Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Best defence - post your best defensive season

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    no, normal/counter/flanks.
    In league I have easy opponents.
    I had some bad experience with defensive, counters since my come back, including a very bad one in an association match - I got the black cat achievement for the first time after so many years of playing on and off. Maybe the game changed in this area just like the case of formations.
    Last edited by Tactician; 09-23-2019 at 07:58 PM.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    I would suggest you to stay in 3-4 formations based in AMs and start with some "neutral" orders.
    Then try to read the game (highlights, live, stats, presence of oppo manager, some signs) and react.
    The gameplay doesn't have the old logic. You can play with the "perfect" formation and orders and get a draw vs much weaker oppo and in the next game with not so good tactics to dominate vs a stronger.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    I would suggest you to stay in 3-4 formations based in AMs and start with some "neutral" orders.
    Then try to read the game (highlights, live, stats, presence of oppo manager, some signs) and react.
    The gameplay doesn't have the old logic. You can play with the "perfect" formation and orders and get a draw vs much weaker oppo and in the next game with not so good tactics to dominate vs a stronger.
    Well... for example, in the Cup, I beat someone 3-0 at home. Logic says to go defensive away and play counter attack to put it game over, but instead, I was 4-0 down against a weaker side, and I had to make subs and go full attack. I still lost, match ended 4-3, but I went through on aggregate. This engine needs revision for sure.

In the association match, it was clear trashing, lost 5-0, black cat achievement, and I was playing defensive with 5 defenders. The opponent had a mutant at least though, but still... .
    Last edited by Tactician; 09-23-2019 at 08:15 PM.

Max
    I am pretty much through to the cup Quarter Finals. We are 4-0 up from the first leg, expecting to lose 5-0 haha. If we get there, we will play a 7% weaker opponent and the same for the Semis and Finals. I am on for a three in a row in the cup and just 5 seasons ago I could not get by the round of 16.

We got lucky this time because my current opponent beat a really strong opponent that was about 15% stronger than me and about 30% stronger than him. I really got away with murder.

I have conceded 8 goals in 16 games which is pretty bad. At least 7 out of those 8 goals should not have been conceded as they were to **** abandoned teams with no manager attending.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Max McClean View Post
    I am pretty much through to the cup Quarter Finals. We are 4-0 up from the first leg, expecting to lose 5-0 haha. If we get there, we will play a 7% weaker opponent and the same for the Semis and Finals. I am on for a three in a row in the cup and just 5 seasons ago I could not get by the round of 16.

We got lucky this time because my current opponent beat a really strong opponent that was about 15% stronger than me and about 30% stronger than him. I really got away with murder.

I have conceded 8 goals in 16 games which is pretty bad. At least 7 out of those 8 goals should not have been conceded as they were to **** abandoned teams with no manager attending.

You been doing something wrong or something not working among your players or maybe the game engine put your team on bad form. Way back I did went through a period where weaker teams would score more than expected against mine; partly I was not doing things according to a new change at that time, and on top, the engine was trolling me by making it harder than expected to beat certain teams or score more goals because it decided that another team deserved the title more (a team full of scouts and recommended players). In the end, the other team won the league by goal difference; my team came out second. I should have won that league that time, but I will not complain much as my team was a poor mans team and other was a team of an oil sheik, hahaha.
    Last edited by Tactician; 09-23-2019 at 08:28 PM.

Apprentice

Max, you're pessimist but it works well with TE. I was eliminated in 32 round by 15% weaker team. I won the first game then the oppo bought some scout players and won me back 2nd leg. I always scare when opponents have new signed scout players. They performed well for several days.

Max
    I am hope I don’t jinx this but I have been pretty much favoured this seasons. I have avoided a really strong opponent in the cup and I have had one bad loss but nothing to grieve over. Still I am disappointed in my defence, I will look into it but I am not sure what is wrong. I think I am favoured in the cup because As I have said a million times, I am going for 3 in a row, I am not getting any luck in the other competitions

Max
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandef View Post
    Max, you're pessimist but it works well with TE. I was eliminated in 32 round by 15% weaker team. I won the first game then the oppo bought some scout players and won me back 2nd leg. I always scare when opponents have new signed scout players. They performed well for several days.
    I agree I am a bit pessimistic about the game but I hope I can do well but I expect the worst because the (game engine) screws me over sometimes.

Max
    I hope I don’t jinx this but I have been pretty much favoured this seasons. I have avoided a really strong opponent in the cup and I have had one bad loss but nothing to grieve over. Still I am disappointed in my defence, I will look into it but I am not sure what is wrong. I think I am favoured in the cup because As I have said a million times, I am going for 3 in a row, I am not getting any luck in the other competitions

Max
    Also does high press really have an effect on your team’s performance apart from tiring them out,does it actually bring a positive impact to your team.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast