Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 2263
Like Tree1342Likes

Thread: Season 40

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL

July Fourth 1-1 LIVERPOON FT
    LIVERPOON FT win 7-6 on penalties.

July Fourth 113.1 - LIVERPOON FT 109.5

Full Article Here: http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...l-xv-live.html

July Fourth went head to head against the 2nd highest quality team in the whole of the competition and came up short right at the end... After a bright start from LIVERPOON putting July Fourth under pressure in the first 20 minutes, It was July Fourth that took the lead when Papaleo played it to Michu to put us infront, but we were barely hanging on most of the game as the LIVERPOON pressure kept the lead down to 1-0 and we defended it out to HT, we started the second half well and looked to try and extend our lead with Norris and Mensah getting a shot on target each, but a tactical change from LIVERPOON resulted in a equaliser when DROGBA found Carrero unmarked in the area to equalise... from then we were second best and hanging on in the game, We brought on Miku and the NGE Trolls struck Miku immediately in a challenge and Mensah's free-kick was saved by the keeper, We held on for extra time, Basically extra time was dominated by LIVERPOON and Bell,DROGBA,Carrero and Erdogan kept getting shots on target while we had a Zidane effort blocked, but neither side were able to win it, so it went to penalties and every penalty was scored until 6-6 until Tony Adams was the first player to buckle underpressure and hit it straight at the keeper and Bell's penalty afterwards sealed the win for LIVERPOON. Maybe the writing was on the wall when Miku was injured immediately when coming onto the field and we never really got into this final when it really matter.

I'm disappointed of course but LIVERPOON deserved to win so we can't really complain. Our Champions League winning streak ends here at 5.

Goals: Michu (22) Carrero (57) MOTM: Carrero

We will want to make sure we can finish our league with a home win against dersim fc and remain unbeaten and give Alex Zidane his perfect send off for his time with July Fourth, Ludek Novotny deserves a honourable mention.
    Last edited by July Fourth; 05-31-2013 at 08:33 PM.
    Ljepoje, dv8r and shwanko07 like this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Apprentice
    My unimportant league match went 0-0, so even though we didnt win were still unbeaten (4 draws now). Tomorrow against league 2nd, he is far behind on the table but might end my unbeaten league run of 25 games. Still, after lifting the CL cup you cant expect the team to do their best in a game that wont change anything (especially without getting green packs)
    Bermuda Triangle, started 26.2.2013
    standings/trophies (9 seasons, 7 promotions):
    League winner: 4
    Champions league winner: 2
    Cup winner: 2

Breaking News - July Fourth Press Conference

CL Final: July Fourth 1-1 LIVERPOON (LIVERPOON win 7-6 on Penalties)

Q: Your reign as the Champions League holders has ended where did it go wrong?
    A: On the day... We were not good enough to beat LIVERPOON and maybe they should of beaten us in 90 mins or definately extra time. Penalties is of course a lottery, But we felt naturally we would have the upper hand, But as the shootout went on it became the first player to mess up and lose the final (Which was Tony Adams.) It has to happen somewhere and unfortunately for us, it was us that messed it up. BUT LIVERPOON were impressive in the final 3rd and put us under a lot of pressure and I was surprised they didn't finish us in regular time.

On the Season... It went wrong with transfers. I was worried all along this season that we would come up a little short being unable to improve our squad with no good players available to buy for Power Training and no good scout players on the list... ALL SEASON. It ment we were strong in some areas... Strikers and flank players and weak in some other areas, defence and mainly the central midfield and the central midfield is where it went wrong.

Q: What do you think of LIVERPOON and what they achieved today?
    A: I was amazed in the grit and determination and the will to win. You could tell that they expected a tough game and they didn't let us bury them when we went 1-0 up. But they fought hard and back to get in the final and won us right at the end of a heartbraking penalty shootout and they achieved a lot because they beat a lot of good teams and their nerves held out better than ours and perhaps they had the sense of they had nothing to lose really. We were expected to win tonight and it hasn't happened, but we played OK but not our best and when Miku was injured we never really recovered from the incident.

Q: On Alex Zidane... Tomorrow is his special day... Will he get a great reception despite this loss?
    A: Yes, Of course... Zidane will get a great reception as the fans, players and staff of July Fourth for his great career that won us trophies in the past, we threw him on for Papaleo tonight, but this maybe was just a step too far for Zidane as he couldn't become the hero once again but what he did in the CUP's we won before the format change cannot be forgotten because he was the focal point that made it happen. We want to win tomorrow and end the season in style and lift the league trophy infront of the fans and also give Zidane his moment infront of the crowd. Zidane will be lifting the league trophy tomorrow afternoon.

Q: On Next Season... will there be a challenge and investment from July Fourth again?
    A: Of course... It's just a game remember... LOL (echoes loudly) and we will be making a good investment for next season and we believe that we will be strong in all areas next season so... WE CAN GET THAT CL TROPHY BACK WHERE IT BELONGS... There will be a mass clear out of players at the end of this season/beginning of next season so all the new players can fit into our squad and begin the training programme straight away...

Q: Were you afraid of LIVERPOON as this Champions League unfolded during the season?
    A: I'll admit it, Yes, we knew looking at LIVERPOON as the tournament progressed, especially after the Quarter-Finals, That they had the potential to turn us over if things had gone their way... I guess I was right because I knew they were a strong team and possibly looking at it, 4 out of 5 times you play this final... July Fourth would win it. BUT it only gets played once and it was one of those "1 in 5" that favoured LIVERPOON. We worked hard, looked into their history and saw they struggled vs the 4-4-2... But we had not played 4-4-2 for a while and that's possibly another reason why they got the better of us today.
    Ljepoje, dv8r and Chris Rath like this.

lost the final in penalties after going ahead 1-0, just to see stupid ref give my player straight red ... he scored 2, i managed to socre 2-2 with 10 men, but guess was not my day
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

Yesterday we beat Dynamo SWAG in the CUP Final, today we lost against TanerGS in the CL Final.... Well, what to say?

TanerGS (4-4-2/ 4-1-3-2) vs Balkan Boyz (3W-1-2N-W-2/3W-3N-2W-2)

We played "fine" until Džeko got a nasty injury (from nowhere, just "randomly").. Then he overturned and got 3 cheap goals... We tried to back into the game (subbed Kovačić for Sušić) but nothing... They seemed to play like a 9* instead of 5/6*... Dont know how they managed to beat us really since we had 2 supporters and he none! Im just dissapointed right now.... Will not invest any T more - just a huge of waste

[img]http://s18.postimg.org/566bzk561/****.png[/img]
    July Fourth and Chris Rath like this.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Quote Originally Posted by Ljepoje View Post
    Yesterday we beat Dynamo SWAG in the CUP Final, today we lost against TanerGS in the CL Final.... Well, what to say?

We played "fine" until Džeko got a nasty injury (from nowhere, just "randomly").. Then he overturned and got 3 cheap goals... We tried to back into the game (subbed Kovačić for Sušić) but nothing... They seemed to play like a 9* instead of 5/6*... Dont know how they managed to beat us really since we had 2 supporters and he none! Im just dissapointed right now.... Will not invest any T more - just a huge of waste

This kinda happened to me... Made a tactical change to bring on my best player as the "secret weapon" once my opponent subbed off the DMC... Straight away... MIKU GETS INJURED... Basically got trolled big time there. That could of been the moment where we could of won it.
    Ljepoje likes this.

League, round 25 - Perfect Tactics 9-0 LILLE
    Perfect Tactics: 57.6, 4-3N-2W-1
    LILLE: 39.6, 4-1-3N-2

We rested a lot of our players so we could give our 2nd team a chance to shine and they did. Yet another huge win following our CL win and we rescheduled this so it didn't get in the way of the important match. It was a quiet start to the match and Vittalone put us in the lead on 19 minutes. 3 goals in 5 minutes made it 4-0, Norris got 2 of them and Silly got one too, all from long range strikes. Mata put us 5-0 up just before half time. In the second half, we made an improvement and had more chances, Van der Zande getting a goal and then LILLE were reduced to 10 men following a badly timed tackle. From the free kick Goff scored, giving us a 7 goal lead. Petersen wasn't going to miss out and substitute Roth (who we were only planning on keeping for the CL semi-finals) set him up for 8-0 and then Roth also set up Norris for his hat trick and that puts us 25-0-0 and having scored 161 goals in the league. Outstanding stuff from the boys.

Goals: Vittalone (19'), Norris (32', 36', 81 HAT), Silly (34'), Mata (44'), Van der Zande (50'), Goff (74'), Petersen (76')
    Sent off: Nsem
    MOTM: Norris

The league trophy will be presented to us in our last home league game tomorrow.
    Ljepoje likes this.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

New Team sits again on top of the World!

New Team: Q 49,5 3N-2W-2-1-2 / 2nd Half 3N-2W-3-2
    Catalunya FC: Q 47,4 4-5-1 V Style

Without any doubt the most terrific performance in the last 3 seasons for our team. Everything tonight was just perfect, from the Coach's choiches to the player's performance. Catalunya FC never had even the time to understand the match was starting that New Team was already seeking the neck's veins for fresh blood. We started with a confident 63% possession and immediatly pressure their midfielders, while their flanks were kept at bay by our DMs, Strauss and Rochi. Ready go and our Captain Hutton took care of the first blood serving Matsukase behind him who unleashed a great shoot (9'). At that point we expected a fierce reaction but Catalunya had practically nowhere to go with the ball as we kept possessing it and being dangerous. Their defender Moore was exceptional into stopping Hutton at least three times before he could further increase the gap. At minute 41 tho Brown had to stop Hutton with a foul and J.Romer sent it flying past the wall finding the keeper ready. No trace of them from midfield up in the first half.
    And so it was, if not even worse, in the second one. Coach Mad seeked even more possession sacrificing Tom Becker (AMC-rate 7 even if unnoticed) for a third MC (Diamond), trying to let their star DMC further raise at midfield making space for the forwards. And so it happened when J.Romer got free from him and served Schneider who didn't fail the double up (66'). Coach Mad then subbed out the tired Yuma for Bob Denver, assuring two aerial defenders and one defensive wall behind same time. But it wasn't necessary as they were non-existent, and as final art touch It was Romer again serving a perfect corner kick for our AD Strauss which made it 3-0 (81') and crowned us again champions. An unstoppable New Team, which annilathed Catalunya FC which, as board shows, couldn't connect a single shoot towards our keeper.

Scorers: M.Tenma, K.H.Schneider, H.Strauss.
    MoM: C.Yuma (8), New Team.

New Team wins its 3rd straight CL over 3 partecipations.
    Last edited by Morgan O'Bree; 05-31-2013 at 09:34 PM.
    Chris Rath, dv8r and Ljepoje like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ljepoje View Post

This was unlucky... You have done well this season, this is a bad loss and it looks like you should have won but it was the NGE having one of its moments

I had an injury too, late in the game.. I was worried that my sub wasn't going to come in on time and I was going to lose! Looks like a lot of us have been screwed over by injuries
    July Fourth likes this.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    This kinda happened to me... Made a tactical change to bring on my best player as the "secret weapon" once my opponent subbed off the DMC... Straight away... MIKU GETS INJURED... Basically got trolled big time there. That could of been the moment where we could of won it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    This was unlucky... You have done well this season, this is a bad loss and it looks like you should have won but it was the NGE having one of its moments

I had an injury too, late in the game.. I was worried that my sub wasn't going to come in on time and I was going to lose! Looks like a lot of us have been screwed over by injuries
    It's just ****!!!... totally screwed by NGE and the opponent as well (3 - 1 is way too much to be acceptable)... All went fine until the troolo-lo-loo injury occured, and I JUST knew that I would be screwed since every single fu*king time a ST of mine get's injured (especially Jovetić) I ALWAYS LOSE!

And whats up with this Turkish teams? They seem to be everywhere, played against 4 or 5 Turkish teams (both in the CUP + CL) this season. Always get a Turk that are close or get to screw me over.
    Last edited by Ljepoje; 05-31-2013 at 09:39 PM.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________