Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Buying new players and being competitive

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    6

    Buying new players and being competitive

    Greetings to all!
    I have one question about buying new players. Ever since Top Eleven introduced changes to the buying new players, especially negotiations system, my team has significantly lost in quality. From the more or less constant top of the table and top-four finish and fighting for trophies, three seasons in a row my team is now finishing on the 10th position or even below that. Last season, before changes are introduced, my team won Champions league, played in the Cup semi-final and finished 4th in the League. I am an active player and train my players, my formation and instructions are unchanged.
    I cant buy quality players anymore, except on the scout list, which is too expensive for the best players available on it. Players that are being offered on auctions are very weak and old. In previous seasons, where I had bad results, I tried to buy players through negotiations in the last 5 days of the season, but without any success. Despite strong offers from my side, no one was willing to sell.
    I am interested in your way of coping with the new changes and keeping your team strong and competitive. How are you acquiring new players after introduced changes?
    It seems that this game has become totally biased and favorable to those who are "buying" success with real money, which is confirmed in changes introduced in the last couple of months.
    Thanks in advance to your answers, suggestions and help!
    khris and Der_Ryan_M like this.

  2. #2
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    202
    I would like to see how "Dear company Nordeus" would answer to this topic. What are their view, the priorities, how they imagine all this.
    I read about this a lot and can understand from other people the way it's going now. But i want to know what is company thinking about this

  3. #3
    Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    945
    Greens are everything now.
    You need to buy high 4* 18 yo's and throw a few hundred greens at them. If you've had 3 bad seasons that could have been around 1700 greens saved up, you could do a lot with that and a few tokens

  4. #4
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    591
    I use the auctions for most of my players as I have more greens than tokens. I buy young players if they are first team replacements but usually Low quality ones. I don’t know how to identify fast Trainers if I do not buy Low quality. Only Low quality players have a difference in price at my level so I have no choice. I do occasionally spend on scouts as well but not often as I have stop buying the monthly card for awhile now and do not intend to anytime soon. For my bench, I get the highest possible quality for 1 token and I do not care about age. Usually get around 70 to 79 quality. Anything above 80 always requires more tokens except for ML and MR positions. That’s how I build my team.

    I spend about 50 to 60 tokens per season when I average out over my last 17 Seasons. Did not keep track of greens but I use a lot.

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Erfurt & Berlin
    Posts
    12
    To buy new, good & young players it needs a lot of patience.
    Every Season i take one day of time to become good players (18-21 years / 80% and higher) for a low prize.

    At first i ask myself, which positions in my team really need improvement.
    At second i set myself a limit, how much token i want to invest for a player.
    And at third i watch and wait for right players on the market.

    It needs a lot of time, but if you have patience you can make some good trades.

    I became last season 3 U20 players over 90-95% for 15 Token, but i needed 10 hours of studying the transfermarket.

    -> PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE <- and in TopEleven for non-pay-players the key to success!

    Best Regards

    Christian

  6. #6
    Dreamer
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Bratislava, Slovakia
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by EastsiderSG View Post
    I use the auctions for most of my players as I have more greens than tokens. I buy young players if they are first team replacements but usually Low quality ones. I don’t know how to identify fast Trainers if I do not buy Low quality. Only Low quality players have a difference in price at my level so I have no choice. I do occasionally spend on scouts as well but not often as I have stop buying the monthly card for awhile now and do not intend to anytime soon. For my bench, I get the highest possible quality for 1 token and I do not care about age. Usually get around 70 to 79 quality. Anything above 80 always requires more tokens except for ML and MR positions. That’s how I build my team.

    I spend about 50 to 60 tokens per season when I average out over my last 17 Seasons. Did not keep track of greens but I use a lot.


    No, 4* is too high .... I buy 3* 18 yo, train them up to 7 stars (FK taker up to 8 stars), you need around 6500 greens to do so to train + SA + position if needed extra.. You should be able to save 6500+ through the year, these players last 14 seasons with me. Thats the cycle I do, and I am fine with it.

  7. #7
    Famous
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,582
    You 'll stay same level for three season and farm daily greens.
    You can use the blue button for condition to 1-2 young players you have.
    After 3 seasons in the same level, you 'll have 4.500 greens.
    The last 2-3 days of the third season, you 'll get 7-8 18 y.o. 4* players or if you can find a good one in negotiations.
    The next season you will start training those young ones with your stock and you 'll get the double
    and the next the treble.
    iansyorkcityfc likes this.

  8. #8
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    591
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirrowka View Post
    No, 4* is too high .... I buy 3* 18 yo, train them up to 7 stars (FK taker up to 8 stars), you need around 6500 greens to do so to train + SA + position if needed extra.. You should be able to save 6500+ through the year, these players last 14 seasons with me. Thats the cycle I do, and I am fine with it.
    Yup I do the same. I too buy 3* 18 to 19 year olds for first team replacements and train them up. Only bench I buy 4* older players. I try to get the highest possible quality for 1 to 2 tokens so I have to buy old. I do not keep my players as Long as you. I stop maintaining at age 22 and once their quality is not good enough, I let them go. Usually at age 23 or 24. Greens seem more precious than tokens to me. So when a good recommended offer comes along, I take it. They are usually better than scouts as they are younger. And not forgetting the token youth player. I get him too

  9. #9
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    591
    Quote Originally Posted by Ποσιδονας View Post
    You 'll stay same level for three season and farm daily greens.
    You can use the blue button for condition to 1-2 young players you have.
    After 3 seasons in the same level, you 'll have 4.500 greens.
    The last 2-3 days of the third season, you 'll get 7-8 18 y.o. 4* players or if you can find a good one in negotiations.
    The next season you will start training those young ones with your stock and you 'll get the double
    and the next the treble.
    You are very lucky. Many countries don’t get as many vids as yours I think. I tried my best to save greens one season and I only managed to save 1k. I had training center at max, was in a successful association, logged in daily and made subs very often.

  10. #10
    Dreamer
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    385
    [QUOTE=Mirrowka;628347]No, 4* is too high .... I buy 3* 18 yo, train them up to 7 stars (FK taker up to 8 stars), you need around 6500 greens to do so to train + SA + position if needed extra.. You should be able to save 6500+ through the year, these players last 14 seasons with me. Thats the cycle I do, and I am fine with it.[/QU
    probably more as you can save over 700 a month,its just how patient you want to be

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast