anymore than 30 tokens for Auction player .I have paid 79 tokens for 19 year olds in reccomendations as they occupied a desired Position. I often pay the max in scouting but must be no older than 22 .I would if we could pay more for the rarest of Commodities a TOP striker.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Rookie
    I just watched an advert for people with terminal cancer ! It was for a freebie rest pack, now as if that wasn't exploitative enough, thay then never paid out the rest pack.I switched off device and waited 20 minutes nothing. They will make me lose my cup final for writing this , I don't care I had the misfortune of watching my father pass away from terminal Cancer as I lay by his bed . I'm outraged.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by girl gooner View Post
    I just watched an advert for people with terminal cancer ! ... I had the misfortune of watching my father pass away from terminal Cancer as I lay by his bed . I'm outraged.
    You mean, it was in the video? :3
    Altiplano likes this.
    It wasn't our day.

Pro
    I don't use the transfer market anymore. I think I bought 2 or 3 players in total for 2 teams there. I am using negotiations or recommendations only. Negotiations are somewhere in the line of 25-30 tokens and will always be a young player preferably with a SA. If I find a player like that on the transfer market, still be prepared to pay at least the same amount for it but mostly more.
    FC Knudde:
    Seasons: 46
    League won: 33
    CL won: 10
    Cup won: 4

FC Killroy:
    Seasons: 32
    League won: 20
    CL won: 6
    Superleague: 3
    Cup won: 7

My budget is built around the greens which I normally farm 15-20, sometimes 30 per day.
    I m trying to spend big on a player that I consider is a fast trainer and will help me during many seasons, so the transfer bid is divided between seasons.
    As for tokens, even if he is 4* star but costs a lot, that s a definetely buy for me.
    I admitt I have done a mistake by paying 25 Tokens for a 18* y old player at lvl 1, but he managed to win me back to back leagues, 2 cups, 1 CL final and hopefully 1 CL win.
    But I paid 8 T/ season and that seems fair.
    No player is worth 30+ Tokens, maybe young strikers with one-to-one ability.
    So each season I am trying to spend as less as possible, around 50-80 T per season.
    In the last 3 seasons I don t think I spend more than I earned.
    I m still around, LOL!

I did a google search and found this thread.
    I was wondering how many tokens players were spending per season.
    In another thread earlier today, someone mentioned he spends a max of 3 tokens per season to bring some fresh faces.
    Ok, i guess that is possible once your team is stable. Thats still 1 token per player, is that still possible now?

Anyway i spend an average of anywhere between 30 to 40 tokens per season.
    Managed to do it this season as well without negotiations. How about you?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast