Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Nordeus Cup

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubenito View Post
    The cup sistem is based by level at this moment wrong but you can meet teams with 1 or 2 levels higher but not very good teams, with a rating closer to yours

How about you meet teams that are 5 levels higher and with legend players in their squad like it was before? Would you like that? i offer a better solution to the current situation, and you threaten to bring back the previous, much worse situation. Classy.
    My additions are in bold.
    Last edited by kaiballz; 04-30-2013 at 03:10 PM.
    My Team
    Zhikai F.C - Season 10
    League - Champions: 7 , Runners Up: 1
    Champions League - Champions: 3 , Runners Up: 2
    Cup - Champions: 1 , Runners Up: 1
    Season 6: Perfect League Run: 26-0-0!
    Season 10: World Cup champions!

My Team

Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    Good to see someone actually gets excited for games. Glad someone gets happy about playing Tommy token.

After almost 4 seasons, I dont get excited anymore. Its more of a "Do I really give a ****" attitude now. At this point, I look at the cup bracket and laugh. I need to spend tokens to actually have a chance to compete. I dont like to count on the luck factor of the NGE, because I just lost 2 league games in a row with literal last min goals against the 2nd and 3rd place teams. out of 22 games I have now lost 3, so they come at a bad time. Still in first by one point, but someone at Nordeus flipped a switch, if you know what I mean.

In other words, the honeymoon is over and now Im looking for some fun on the side.
    If I didn't get excited about games - or even if that seems a bit strong, if I got to 'I don't give a ****' - I'd probably just stop playing. That's kind of my point about the cup, it has kept me playing and trying to improve my team as I'm bossing the league and the best left in the CL

I'm low level, so I expect it will get harder, and if I choose not to buy more tokens then my targets might change - I could become Arsenal and count a top 4 place as a 'trophy'! And that's fine. I came to this game because it was a challenge to play against other players, with different budgets to play with and because I thought maybe I can't win everything. Better than FM where I expect to win everything, every season. But it seems some people bring that attitude on here
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

Season 1: League Champions (no Cup or CL)

Season 2: League Champions, Cup silver medal, CL silver medal

Season 3: League Champions, CL bronze medal

Season 4: League bronze medal, CL winner, Cup winner

Quote Originally Posted by Rubenito View Post
    And Peterbourough Utd are convinced that only a miracle can make them advance in the competition
    Frankly, Peterborough are going to need a lot of luck just to stay in the Championship. But I tell you, everyone of a certain age in the city still remembers the time Liverpool came to town and got beat 1-0 in the League Cup about 20 years ago! That's the joy of football
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

I prefer the old cup set up and I will tell you why, because back then my whole squad got a chance to play, i.e. first 11 against same or higher level and reserves against levels below mine. but with this cup my reserves don't get a chance as I am meeting teams higher than my level also in the old cup I played against much higher levels and got smashed but in the last couple of seasons before they changed it I got to the semi's but with this new cup I only make the first 2 rounds so I will focus on Champs League & League sod the cup, I don't care!
    F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

Season 23 Level 23

United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2
    Champions League Finalist 7
    Cups Won 1
    Cup Finalist 2

Season 32 Level 27 (Retired)

Kaiballz - it's based on quality, and most teams are similar to your quality. The guy I'm playing in the final has a 7* squad compared to my nearly 6* squad. In theory, as he is a L5 team, he could have a 9* squad if he had all scouts at his level. But he doesn't

He's 4th in his league with much better players above him, so the cup is probably his one chance for glory this season. Me, I'll get the league and hopefully CL, where I've played teams at my level but lower quality mostly. The treble would be a mega achievement

I say this format works fine
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

Apprentice
    Your chances to win the cup under the actual rules are 1 :128. Everyone can win it and everyone can exit in the preliminary round. No matter what you do you can't compete with the game engine since all the teams are evenly matched. In a way i'm happy with this system because if i exit early i don't need to invest to power train my players in order to compete in the quarters, semifinals, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by reddeviljohn View Post
    I prefer the old cup set up and I will tell you why, because back then my whole squad got a chance to play, i.e. first 11 against same or higher level and reserves against levels below mine. but with this cup my reserves don't get a chance as I am meeting teams higher than my level also in the old cup I played against much higher levels and got smashed but in the last couple of seasons before they changed it I got to the semi's but with this new cup I only make the first 2 rounds so I will focus on Champs League & League sod the cup, I don't care!
    Don't you meet lower quality teams in the league and CL sometimes?
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SimplySimon View Post
    Don't you meet lower quality teams in the league and CL sometimes?
    All the CL 1/4 and semi in my bracket are equal or just under my quality. I have never met someone with better quality in the CL in 4 seasons, except for this season and I have to produce a win in my return leg to get the chance to meet him in the FINAL.
    Overall, the CL is the more fair competition.

I have to say, as you progress in levels the cup gets harder. I won the cup in lvl 2 and thats it. wife not a chance, brother not a chance and they are both lvl 3.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SimplySimon View Post
    If I didn't get excited about games - or even if that seems a bit strong, if I got to 'I don't give a ****' - I'd probably just stop playing. That's kind of my point about the cup, it has kept me playing and trying to improve my team as I'm bossing the league and the best left in the CL

I'm low level, so I expect it will get harder, and if I choose not to buy more tokens then my targets might change - I could become Arsenal and count a top 4 place as a 'trophy'! And that's fine. I came to this game because it was a challenge to play against other players, with different budgets to play with and because I thought maybe I can't win everything. Better than FM where I expect to win everything, every season. But it seems some people bring that attitude on here
    Frankly, I will give lvl 5 a kick without buying tokens and see what happens. I will most likely be top 4 but if I have no chance at 1st, i will tank the season and stay another round in lvl 5. I am in no rush. I made a vow to not spend one more dime on this game and I wont. I will play for free and let bots win and play hard vs real managers just to fack with them. It might become more fun to be a spoiler when you cant win.

With all the frustration caused by Tommy token and NGE, I will eventually fade away into the real world and pay attention to the new addition to my family coming next year. At which point, I will wish you all well and.....nah, i will just quit and never say fack again.

Really though, when I see Nordeus make some changes or actually give a ****, I might be persuaded to "donate" in the future, but at this point, its really not worth it: the cup, the NGE, injuries, Tommy token, auctions....it just looks bleak....

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiballz View Post
    I dont understand. Why can't the cup be decided by level instead of quality? Isn't it obviously more fair? Is there a reason to fit us according to quality instead of level? I'm tired of playing people who are 2-3 levels higher than me.
    Because then it will be an other Champions League..
    SimplySimon likes this.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast