Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Diiference between positioning and arrows

Addicted

Diiference between positioning and arrows

What is difference between player position in the field and arrows? Let's say mc position. When i put him downward the field he probably are going to be more defensive if upward - more offensive. If i give him down arrow - more defensive; up arrow - more offensive. So what's the difference?

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    I don't think position in box works anymore.
    It's been cosmetic many seasons ago.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    I don't think position in box works anymore.
    It's been cosmetic many seasons ago.
    I think player position in the box works, during some friendly matches i move around the players, for example a ST more to the right or more to the left and you can see that the starting position of the player change ( during animations at least ).
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

“Football is born in the brain, not in the body"

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    I think it's only visual.
    For example if you set Wall (tanking) formation, they start from the sides of the field but then playing and marking oppo players.
    Or attacking from all the space.
    But the penalty in calculations-game mechanics still exists.
    So if you put a DMC back or forth in the box, might starting from that position but doesn't affect game calculations.
    But if you put an up or down arrow, this will add something in your defense or attack power (reducing the other side).
    That's my personal believes.
    IImaestroII and khris like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    I think it's only visual.
    For example if you set Wall (tanking) formation, they start from the sides of the field but then playing and marking oppo players.
    Or attacking from all the space.
    But the penalty in calculations-game mechanics still exists.
    So if you put a DMC back or forth in the box, might starting from that position but doesn't affect game calculations.
    But if you put an up or down arrow, this will add something in your defense or attack power (reducing the other side).
    That's my personal believes.
    Y the tanking formation example is perfect

“Football is born in the brain, not in the body"

Rookie
    If one has to believe the numbers that the software comes up with when you save a formation (e.g. 4-4-2, 3-1-2-3-1 etc as auto detected by the program when you save formation) then it would work like this:

for DC, DMC, MC, AMC, ST position has no effect. If you have two or more of them and try placing one much more forward or backward than the other, they are still read as if they were in a row.

for DL/R, ML/R, AML/R, position has some effect, at least in numerical naming of the formation.

Low DL/R are read as in line with DC, High DL/R are read as in line with DMC.
    (Very) low ML/R are read as in line with DMC, "normal" ML/R are read as in line with MC, (very) high ML/R are read as in line with AMC
    Normal or low AML/R are read as in line with AMC, high AML/R are read as in line with ST.

Note that you can obtain legal formations named 2-6-1-1 (using 2DMC, 2high DR/L and 2 low ML/R) or 2-1-6-1 (using 2 AMC,2 very high ML/R and 2 AML/R)

Whether this really means that a very high (right to the limit of the box) MR will play as AMR, or that a very low MR and a very high DR are the same position for the game, or is just a quirk, I leave as a reflection to the reader

Addicted
    So very high mr with red arrow plays like superman? Very high aml/amr plays like mc but not as st.
    So still no connection between positioning and arrows. And what is the biggest problem, that there is still not answers from nordeus in all these years.
    WindKwality likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tomu741 View Post
    So very high mr with red arrow plays like superman? Very high aml/amr plays like mc but not as st.
    So still no connection between positioning and arrows. And what is the biggest problem, that there is still not answers from nordeus in all these years.
    I doubt that they know the answer

Rookie Bobby Setyo Hadi Nugroho's Avatar
    Of the few that I tried, only functioned in the position of DR - DL and MR - ML ...
    More precisely the wing area and more felt starting from the bottom position.

so they answered here
    https://forum.topeleven.com/top-elev...-ready-12.html

Diiference between positioning and arrows-positions.jpg

positioning doesn't matter, it's just DC, DMC, ML ... that the game reads.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast