Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: WTH? Am I missing something?

4-1-2-1-2 is completely useless now. Now I use 4-3-1-2 and I've been on a tear ever since. Beat a 4-4-2 team of the same star quality with this formation 2-0. And I'd probably use the same formation against you, too. Or maybe 5-2-3 aggresive long passing.
    El Pistolero likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    Yeah, 4-2-2-2 is the new 3-4-1-2 by the looks of things. All the token buyers seem to be using it.

4-4-2 is too good nowadays. IRL, it's soooo predictable.
    Any fixed formation is predictable in real life, the best teams rotate player positions - that's why 4-2-3-1 became so popular, with the 3 constantly interchanging (Chelsea on a good day have the best 3 in the PL for that formation)

When Barca were at their best, they changed player positions a lot and Pep was constantly looking for variations. When he left a few of my friends said that whoever got the position would have the easiest job in the world - I argued that it isn't as simple as putting out the 11 best players and winning games

Heynckes' tactical masterclass in the semi-final proved that to be the case
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

Season 1: League Champions (no Cup or CL)

Season 2: League Champions, Cup silver medal, CL silver medal

Season 3: League Champions, CL bronze medal

Season 4: League bronze medal, CL winner, Cup winner

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gtmsnba13 View Post
    4-1-2-1-2 is completely useless now. Now I use 4-3-1-2 and I've been on a tear ever since. Beat a 4-4-2 team of the same star quality with this formation 2-0. And I'd probably use the same formation against you, too. Or maybe 5-2-3 aggresive long passing.
    Both butterfly and 4-5-1 V handle the 4-3-1-2 formation you are talking about, either wide or narrow, so I have beaten them both this season handily. I would test this out in a friendly with you should you be on the same server.

But, yes, duly noted and I will take that into consideration. Cheers!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SimplySimon View Post
    You're miles better than him, why not just match up his formation and allow your better players to make the difference?
    Is there anything to the rumour (No, not a conspiracy theory...) that a matchup of same formations tends to give an advantage to the away team?

Yes, I did think about going 4-4-2 to match him up. What do you think about arrows and instructions?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    I'm not sure, tbh. If it was me, I'd go for 4-1-4-1 if I'm weaker and 4-2-2-2 if I'm stronger. I saw a weaker side beat a team 0-3 away today using the 4-2-2-2 against a 4-4-2
    I like 4-1-4-1 but having the DMC seems a waste when he doesnt have an AMC. I would most likely play 4-5-1 flat or V and rule the midfield and hope my scout ST has a day like Lewandowski.

I should just play my strongest formation and let him worry about countering, but this is a CL final and I dont like to take chances when I have the upper hand.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    Is there anything to the rumour (No, not a conspiracy theory...) that a matchup of same formations tends to give an advantage to the away team?

Yes, I did think about going 4-4-2 to match him up. What do you think about arrows and instructions?

4-5-1 V

no arrows,..if u want it more offensive red on DR-DL...nothing else.
    Level 25.

12 LEAGUES ,4 CL, 1 CUP

My suggestion is to use ur 1st formation..3N-2-2-1-2..

Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post

No arrows, attacking, mixed, own half, normal is how I do it
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

Season 1: League Champions (no Cup or CL)

Season 2: League Champions, Cup silver medal, CL silver medal

Season 3: League Champions, CL bronze medal

Season 4: League bronze medal, CL winner, Cup winner

c`mon stop bull**** with tactics when i win 3-4-1-2 every 4-4-2 but only the one who donated this season more then me beat me (or i just dream) !

Last season i spend like 300 tokens and i made a team competitive for 2 season , this season i donated only for ~150 tokens because already had the team 5~7* high quality for all others even so ... two teams beat me with **** 4-4-2 in ch league and league even if i over pass them with 5 quality and on field even more ... explain this **** in tactic ?

Don`t post about tactics because in the end is all bull**** ! Special thanks for developer teams for their great job on this game improve !

oh and by the way ... how that my scout MC make a fault in area and his **** MC with more defense then attack it scores 2 times ?
    how that 4* defenders stop my ST 7*& 6* and my 5* defenders(with SA) are not able to block **** ST 4* ?

the list can continue but why to speak when no mod / administrator explain this ...
    better i do like my friend after spending money in game he quit because of this bull****s and now his abandon team wins the league with out taking care of it ... in one word ? ****
    cracicot likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast