Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Nordeus Cup

Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    All the CL 1/4 and semi in my bracket are equal or just under my quality. I have never met someone with better quality in the CL in 4 seasons, except for this season and I have to produce a win in my return leg to get the chance to meet him in the FINAL.
    Overall, the CL is the more fair competition
    Fair for whom? You just said you never met anyone better in 4 seasons! So I'm assuming most teams aren't as good, and the ones that are about equal get to 1/4 and semi finals

I used reserves in the group stage. Lost one against an awful team, who finished last, but still qualified

The cup isn't fair - it's just more challenging, and to me more fun
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

Season 1: League Champions (no Cup or CL)

Season 2: League Champions, Cup silver medal, CL silver medal

Season 3: League Champions, CL bronze medal

Season 4: League bronze medal, CL winner, Cup winner

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SimplySimon View Post
    Fair for whom? You just said you never met anyone better in 4 seasons! So I'm assuming most teams aren't as good, and the ones that are about equal get to 1/4 and semi finals

I used reserves in the group stage. Lost one against an awful team, who finished last, but still qualified

The cup isn't fair - it's just more challenging, and to me more fun
    Glad the cup is working out for ya. there are more managers not having fun in the cup than actually having fun. Nordeus forum members are but a small fraction of the playing managers out there that have chosen to speak out on the subject, but I would hazard a guess that many of them are not pleased.

And the reason why I have not met much better competition in the CL is because I have bought a small amount of tokens and was able to smartly increase the quality of my team. Next lvl is the challange to do this without tokens. I might actually get a better cup matchup......

Glad the cup is working out for ya. there are more managers not having fun in the cup than actually having fun. Nordeus forum members are but a small fraction of the playing managers out there that have chosen to speak out on the subject, but I would hazard a guess that many of them are not pleased.

And the reason why I have not met much better competition in the CL is because I have bought a small amount of tokens and was able to smartly increase the quality of my team. Next lvl is the challange to do this without tokens. I might actually get a better cup matchup......
    Sure, the cup is a knockout so only 4/128 managers can last as far as today. I do think this way is better than the old format, from what I've heard

Good luck with no tokens, I think you'll find you can do ok. And yes, I suspect that will mean a better cup draw - perhaps not next season, but likely the following one
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

Season 1: League Champions (no Cup or CL)

Season 2: League Champions, Cup silver medal, CL silver medal

Season 3: League Champions, CL bronze medal

Season 4: League bronze medal, CL winner, Cup winner

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Bermudo View Post
    I think its fair, CL is about level, cup about quality... if cup was dependant on level, it would be the same as CL. It gives the mediocre teams a chance to win some trophies. Token buyers will win CL and league anyway.
    Here, here! If they set the cup up the same way as the champs league they may aswell do away with it or if they changed it back to the old format then the top teams in the top leagues would most likely win. The current format is good as its teams that are beatable, teams that will challenge you. Im actually sick of horsing my league and champs league, i even delibrately didnt do much strenghtening of my team this season and still dominated my league and champs league. I went out of the cup after a few tough rounds but it was more fun than the rest of the season put together!

Dreamer
    the cup should cancel

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by aiureah View Post
    Your chances to win the cup under the actual rules are 1 :128.
    This post is correct. Intelligent people should understand why immediately, even though it wont be exactly 1:128 but itll be close. For the not so intelligent... think about it harder lol... you'll probably get there eventually.

So now you know your actual chances of winning the cup. Yea yea, you're in the finals this season. you've probably been really lucky. Mathematically it aint happening for a very long time. Still in love with the nordeus cup? i reckon not.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiballz View Post
    I dont understand. Why can't the cup be decided by level instead of quality? Isn't it obviously more fair? Is there a reason to fit us according to quality instead of level? I'm tired of playing people who are 2-3 levels higher than me.
    Spoken like a true Tommy token. This is the price you pay for spending tokens!!!

No matter what cup format, it will be unfair to someone. You will always have higher levels owning lower levels. The way it is now, i think it is more fair for everyone. A "level field of unfairness", if I could put it that way, which I just did.

Tommy token has more of a chance to meet stronger quality in the cup now. It makes no difference to non-token buyers, as they go on as normal and face higher quality like nothing has changed.

To be honest, I enjoy the fact that Tommy token is facing higher level Tommy token in the cup now. I like that they face even low quality higher level teams that just have to upgrade a few players to blow them away. Gives a little warmth to my heart to know that they feel a bit like a non-token buyer when they go up against a Tommy token.

Congrats Nordeus: you got the cup format right.

BUT, I think you should set limits on players such that once your team is entered, only those that entered the first game can play through to the final. Yes, cup-tying. It wont stop the power trainers but it will stop the scout buyers and bring a little bit more fairness to the cup.

Rookie
    Spoken like a true Tommy token. This is the price you pay for spending tokens!!!
    lol tommy token. i assure you, cracicot, from what ive read on the forums, you've bought at least twice as many tokens as i have. at least. the real number might be closer to 10-20 times, but i like to play it safe with my statements.
    My Team
    Zhikai F.C - Season 10
    League - Champions: 7 , Runners Up: 1
    Champions League - Champions: 3 , Runners Up: 2
    Cup - Champions: 1 , Runners Up: 1
    Season 6: Perfect League Run: 26-0-0!
    Season 10: World Cup champions!

My Team

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiballz View Post
    lol tommy token. i assure you, cracicot, from what ive read on the forums, you've bought at least twice as many tokens as i have. at least. the real number might be closer to 10-20 times, but i like to play it safe with my statements.
    Ah, I have bought 80 tokens a few times, I can count on my hand. So not many. The fact is, you have bought them too, and as a result you are placed in a higher quality bracket in the cup. same as me. We all complain about meeting higher quality, but now everyone meets higher quality and it is more fair this way.
    Sxrenity likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123