Page 26 of 227 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast
Like Tree1342Likes

Thread: Season 40

BREAKING NEWS: July Fourth confirm 2nd signing of new season

We have been working hard to increase squad depth and quality of our playing squad and we are delighted to announce the signing of:

Petersen

No... Not that Petersen!!! But anyways this is quite a bargain I feel for $88.3M and 2T, Yes he is 26 years old, but he is 5*109 and only needs 3 points for 6* and he is MR/AMR and that means we are likely to get 2 seasons out of him before he will be sold.

Petersen joining us means the end of Rocky's career at July Fourth which lasted 4 seasons and also got a game in the cup this season when short of numbers in the squad. Rocky was highly influential in our knockout tournaments in the 4 seasons he was involved but the advancing quality of other players around him and us moving up 4 levels since buying him, he was now lacking the quality needed by July Fourth, It's not his fault and he is still a good player and he will do good at his new club.

David Rocastle career in numbers:

S14/L14 P50 G12 A3 M0
    S15/L15 P23 G10 A0 M1
    S16/L16 P35 G8 A1 M1
    S17/L17 P15 G1 A0 M0
    S18/L18 P1 G0 A0 M0

Total P126 G31 A4 M2
    Ljepoje and dv8r like this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    BREAKING NEWS: July Fourth confirm 2nd signing of new season

Petersen
    @Dv8r´s Petersen from Perfect Tactics just got some competition ....
    July Fourth likes this.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Quote Originally Posted by Ljepoje View Post
    @Dv8r´s Petersen from Perfect Tactics just got some competition ....
    Not really not when O'Sullivan will be playing most of the games on the right side of midfield for us.

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Royal Rumble CUP - First Round, First Leg

red star 5-1 July Fourth

July Fourth KILLED

red star 112.8 4-3N-1-2 - July Fourth 109.8 3N-1-3W-1-2

The Royal Rumble Cup indeed lives up to its name and we were immediately cast over the ropes here against a good red star side that had good character and being at home with a manager who was present for the game. July Fourth got off to a great start in the game with Mensah providing Michu to get an early finish. We held the lead for 20 minutes and we conceded 2 goals just before half time, through Ikhadallene and Herpe. Although still in the tie and the lack of squad depth available to us for any changes in tactics or to throw a defender on instead of playing 2 ST. We just couldn't do it and the tie was killed in the second half, Maccaroni made it 3-1 just after half time and Ikhadallene braced moments after, July Fourth were out of it, Seaman was making errors and our defence wasn't there and our new signing Jurc was living up to his name... LOL... playing like a Jerk. Mensah was the only player in our team that actually was doing any defending. Nordberg recieved a pass from Ikhadallene and tapped it in for 5-1 to add to July Fourth's misery in the Royal Rumble Cup.

In the second leg at home, we will only have pride to play for other than anything else and last season we played a total of 83 friendlies after being eliminated from the cup early, looks like more of the same here this season.

Goals: Michu (15) Ikhadallene (35,56) Herpe (42) Maccaroni (49) Goldberg (86) MOTM: Ikhadallene.

I'm disappointed to see what happened here... But I'm not angry this time, at least our opponents went with the squad they currently had rather than investing in 500T to buy scouts like our opponents from last season did.
    I'm in level 4, and I'm Win Treble in last season.... however I do not want to spend a lot this season, I want to lower the average level of the team and then invest strong at level 5 and try making a treble

I think that, given the current setting of the cup, it is impossible to win cup every season. But you can win cup every two seasons

do you think this is a good idea to have a chance to win the cup?

my team: http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...lian-team.html I think it's similar to yours, with players at 7 and 8 stars, so if the strategy is good for me, it is good for you

Quote Originally Posted by ppturano View Post
    I'm in level 4, and I'm Win Treble in last season.... however I do not want to spend a lot this season, I want to lower the average level of the team and then invest strong at level 5 and try making a treble

I think that, given the current setting of the cup, it is impossible to win cup every season. But you can win cup every two seasons

do you think this is a good idea to have a chance to win the cup?

my team: http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...lian-team.html I think it's similar to yours, with players at 7 and 8 stars, so if the strategy is good for me, it is good for you
    I'm not investing in my team as much as I do in future seasons. If I don't invest then I will comeback to the pack quality wise and getting the treble will still be difficult one season with not aving much quality one season to lower my quality enough to sacrifice a chance of winning the league/champs league for to win a cup in the future. I'm in no hurry to win a cup.

I didn't get promoted so I'm still at level 4. Got a couple of solid U18 players, but I only have 8 coins left and in need of a MR. Of coarse being a new season, it seems like that position will have to wait unfortinately. I think this season I'll go for a double looking at my squad so far.
    Season 40-top-eleven-squad-5-5.jpg

I'm planning on selling Wright because I completely botched his development by training him in a position; and in result, his performance suffered. As well as maybe another of my midfielders. If only in this game they allowed you to trade players to other teams + coins or cash. Oh well.

Surprisingly my 4-3-1-2 formation has been working well for me. Though I doubt I'll be able to use it more often than I like if I progress farther in the cup; which seems likely. Anything else I should do?

Rookie
    Won 2-1 in the cup but 3 players injured.. We don't have any remaining MC position, all of them are injured.

What Level are you playing at now?
    First level, just starting today.
    What are your ambitions?
    Just hoping to get in the TOP 3 in the league this season.
    How many Tokens you got?
    How much Money you got?
    Who you buying/selling?
    -none-
    July Fourth and kullehh like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonek View Post
    What Level are you playing at now?
    First level, just starting today.
    What are your ambitions?
    Just hoping to get in the TOP 3 in the league this season.
    How many Tokens you got?
    How much Money you got?
    Who you buying/selling?
    -none-
    Welcome to the Game and the Forum! lets hope your here to stay and I recommend you read some of the guides in here so you don't fall into the newbie traps in this game.
    Lemonek likes this.

Well this was unexpected! The last season´s CUP winner got beaten in the prel. round (1th leg) by this guy.... He seemed to have used the same formation as I do against D.SWAG´s 4-4-2 W-diamond... Both managers was present and D.SWAG had 2 supporters, incl myself

PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________