Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: It seems like Quality, Attendance and Tactics mean Nothing in this Game

Rookie

It seems like Quality, Attendance and Tactics mean Nothing in this Game

So I played a Champions League Game today against an opponent.

My team quality: 102%
    Opponents team quality: 56%

I have 15% attendance bonus for the first half, then the opponent attended with some friends. At the end of the game, I had +5% attendance.

I played 4-5-1 V style defense, through the sides, mixed passing and counter attack. Opponent played 4-2-3-1.

I went down 1-0 at 27' so I changed tactics to short passes and normal. I scored 2, then he scored again to level the field.

End result: 2-2.

If a team half your quality can tie, what is the point of improving your players or doing anything with the game? Is a game decided by throwing a 1D100 dice and seeing the result?
    Bunzo likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    As you play the game for free (with 100-120 free tokens and +1000 green packs per season) it's ok.
    It's not worthy to spend money to improve your team as those results are happening often and can destroy your season (and your mental health ) .
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 05-30-2019 at 09:24 PM.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Dreamer
    yes it's a dice game lately... don't bother understanding this game because it's nothing to understand... unreal results and troll draws are too common.. and please, don't spend real money into this game. please!
    Seeker85 likes this.

Rookie
    Thanks. Yeah, I have noticed. It has taken away a lot from the challenge. It feels like it doesn't matter anymore what you do and with so many games, you don't even bother praying for a result. I was going to invest real funds in the game but when I kept getting troll results, I figured that it wasn't worth the investment. Money buys you a better squad but if a better squad still leads to unrealistic results, what is the point. You lose the immersion and the fun of playing. Initially, I would watch the close games and try to change my tactics accordingly, but when I would crush a team 5% weaker 6-0 and then tie a team 40% weaker, it just became laughable because my decisions have little to no impact.

I used to have 2 teams on here and just gave up on the second team when troll results kept happening. I beat one team twice in the champions league group phase only to lose in the final, where they scored a goal at the 89th minute and then they won on penalties. My team was 115% vs. 89%. We played the exact same tactics as the other two games, where I won 6-2 and 5-0. Football shouldn't be predictable but some results are just plainly unrealistic.

That a team like Bayern would lose once or twice, in a couple of years against a 3 division team, ok, but every season there would be a blooper like that... come on!

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucian1986 View Post
    Thanks. Yeah, I have noticed. It has taken away a lot from the challenge. It feels like it doesn't matter anymore what you do and with so many games, you don't even bother praying for a result. I was going to invest real funds in the game but when I kept getting troll results, I figured that it wasn't worth the investment. Money buys you a better squad but if a better squad still leads to unrealistic results, what is the point. You lose the immersion and the fun of playing. Initially, I would watch the close games and try to change my tactics accordingly, but when I would crush a team 5% weaker 6-0 and then tie a team 40% weaker, it just became laughable because my decisions have little to no impact.

I used to have 2 teams on here and just gave up on the second team when troll results kept happening. I beat one team twice in the champions league group phase only to lose in the final, where they scored a goal at the 89th minute and then they won on penalties. My team was 115% vs. 89%. We played the exact same tactics as the other two games, where I won 6-2 and 5-0. Football shouldn't be predictable but some results are just plainly unrealistic.

That a team like Bayern would lose once or twice, in a couple of years against a 3 division team, ok, but every season there would be a blooper like that... come on!
    there is a conspiracy behind it all, just we haven't worked out what it is yet

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Richie72 View Post
    there is a conspiracy behind it all, just we haven't worked out what it is yet
    Right? It seems more and more like active participation leads to poorer results. How many times have we lost or drawn to significantly inferior teams whose manager does not attend or apparently train their team? When the new Team Play Bonus came out, I made sure to max all the bonuses for each game (each player at 10, each of the 4 skills at 10 as well) plus morale and conditioning and would lose or draw to lesser teams that I could tell did not do these things.

Considering that TE makes most of their money by having us watch ads (I don't think many people actually spend real money), you would think their business model would encourage active participants spending lots of time in the game, watching ads, developing their teams. In-game results should reward active managers who attend their games, make tactical changes and substitutions, and adjust to the game flow - you know, MANAGE. But they seem to penalize managers that do that. I'm tired of trying, and losing to people who don't try. I was hoping this season would be different.
    TropikThunder

Seasons: 16
    Level: 16
    League Titles: 8 / Runner-up 2
    Champions League Titles: 4 / Runner-up 3
    Cup Winners: 4 / Runner-up 2
    Trebles: 1

Play with honor, win or lose. #NeverTanker

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by TropikThunder View Post
    Considering that TE makes most of their money by having us watch ads (I don't think many people actually spend real money), you would think their business model would encourage active participants spending lots of time in the game, watching ads, developing their teams. In-game results should reward active managers who attend their games, make tactical changes and substitutions, and adjust to the game flow - you know, MANAGE. But they seem to penalize managers that do that. I'm tired of trying, and losing to people who don't try. I was hoping this season would be different.
    I couldn't agree with you more. I had 2 friends who were active the first two months but when they realized it didn't matter they stopped (at one point, one of them had 500 green packs. One friend lost in the final to a team that was 25% below them and they called it quits. The other friend had a string of defeats against 4 teams that were weaker by a factor of 20-30% and weren't even being managed.
    khris likes this.

I agree with all what is said here. This season I see it getting worse. My season hasn't started to well. I have played two weaker teams in the league both less by about 5% and I lost one(was present in this match other manager wasn't) and played a draw in the other match. Why is it that you are able to beat better teams and cannot beat a team lower than you. Putting effort almost seems worthless.

Addicted
    If you would read a posts from 2013, there still are a lot of threads about troll results. So nothing changed much about this, just maybe frequency is bigger.
    maloukees likes this.

Famous
    Most important is the chemistry between the team players

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast