Page 143 of 227 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 2263
Like Tree1342Likes

Thread: Season 40

CL 1/16 round, 1st leg - TrWaRriOrr 1-4 Perfect Tactics

TrWaRriOrr: 42.6, 3W-5-2
    Perfect Tactics: 57.4, 3-2-2-2-1 butterfly (70' 4-2-2-2 hexagon)

He scores when he wants! Gaylord Silly he scores when he wants! What a player he is. He goes on a scoring streak then a scoring drought and now it looks like he's back on form with 3 goals in 2 games. We won this match but our opponents did give us a bit of a scare! We worked the ball nicely and forced an early corner which Silly took full advantage of and headed home for 0-1. We continued to press and our opponents were giving away free kicks. On the 25th minute, we got our 2nd free kick of the game and Petersen made it 0-2 with a wonderful strike. We looked comfortable and we cruised to 2 goal lead at half time. However things drastically changed in the 2nd half as it was our opponents who were pressing. Nafae forcing a corner from Silly and Gerrard headed in for 1-2. TrWaRriOr were fighting for the equaliser and a free kick given away by Pistov gave them a chance to score. Nafae's shot was superbly saved by the goalkeeper De Mafia and the corner coming to nothing. Somehow our opponents are dominating the play and we could not allow our lead to slip yet again. We took off Hardy and brought on Mata, with Nascimento moving to the 2nd striker spot as we were aiming for a bigger lead. It paid off as we scored 2 goals in 5 minutes, Petersen from a free kick and then Silly scored after collecting Pistov's pass and his long range drive finding the back of the net for 1-4 and the tie looks to be wrapped up now.

Goals: Silly (9', 84'), Petersen (25', 79'), Gerrard (61')
    MOTM: Silly

So, I would probably not recommend the butterfly vs 3W-5-2 v.. But probably the hexagon. No idea how that works but it does lol!
    shwanko07, Raykco and Ljepoje like this.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Quote Originally Posted by Ljepoje View Post
    I was thinking to use following formation & line-up against Orchard Utd tomorrow, what do you guys think? I could fight "fire-with-fire" and use the 4-2N-2W-2 as well, but don't know if it's to "risky"? Could start with the 3N-2W-2N-2W-1 in the 1th half, and then switch to 4-2N-2W-2 if we concede a goal or two in the 2nd half.

Play a flat 4 midfield against the Hexagon I feel works best and don't use the butterfly, Just something like 4-4-2 classic will do.
    Raykco and Ljepoje like this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    CL 1/16 round, 1st leg - TrWaRriOrr 1-4 Perfect Tactics

TrWaRriOrr: 42.6, 3W-5-2
    Perfect Tactics: 57.4, 3-2-2-2-1 butterfly (70' 4-2-2-2 hexagon)

He scores when he wants! Gaylord Silly he scores when he wants! What a player he is. He goes on a scoring streak then a scoring drought and now it looks like he's back on form with 3 goals in 2 games. We won this match but our opponents did give us a bit of a scare! We worked the ball nicely and forced an early corner which Silly took full advantage of and headed home for 0-1. We continued to press and our opponents were giving away free kicks. On the 25th minute, we got our 2nd free kick of the game and Petersen made it 0-2 with a wonderful strike. We looked comfortable and we cruised to 2 goal lead at half time. However things drastically changed in the 2nd half as it was our opponents who were pressing. Nafae forcing a corner from Silly and Gerrard headed in for 1-2. TrWaRriOr were fighting for the equaliser and a free kick given away by Pistov gave them a chance to score. Nafae's shot was superbly saved by the goalkeeper De Mafia and the corner coming to nothing. Somehow our opponents are dominating the play and we could not allow our lead to slip yet again. We took off Hardy and brought on Mata, with Nascimento moving to the 2nd striker spot as we were aiming for a bigger lead. It paid off as we scored 2 goals in 5 minutes, Petersen from a free kick and then Silly scored after collecting Pistov's pass and his long range drive finding the back of the net for 1-4 and the tie looks to be wrapped up now.

Goals: Silly (9', 84'), Petersen (25', 79'), Gerrard (61')
    MOTM: Silly

So, I would probably not recommend the butterfly vs 3W-5-2 v.. But probably the hexagon. No idea how that works but it does lol!
    Yeah... too much quality between the 2 teams plus the experience learned from last seasons shock exit = easy Perfect Tactics win.
    Raykco and shwanko07 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Yeah... too much quality between the 2 teams plus the experience learned from last seasons shock exit = easy Perfect Tactics win.
    Now we play Emre FC tomorrow. Look at their run in the league. Their only loss was against us so it's important to avoid defeat tomorrow. Up against an asymmetric formation, won't be easy.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Play a flat 4 midfield against the Hexagon I feel works best and don't use the butterfly, Just something like 4-4-2 classic will do.
    Ah, I don't have any ML+MR, that's why I always play a butterfly formation. I will start with the 3N-2W-2N-2W-1 in the 1th half, and then switch to 4-2N-2W-2 if we concede a goal or two in the 2nd half... It worked "fine" in our last meeting last season and then lately against Fenerbahçe ... Let's see how it goes tomorrow, I feel that we could pull it off (played twice already, so I don't have any fear).
    July Fourth likes this.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Quote Originally Posted by Ljepoje View Post
    Ah, I don't have any ML+MR, that's why I always play a butterfly formation. I will start with the 3N-2W-2N-2W-1 in the 1th half, and then switch to 4-2N-2W-2 if we concede a goal or two in the 2nd half... It worked "fine" in our last meeting last season and then lately against Fenerbahçe ... Let's see how it goes tomorrow, I feel that we could pull it off (played twice already, so I don't have any fear).
    It's funny how managers here have their "own style" for their own squad structure, total number of players, number of strikers/midfielders/defenders etc and also which positions they deem rather useless. Some here will choose not.AML/AMR or AMC and I tend not to have DML/DMR and they will be some that wont have DMC. It will depend on what formations they tend to perfer to play. Before I got Miku, I never tend to have an AMC but having that 1 player that can play as AMC opened up the total number of formations I could play by 50%, It was basically meaning I can play 12 formations instead of 8. I have no intentions of having DML/DMR because of the 2 defenders = illegal formation rule. So any real attacking formations involving DML/DMR are ruled out.
    Ljepoje likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    I'll try a butterfly first, see how that turns out.
    Ahhh, if you get any problems, throw on another striker and you should destroy his 1 CB.
    Not that I need to tell you haha

It's funny how managers here have their "own style" for their own squad structure, total number of players, number of strikers/midfielders/defenders etc and also which positions they deem rather useless. Some here will choose not.AML/AMR or AMC and I tend not to have DML/DMR and they will be some that wont have DMC. It will depend on what formations they tend to perfer to play. Before I got Miku, I never tend to have an AMC but having that 1 player that can play as AMC opened up the total number of formations I could play by 50%, It was basically meaning I can play 12 formations instead of 8. I have no intentions of having DML/DMR because of the 2 defenders = illegal formation rule. So any real attacking formations involving DML/DMR are ruled out.
    Haha, yeah! Actually, the reason I started to play butterfly formation was the fact that I had the luck to have 3x AML/AMC/AMR on the scoutlist, then DL/DM + DR/DMR. After that, it just it feel into place. I can't imagine playing 4-4-2 or 4-1-4-1 like I did before, to boring and "flat".

At first I was sceptical about the 3N-2W-2N-2W-1 formation (playing with thw DML+DMR), but then I realized it wasn't that bad. You have 3xDC, then additional "DL + DR" for support and defending the flanks. But at the same time, as DML + DMR they are supporting you're midfield (MC) + the two AML+AMR. This mean that you have 6x players in the midfield and a lot of possesion. So going from a 5-4-1 when defending to a 3-6-1 when attacking. Then again, my AML+AMR are more like two additional strikers than "wingers" since they tend to score and assist like hell
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Unbelieavble !
    WTF just happened?

I lost today in my stadium, in a weird shocking manner, 1-5 with a total dominance for the opponent .. 24 shots , and my players only had 10 shots ..

this is the first time it happens to me in all my 9 seasons of the game .
    there's something wrong ..
    the opponent is slightely stronger than me ..
    I didn't lose like that even against token buyers with 8 stars players ..

am pissed off righ now, am shocked ..
    in a moment I thought of deleting the game ..

I know it's just a game but am really angry right now ..
    Last edited by jihado86; 05-20-2013 at 08:34 AM.

Looks like is troll day for everyone.

I dodged the hugest bullet of my season winning 2-1 HOME against a team i trashed in terms of occasions and quality (49 vs 28).

And YET, he shooted ONCE in all the match and scored! We took it back 2-1, but man, every single shoot was wide, every single defender on 3* was as a 9* and so on. I took a goal in first day too against him yet dominating, which is the only goal against of all season. COincidence? I guess troll has started, not much to do now.