Page 224 of 227 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 2263
Like Tree1342Likes

Thread: Season 40

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    How many stars was my CL opponent missing from his team compared to my team? something like 20?... and they still turned me over.
    But nothing beats my loss against TanerGS - what a joke! .... I still can't believe how the managed to score 2 goals in 2 minutes and the 3rd, 7 minutes later...
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Quote Originally Posted by Ljepoje View Post
    But nothing beats my loss against TanerGS - what a joke! .... I still can't believe how the managed to score 2 goals in 2 minutes and the 3rd, 7 minutes later...
    Yeah thats worse... In the old cup format, you would get 1* that beats 9*, but that is very rare... The higher level manager needs to be totally inactive for anything like that to even happen.
    Ljepoje and Raykco like this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

How They Finished...

All the final days games have been played in our league now and this is how it finished in our L18 league, confirmation of July Fourth winning the league by 19 points and remaining unbeaten. The biggest shock was... Takis failing to qualify for next seasons Champions League.

Looks like you'll be seeing ersta Puma again... They just scraped promotion
    July Fourth and Raykco like this.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

SEASON'S REPORT:

New Team completed the LV 5 season with probably one of the most rated performances of its history. The only blank point was the early elimination from the rumble cup which was anyways to blame on the Coach and mostly on his Vacation period. As for CL and League, New Team finished the turfs undefeated, signing a perfect roll in the League and almost doing so in CL where this time there were plenty of nasty opponents past the group stage.

STATISTICS

League:

Matches: 26, W26, D 0, L 0, Tot.Points 78;
    Goals For: 141, Goals Against: 4, Difference: +137

Champion's League:

Matches: 13, W 12, D 1, L 0;
    Goals For: 61, Goals Against: 1, Difference: +60

Royal Rumble Cup:

Matches: 4, W3, D 0, L 1;
    Goals For: 11, Goals Against: 9, Difference: +2

TOTAL:
    Matches: 43, W41, D 1, L 1;
    Goals For: 213, Goals Against: 13, Difference: +200

PLAYERS' STATISTICS, TOP 5:

Most Appereances:

1) Karl Heinze Schneider, ST, 42
    2) Jasper Romer, MC, 38
    3) Tom Becker, AMC - Oliver Hutton, ST, 37
    5) Bob Denver, DC, 36

Top Scorers:
    1) Oliver Hutton, ST, 40 Goals.
    2) Karl Heinze Schneider, ST, 37 Goals
    3) Tom Becker, AMC, 36 Goals
    4) Jasper Romer, MC, 31 Goals
    5) Mark Lenders, ST, 16 Goals.

Top Assisters:

1) Karl Heinze Schneider, 23 Assists
    2) Oliver Hutton, ST, 19 Assists
    3) Julian Ross, DMC, 15 Assists
    4) Jasper Romer, MC, 11 Assists
    5) Mark Lenders, ST, 9 Assists

Season's MVP:

This was an extremely hard choiche, as all the top 3 scorers and assisters were eligibile on this season's MVP. After much consideration, though, one man stood above the others on this turf:

The Kaiser stands above the others, like books say. Not only he played ALL the season's matches, but his assists let Hutton score like a crazy monkey in the first half of the season, and when Hutton had to rest to recharge batteries, he kept playing and serving assists, even going to score an amazing amount of goals which almost parred New Team's Captain's record. After the first half of the League, he had scored only 9. WHat an amazing all around and all-season player!
    Last edited by Morgan O'Bree; 06-01-2013 at 09:38 PM.
    Ljepoje likes this.

Apprentice
    is this the 40th season, because i thought i read someone say theyd seen like 52 levels?
    CoolioFC - Lvl 13, season 13.
    Squad ave: 75.5
    League Championships: 5 (1,3,6,7,8)
    Champions League:
    Cup: 1

Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    Looks like you'll be seeing ersta Puma again... They just scraped promotion
    Funny thing was he put an illegal formation and weaker team out for the last game to avoid promotion and he still won his game and went up lol... erster will be crap next season.

Quote Originally Posted by fall View Post
    is this the 40th season, because i thought i read someone say theyd seen like 52 levels?
    Yeah, S40 coming to an end tonight and we move on to S41 tomorrow.
    fall likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ljepoje View Post
    Yeah, as @Morgan O'Bree mentioned, definitely one of the best games due the entire season (even if it was a friendly)... I was surprised that your "3N-2W-2N-1-2" didn't work against the 3W-1-2N-2W-2 as I tought the first quarter... I remember using it playing against "Iztik Yan's" 4-2N2W-2 formation (beat him with 2 - 5)... Then you fooled me twice with the AMC-DMC's swaps But I believe that if you decided to stick with 1 or 2 formations (instead of changing all the time) you could get that equalizer or perhaps won since mostly of the games in % are decided the last quarter.

But this was fun, for once I had to use my "brain" and plan my move before making any subs or swaps around the pitch...
    I thought it would fail as my DMR is the last bought player of the season and all matches he played were 5 and 6. Can't do much untill next one, cause late acquired players tend to play bad sadly. As matter of facts i set my 7* DL out to let play my 6* so i could switch back to ND immediatly, and that's when i equalized.

Yes i could have stuck to both ND and 3-1-4-2 as they were the setups which turned the pressure on you, but that wouldn't have been fun like changing >9000 times and watch you go nuts was
    July Fourth and Ljepoje like this.

Yeah thats worse... In the old cup format, you would get 1* that beats 9*, but that is very rare... The higher level manager needs to be totally inactive for anything like that to even happen.
    Yeah, but there is nothing I can do about it/that, and as you said - forget and move on.... Perhaps we will have much better luck next season.. After all, we beat Dynamo SWAG in the CUP - who could have predicted such a thing? I didn't to be honest. ... I believe this CUP trophy and the CL trophy we won last season - are the trophies I'm most proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan O'Bree View Post
    I thought it would fail as my DMR is the last bought player of the season and all matches he played were 5 and 6. Can't do much untill next one, cause late acquired players tend to play bad sadly. As matter of facts i set my 7* DL out to let play my 6* so i could switch back to ND immediatly, and that's when i equalized.

Yes i could have stuck to both ND and 3-1-4-2 as they were the setups which turned the pressure on you, but that wouldn't have been fun like changing >9000 times and watch you go nuts was
    Haha, yeah... I was like "WTF", it was like playing "sink the boat"... Move a player from one position to a another ... But it was fun, much tense then I expected. Perhaps since both were eager to win .... Anyway, you fought well. Hopefully we could play a game later on, would be nice

Anyway, I was surprised that Lorik Cana (MoM) managed to score and assist at the same time. This was perhaps his best performance ever. Btw, my DL/DMR (KolaĊĦinac) gets 5 or 6 (just once he got a 7) in every game, but despite that he plays like hell and are often mentioned in the commentary. That's why I don't tend to relay on the stats for 100%.

Logging off for a hour or two, need to eat and rest until the new season is created ... See ya all!
    July Fourth likes this.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Perfect Tactics end of season review
    The good
    • A league win and a Champions League win, both with a 100% record is the highlight of our season.
    • We also break our previous record of 148 goals scored and manage to net 170.
    • Our youth players seem to be performing well and we will continue to buy young players and PT them.

The bad
    • We lose in the cup before the last 16.. again

League:P26 W26 D0 L0 F170 A3 GD+167
    We regain a 100% record in the league after having gone through 2 seasons of 25-1-0 and being unlucky. But this league was always going to be ours, the league opponents were mostly inactive and by the time some of them realised that we were in the league, they also gave up. This is our best season in terms of goals scored and it will take a long time before we get to this position again. We swept away every side and it is the highest ratio in terms of games going into double figures.

Champions League:P13 W13 D0 L0 F54 A8 GD+46
    Again, we get a 100% in the Champions League after our shock exit last season. It was a tough route for us and the final went to extra time with match winner Pistov getting the spotlight instead of Petersen this season. He did have a part to play setting up the first goal and he is our top scorer in the Champions League. Our aim now, is to retain the Champions League next season.

Cup:P6 W5 D0 L1 F21 A6 GD+15
    We had a great start in the cup, knocking out two level 9 teams, however our opponents from Norway were too much to handle, we had a slightly better team but we got our tactics wrong and we get knocked out after being in a great position to qualify, after conceding 2 goals in the last 20 minutes, we had no chance of a comeback. We haven't won the cup since level 1.

Top scorers
    • 63 - Petersen
    • 42 - Nascimento
    • 40 - Pistov
    • 13 - Silly
    • 12 - Vittalone

Top Assisters
    • 60 - Petersen
    • 22 - Nascimento
    • 21 - Pistov
    • 8 - Suarez
    • 4 - Mata

Player reviews - Here are some player reviews for some of our players. Only the significant players are here.
    On The Up
    • Chano Petersen - Greatly improved from last season and a club legend. Nothing else to say.
    • Antonio Nascimento - Broke into the first team 2 seasons ago and is now one of our best players.
    • Iam Pistov - His first season at Perfect Tactics and has fit into the Suarez role very well. Scored the winning goal in our CL victory.
    • Lee Vittalone - Much improved from last season, a solid defender this season and a defender who loves to get up and score goals.
    • Xander Van der Zande - Also improved from last season, a versatile defender who does his job well.
    • Gaylord Silly - Our first youngster this season and he has been a great player for us, at one point scored 7 games in a row, he slowed down a bit but he scores when he wants, especially in the big games.

Going down
    • Luis Suarez - Played whenever we used a 2 striker formation but failed to really make an impact and was bench fodder for half the season.
    • Juan Mata - Mainly used as a substitute, scoring 80% of his goals as a sub but hasn't done enough to get into the starting 11 with Nascimento present.
    • Csaba Bogdany - Disappointing as he couldn't get a foothold into the first team, scored a hat trick in what could be his last game at the club.
    • Luke Warmwater - Again disappointing, but it was a player who played all our matches this season. Didn't really shine like last season, his role as DC/DR/DMR not impressing the manager and he does tend to give the ball away a bit. He will stay next season but this season was not his best.
    • Chuck Norris - Not really done enough to keep him in the side next season, he failed to make a big impression, scoring a handfull of goals but hasn't made the first 11.
    • Eric Blomqvist - Mainly used as a 2nd team player to rotate with Poncet, scored a handful but didn't really make a huge impact.
    • Diego Poncet - Disappointing start to the season, only started scoring late on. We might be handing him the free kick role next season to improve on his shooting.
    • Ivor Hardy - Injury prone player who just wasted our red packs and filled in the spot as DMC. He may stay next season but his performances this season were below par.

Season awards
    Player of the season - Chano Petersen - Was there any doubt that it would be him? For a 6th season in a row, Chano Petersen gets the player of the season awards. He scored 63 goals in all competitions and 60 assists to go along with it and is responsible for about 60% of our goals. He is so important to our team and we hope we can keep him for many more seasons.

Young player of the season (U21) - Antonio Nascimento - A well deserved award for one of our best players. He almost was on the same goals as Petersen at one point and has been the focal point of many goals this season, a one-on-one scorer playing as AML/ST is indeed deadly and his goals/assist tally proves that it was tokens well invested.

Defender of the season - Lee Vittalone
    Goalkeeper of the season - Luigi De Mafia
    Midfielder of the season - Chano Petersen
    Striker of the season - Iam Pistov
    Last edited by dv8r; 06-01-2013 at 10:03 PM.
    Ljepoje and Morgan O'Bree like this.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<