Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: It seems like Quality, Attendance and Tactics mean Nothing in this Game

I’ve played for a couple of years and I have yet to lose or tie any teams where I had that stark of a difference of percentage. I have no idea why it happens to all of you but I pay attention every day and I have always gotten back what I put in. I’m not saying any of you don’t, it’s just that I do.
    gogs67 likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berlitz View Post
    Also, going back, I noticed that 2/4 of my posts on this thread were censored. I guess we are getting too close to the truth.
    lol
    no, it's just an auto-filter that doesn't approve some posts usually from the new forum members.
    I think it's ok now.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Rookie
    For my previous posts, they never got posted.

Anyways, just got trolled again, this time against a team only 20% weaker!! I usually play defensive 4-5-1V, all bonuses maxed out, counter attack and research my opponent's formation.

End result: I missed 1 penalty and got scored 3 times on counter attack. What is the point of setting your team to defensive only to be countered? Isn't the whole point of counter attack and defensive mentality to catch the opponent on counters if they have an attacking mentality, not get caught yourself on regular counters. Assistant stated: "disappointed to only tie as we were the stronger side on paper". Every time I am the stronger side on paper by a sizable margin, yet quality, tactics, training, nothing seems to matter. Why bother with a match engine? Might as well just roll a die when it is time to play and give me the result.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Berlitz View Post
    For my previous posts, they never got posted.

Anyways, just got trolled again, this time against a team only 20% weaker!! I usually play defensive 4-5-1V, all bonuses maxed out, counter attack and research my opponent's formation.

End result: I missed 1 penalty and got scored 3 times on counter attack. What is the point of setting your team to defensive only to be countered? Isn't the whole point of counter attack and defensive mentality to catch the opponent on counters if they have an attacking mentality, not get caught yourself on regular counters. Assistant stated: "disappointed to only tie as we were the stronger side on paper". Every time I am the stronger side on paper by a sizable margin, yet quality, tactics, training, nothing seems to matter. Why bother with a match engine? Might as well just roll a die when it is time to play and give me the result.
    I would try attacking or normal mentally with weaker team.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandef View Post
    I would try attacking or normal mentally with weaker team.
    That shouldn't affect getting countered. Typically, if you play defensive, the opponent should be scoring, if any, on sporadic shots from the AMC. If you are playing defensive and you get countered, that is just the game engine cheating you out of a win.

Also, I use 4-5-1 V style too, normal formation, and these kind of trolls happen to me as well. You dominate the game and then, suddenly, you see that wild speed up in movement and the opponent passes the ball around your team like their ghosts.

I am going to take a wild guess and presume (i) the opponent's shot efficiency was high (60+%) (ii) your goalkeeper performed very poorly (below 6) and (iii) one defender was poorly rated but the others performed well.

It is unfortunate Top Eleven has been trying to make the game more arbitrary.
    Level 20

18 x League Champion
    15 x Champions League Winner (4 x Runner Up)
    17 x Cup Winner (2 x Runner Up)
    13 x Super Cup Winner (1 x Runner Up)

929 Wins/ 55 Draws / 40 Losses
    4367 Goals Scored / 509 Goals Conceded/ 267 Games Longest Unbeaten Streak

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mook6363 View Post
    I’ve played for a couple of years and I have yet to lose or tie any teams where I had that stark of a difference of percentage. I have no idea why it happens to all of you but I pay attention every day and I have always gotten back what I put in. I’m not saying any of you don’t, it’s just that I do.
    I would be curious to know why you are exempt from this. From the win rates of others, including myself, I am sure you can agree that we know what we are doing. I will say that I have never won against an opponent 15% stronger than me in association games but I have lost to teams 25% weaker than mine otherwise. However, I will also say that I have crushed opponents who were within 10% of my quality with no particular reason for such a harsh defeat. It seemed like everything I tried just worked (in the Champions League and Cup, this would occur on both games).
    Level 20

18 x League Champion

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucian1986 View Post
    That shouldn't affect getting countered. Typically, if you play defensive, the opponent should be scoring, if any, on sporadic shots from the AMC. If you are playing defensive and you get countered, that is just the game engine cheating you out of a win.

Also, I use 4-5-1 V style too, normal formation, and these kind of trolls happen to me as well. You dominate the game and then, suddenly, you see that wild speed up in movement and the opponent passes the ball around your team like their ghosts.

I am going to take a wild guess and presume (i) the opponent's shot efficiency was high (60+%) (ii) your goalkeeper performed very poorly (below 6) and (iii) one defender was poorly rated but the others performed well.

It is unfortunate Top Eleven has been trying to make the game more arbitrary.
    Yes, I agree that an attacking mentally should get more counters but I observed the opposition. When I used attacking, the weak opponents had far less counter or attack animations. I also used 4-5-1V or 4-1-2-2-2 with AMRL at the same level with ST.
    I also saw 4* god like opponent player easily dribbles through my 7* defenders and keeper.

Rookie
    Completely disgusted by today's games.

I played two games today and in both games I got "We were much stronger on paper; so to lose is very disappointing". I note that I have not lost all season but today's games (1st against a 103% and the second, against a 110%, whereas I am 122%). I dominated both games, had twice as many shots on goal as my opponents yet, strangely, they scored 3 goals and 2 goals respectively with a 67% accuracy rate. My GK turned was incapable of catching anything and my defense seemed unable to stop anything. I will note that, over the course of this season, I have conceded 15 goals, which means I conceded 33% of the goals this season today.

Talk about absolute Top Eleven trolling at its finest! I am really tired of Top Eleven sucking the fun out of the game like this.
    Grandef likes this.
    Level 20

18 x League Champion

Rookie

All u can do does to be better does not matter in this game

I made my best in this game to improve my players, be on top of moral, bonifications every match, but start to think this game does not made comprobations
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

Rookie
    I made my best in this game to improve my players, be on top of moral, condition and bonus every match, but start to think it makes no difference in this game. I made comprobations and I find its true, you win, draw or loose when the game wants

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast