Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Video advertising VS Monthly Card: Which is more profitable

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EastsiderSG View Post
    I guess all you old birds must be sitting on like 5 digit greens in storage.
    Only hardcore gamers could win during that era. Times have changed 馃榿
    I can tell you that back at 2014-15, 7* teams were very-very rare.
    Richie72 likes this.
    螝伪位蠋蟼 萎蟻胃伪蟿蔚 蟽蟿慰 螘位位畏谓喂魏蠈 蠁蠈蟻慰蠀渭
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    I can tell you that back at 2014-15, 7* teams were very-very rare.
    Huh, with 150 greens daily and cant cross 120 average quality? Were you guys storing for a rainy day? Haha hamsters!

Addicted
    Huh, with 150 greens daily and cant cross 120 average quality? Were you guys storing for a rainy day? Haha hamsters!
    show Niko respect pal. you ain't got a clue clearly
    Altiplano and nikolgiorgos like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Richie72 View Post
    show Niko respect pal. you ain't got a clue clearly
    Ok apologies on the hamsters part. It wasnt meant to be rude or disrespectful.
    As to being clueless, thats what this forum is for aint it. I come here clueless to learn from you seniors hence the question
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

Lol, 1000 viewings for US 1 dollar? You got a very good deal if so. Am not sure where your figures come from but it is definitely not so little here in Singapore. Our GDP per capita may be 8th but UK at 22nd shouldnt be that cheap either. I could google and put some links here but i am sure you are more interested in proving a point that Nordeus will be poorer without negotiations and the lost of so many players.

Well, only Nordeus knows if they are making less. If so, you can be hopeful for the return of negotiations. No organisation would make decisions that would lower long term profitability. And the people at Nordeus are intelligent enough or have enough money to hire research panels and focus groups to know whats best for the game. After all, all founders at Nordeus were from Microsoft
    Go back to your friend and have another chat! Ask them about 'cost per thousand impressions' (CPM) and 'cost per click' (CPC). The system Nordeus (and other app developers) use is CPM, where they get paid an amount per 1,000 views of an advert. Neither of us really know what that number is, but it's not $200 as you suggest ($0.2 x 1,000).

Now let's do some maths! Just taking your initial calculation to its conclusion (to demonstrate how unlikely it is), you conservatively estimate that Nordeus earns $168 per season from an active user watching 30 vids per day. Lets go even more conservative an assume 20 vids per day, which would be $112 per season, which would be approximately $1,300 per calendar year. Taking some conservative old figures, in 2015 it was estimated that Top Eleven has about 4 million active daily users (likely to be a lot more now). Let's again be conservative and assume that only 1 million of those users are watching the videos. In this scenario, in a calendar year Nordeus earns $1,300,000,000 (that's $1.3 billion!), just from adverts.

I don't disagree with your main point, Nordeus make a lot of money from the adverts and they continually show that they're prepared to take the actions needed to maximise their income. However, if you're going to quote figures you need to at least try and get vaguely close!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo_Mansio View Post
    Go back to your friend and have another chat! Ask them about 'cost per thousand impressions' (CPM) and 'cost per click' (CPC). The system Nordeus (and other app developers) use is CPM, where they get paid an amount per 1,000 views of an advert. Neither of us really know what that number is, but it's not $200 as you suggest ($0.2 x 1,000).

Now let's do some maths! Just taking your initial calculation to its conclusion (to demonstrate how unlikely it is), you conservatively estimate that Nordeus earns $168 per season from an active user watching 30 vids per day. Lets go even more conservative an assume 20 vids per day, which would be $112 per season, which would be approximately $1,300 per calendar year. Taking some conservative old figures, in 2015 it was estimated that Top Eleven has about 4 million active daily users (likely to be a lot more now). Let's again be conservative and assume that only 1 million of those users are watching the videos. In this scenario, in a calendar year Nordeus earns $1,300,000,000 (that's $1.3 billion!), just from adverts.

I don't disagree with your main point, Nordeus make a lot of money from the adverts and they continually show that they're prepared to take the actions needed to maximise their income. However, if you're going to quote figures you need to at least try and get vaguely close!!!
    I did mention 'could be paying Nordeus'. Did i act like a know it all? Was i confident enough to say it definitely earns Nordeus that amount? Get your eyes checked, i did no such thing.

How can you use the rate for Singapore to represent the entire world? Does that make sense, every country has a different rate. Since you are such an expert, you should already know this. Of cos your numbers are inflated. Please refer back to my initial post, my calculations were made on me, one person. Nordeus might have made US168 off ME! ONLY ME! Do a google search and show me anything with US 1 dollar for 1000 views for Singapore which was your so called more accurate estimate. Even banner ads pay at least a few cents per click. Not what you mentioned. I wouldn't post it before checking it online.

Its the vids that paid for the Stoke City sponsorship and the many other sponsorships Nordeus does. Go check out employee reviews of nordeus, everyone says its a fantastic company to work for. 150 to 200 happy employees salaries a month plus rental of office spaces. How about annual bonuses and the many company trips the employees reviewed about. Do your maths. All this costs money. The revenue is used to pay for alot of overheads.

Video advertising VS Monthly Card: Which is more profitable-screenshot_2019-03-19-17-56-27-275_com.android.browser.jpg

I am in Singapore so naturally i expect Nordeus to be paid accordingly for a video watched in SG. At least i bothered to check before posting. You simply put numbers up for the sake of winning an argument. Show me where you get your numbers?!?

Video advertising VS Monthly Card: Which is more profitable-screenshot_2019-03-20-06-13-53-446_com.android.browser.jpg
    Video advertising VS Monthly Card: Which is more profitable-screenshot_2019-03-20-06-01-49-409_com.android.browser.jpg

I am not in the industry but the facts and figures are avaliable online for everyone to see. I do not know what model Top eleven uses or what is CPM. What my friend told me about was CPC. If you think i am very far off the mark, so be it. Thats your opinion. I will keep an open mind if you can provide a screenshot that supports your claim. Empty vessels make the most noise.

Its a free forum and i felt like the topic was interesting so i shared. If i had to fact check before i post, whats the point in a forum where people communicate and share opinions. And if you expect this of me, what have you brought to the table? Who is going to believe you, where are your supporting documents? Your last sentence is so typical of a keyboard warrior whose aim is to put others down or shut them up. And no, the smiley face doesnt make it better after being accused of misrepresentation.
    Last edited by EastsiderSG; 03-19-2019 at 11:04 PM.

Those 100 vids per day was only for UK.
    Some other countries like USA, Germany, France had also some good amount, some others mostly from Western Europe had maybe 5 per day (like mine) and the rest - Eastern Europe, Asia, Africa, most of South America had 0 .
    Some, mostly Vietnamese, Chinese or Indonesian , were using vpn.
    But the majority didn't have those sources we have today (check here #53 https://forum.topeleven.com/tutorial...-mutant-6.html ).
    It was easy to buy players but hard to find fast trainers (the nordgen), to train them and finally sell them.
    There wasn't exploits or tricks or associations or events or this daily box with extra and there weren't big communities like today.
    The forum was "hidden" and there weren't those big TE fb groups like today where you can share things.
    Very important was the tactics.

Here, at LV4, I bough some tokens and got a scout - Romani.
    Won the double. Next season, again with a 6* team won the treble
    Video advertising VS Monthly Card: Which is more profitable-ch.l.-final-highlights.jpg
    Video advertising VS Monthly Card: Which is more profitable-ch.l.-final.jpg

Keep playing that way, LV11, the Cup final
    Video advertising VS Monthly Card: Which is more profitable-knock-out-.jpg
    Video advertising VS Monthly Card: Which is more profitable-4-30-final-comments-penalty.jpg

Last two years I finish the season with a 120% team.
    I have many packs but do not use them.
    It's my choice .
    Video advertising VS Monthly Card: Which is more profitable-greens-12500.jpg
    Rutger0 and milpol like this.

Thank you for the detailed explanation! Anyway i do respect you and your achievements. I doubt many players can win the number of trebles you won while still managing to store up thousands of tokens and greens. Thumps up! I really didn't mean anything by the hamster comment. Tried to be funny and lame but failed miserably thats all there is to it. Not sure if you caught on or you see it negatively the way Ritchie72 did so i thought it best to clarify
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 03-19-2019 at 04:57 PM.

no problem mate
    EastsiderSG likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12