Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: What type of bidder are you?

Question What type of bidder are you?

How many of you on here are the guy (or girl) who with two minutes of the auction left to go increases the bid from 5 tokens to 25 tokens... only to then lose out to someone bidding higher late in the auction?

I've never quite understood it, but it seems like a fairly popular approach. I kind of see that they're just speeding up the inevitable, but surely at some point you end up overpaying by 10+ tokens if no-one else is really interested.

I tend to watch the bidding and not bid until about 5 seconds to go (if it hasn't gone crazy by that point).

I'm the type of bidder who haven't ever given more than 30 tokens for a player
    maloukees likes this.
    For official in-game help please refer to Top Eleven Support here.
    I upload top eleven content on my YouTube Channel.

I always avoid bidding wars and i too bid at around 10 secs to 12 seconds. This season i can only identify faster trainers who are 3 star. So buying 3 stars, i usually spend 1 to 2 tokens per player, max 3 since no one wants them. Spending less tokens but more greens.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludo_Mansio View Post
    How many of you on here are the guy (or girl) who with two minutes of the auction left to go increases the bid from 5 tokens to 25 tokens... only to then lose out to someone bidding higher late in the auction?

I've never quite understood it, but it seems like a fairly popular approach. I kind of see that they're just speeding up the inevitable, but surely at some point you end up overpaying by 10+ tokens if no-one else is really interested.

I tend to watch the bidding and not bid until about 5 seconds to go (if it hasn't gone crazy by that point).
    If I see someone do that I bid right after them just to annoy them!
    One day I'll get caught and actually have to buy the player but so far they've always bid again whenever it's happened.
    Gobobo likes this.

No I am a tightass so only bid what I have to. Usually I put in an early bid then let it sit to see what happens with the bidding and if the price exceeds my estimated value of the player then I just wait for the next player of interest. I refuse to pay big coin for players but the compromise is more greens to get players where you want them. Might just start buying 3* players and elevate them to 4* and be done with it , could be a good way to fight the stupid inflation in the auction markets.
    LEAGUE WINNER 8
    LEAGUE RUNNER UP 5
    CUP WINNER 4
    CUP RUNNER UP 4
    C.L. WINNER 2
    C.L. RUNNER UP 4
    TREBLES 1
    SUPER CUP WINNER 2
    CUP DOUBLES 3
    CUP TREBLES 1

Recently I've some players ageing so have been on the market for new, young players. I usually sort by value and only bid on high value, 85%+ players.

I pay between 20 and 30 tokens each, I think one I paid 33 for as I got a bit excited! I probably drop out of more auctions than I win - there's always more auctions later.

Back of the net!

Usually İ give 1,2 or 3 token but rarely İ give 10 token or more för player who in transfer market

Addicted
    so what do you buy with 1,2,-3 tokens? Players with 3stars?

18 and 19 - 1 to 3 tokens gets me within the range 40 to 71 quality
    20 and above - 1 to 3 tokens mostly gets me 40 to 87 quality

Quote Originally Posted by tomu741 View Post
    so what do you buy with 1,2,-3 tokens? Players with 3stars?
    Just built an entire team of 18 -21 y/o players of between 3*- 4* players for 11 tokens ,no more than 1 token per player. Lets see what happens now.
    LEAGUE WINNER 8
    LEAGUE RUNNER UP 5
    CUP WINNER 4
    CUP RUNNER UP 4
    C.L. WINNER 2
    C.L. RUNNER UP 4
    TREBLES 1
    SUPER CUP WINNER 2
    CUP DOUBLES 3
    CUP TREBLES 1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast