Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Cup format changes to make it more fair. Does this title please you?????

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    For me on my server... It's not fair for token buyers because they get matched up with higher level players that won't of bought a single T ever before.
    The game is a pay-to-win model, so in my opinion it's not the right way to talk about fairness. token buyer=token buyer? I do not think so. it's a huge difference if you buy 100 (as an example) tokens per week/month/every 3 sessions. The game is not fair in any perspectiv, why it should be in the cup system? I think this is more a clear case of double standards.

I'm not a native speaker and don't write in english for years. hopefully it makes sense..
    cracicot and aiureah like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Raykco View Post
    IMO, the current format, while not perfect, is much fairer than the old format. Cracicot, you were wrong when you said the old format was level based. In the old format, it was not uncommon for low level teams (2/3/4 etc), to have to play level 14+ teams in the early rounds, and the competition was also ceeded, so that the stronger teams were kept apart, unlike now, where its an open draw.
    there is the problem, IT IS NOT an open draw.... you will be drawn in the first round against the team closest to you in average quality. so in all probability the 2 strongest teams in the whole cup will meet in the 1st preliminary round. its the equivilant of Barcelona being drawn against Bayern Munich in a champions league qualifier... which is crazy...

Quote Originally Posted by Fleischgel View Post
    The game is a pay-to-win model, so in my opinion it's not the right way to talk about fairness. token buyer=token buyer? I do not think so. it's a huge difference if you buy 100 (as an example) tokens per week/month/every 3 sessions. The game is not fair in any perspectiv, why it should be in the cup system? I think this is more a clear case of double standards.

I'm not a native speaker and don't write in english for years. hopefully it makes sense..
    Would you buy loads of tokens every season only to play against teams 2 levels higher than you that have the same quality as your team that have never bought a token before only to most likely lose against them? I don't think so and this is whats happening to me here.
    aiureah likes this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Would you buy loads of tokens every season only to play against teams 2 levels higher than you that have the same quality as your team that have never bought a token before only to most likely lose against them? I don't think so and this is whats happening to me here.
    No, not buying tokens, but just set the better tactics as my opponent. It's a fair chance to win the match and that is what count. the non-buyers are handicaped in every way in the game and are nearly chanceless against a heavy-buyers. You can't tell me that you are THAT frustrated about the fact, that you are playing against non-buyers with equal Rating. Is only bashing weaker teams so entertaining? I can't really understand this...

Quote Originally Posted by Fleischgel View Post
    No, not buying tokens, but just set the better tactics as my opponent. It's a fair chance to win the match and that is what count. the non-buyers are handicaped in every way in the game and are nearly chanceless against a heavy-buyers. You can't tell me that you are THAT frustrated about the fact, that you are playing against non-buyers with equal Rating. Is only bashing weaker teams so entertaining? I can't really understand this...
    If I wanted to play against non-token buyers with a quality rating, I would play a different game.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Quote Originally Posted by fingermouse27 View Post
    there is the problem, IT IS NOT an open draw.... you will be drawn in the first round against the team closest to you in average quality. so in all probability the 2 strongest teams in the whole cup will meet in the 1st preliminary round. its the equivilant of Barcelona being drawn against Bayern Munich in a champions league qualifier... which is crazy...
    Sorry. That is not the case in my competition. Although I myself have been beaten by a team 0.5 better than me, there are matches where the quality margin is greater, and in some cases, there are games between the highest and lowest quality teams.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Banned
    again, we stray a little off topic.

what can be done to make this competition better?

Is it even possible?

Start matching level + quality?

I can handle a level 5 manager that buys scouts. i have a snowballs chance in hell, but as least I have an outside chance at a tie, but I cannot compete against a level 7 manager who buys 3* or 4* players the same day as the match without buying scouts of my own.

The whole game is geared to be unfair to non-token buyers - to give token buyers an advantage. Yes we get that. So this game will never be completely fair, but the CL shows a bit more fairness, at least for me for the past 3 years. Why cant the cup be more like this.

I think either freezing the rosters or matching by level is are the only ways I can think of that would make this a better competition.

Can Nordeus put more effort into this game to make it better?

1) fix cup competition
    2) fix GK injury bug
    3) fix unwanted friendlies
    4) fix scheduling issues to give more time between games on same day

#2,#3, and #4 are easily done by Nordeus yet they sit on their hands and dont say ANYTHING about a decision or progress.

BUT #1 is the reason for this thread. #1 seems to be the one where they cant please anyone with the old or new format.

HOW DOES NORDEUS MAKE THIS A BETTER COMPETITION???

Dreamer
    The real problem is that they try to base all of their seeding on Quality while the game as a whole doesn't depend solely on that. They've just made it all unnecessarily complicated. Yes, the game is designed to get you to pay and yes, we don't have a chance against heavy buyers and the one thing that they don't see is that we know and accept that, it's just natural.

Just put only same level players in all competitions and fill in any gaps with average quality bots ... I don't see what's the problem with that.

Quote Originally Posted by fingermouse27 View Post
    Umm ..in the Preliminary stage of this years competition the team I was drawn against had a quality less than that of mine by 3.1 ..there were teams a lot closer to my quality that I did not get drawn against...

Pro
    They should change the cup so its only teams from your level, same format.

They should also change the champs league, still top four from league but you can be drawn against teams from 3 levels 1 below, your level and one above. Ideally id like to see a cross server champs league, top 4 teams but from different servers, same level, though i doubt this is possible??

Theres no point changing the cup and leaving the champs league the same as then it would basically be the same competition and i think its stupid that the cup is harder than the champs league!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast