Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Best defence - post your best defensive season

Quote Originally Posted by Max McClean View Post
    Also does high press really have an effect on your team’s performance apart from tiring them out,does it actually bring a positive impact to your team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It does. When I started playing many years ago, I was playing simple, then Iearnt counter attacking 451V a bit from Nik, but later I upped the level and used intensive and aggressive styles, using formations like 343, 352, 3412, 361.... with high press. But those styles are condition consuming and if you have a small squad you will spend a lot of green packs to recover tired players.
    Last edited by Tactician; 09-23-2019 at 08:44 PM.

Max
    Ok thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Max McClean View Post
    Ok thanks

Briefly, for high pressing to be effective you need have a lot of players near the mid line or above. Pressing 2 (for you) versus 4 or 5 will probably mostly waste condition without any positive effect, but if you put 4 versus 3 or 5 versus 4, you press, they will give away a lot of possession or they will be forced to pass long.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    Briefly, for high pressing to be effective you need have a lot of players near the mid line or above. Pressing 2 (for you) versus 4 or 5 will probably mostly waste condition without any positive effect, but if you put 4 versus 3 or 5 versus 4, you press, they will give away a lot of possession or they will be forced to pass long.
    Wait this is kind of confusing explain in simpler terms please

Quote Originally Posted by Randomdude123 View Post
    Wait this is kind of confusing explain in simpler terms please
    There must be a lot of players in the opponents half to be able to make high pressing more effective. 2-3 players pressing against 4-5 opponents is less effective and will be probably a waste of condition, but it might still force opponents to make mistakes.
    Last edited by Tactician; 09-24-2019 at 11:56 PM.

Max
    I have conceded 14 in 22, which is just 2 lower than I conceded in the entirety of last season, 47 matches and 16 conceded.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123