Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Is the Tactical Part of Top Eleven 2019 Broken?

Sometimes I get the feeling that the game engine has decided what the optimum formation, tactics and orders are the 'best' for you for that match and you have to guess what they are - once you have found them you get a really good performance and result.

For instance, recently in a match I was much better Quality than the opponent, but they were leading 2-0 and I was in for a right old Trolling. I noticed that the two opposition wide defenders had high match ratings, so switched to attacking through the centre exclusively, instead of mixed - into a 3DC-DMC central defence, which in normal circumstances was a complete no-no. I won 4-2...
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    Sometimes I get the feeling that the game engine has decided what the optimum formation, tactics and orders are the 'best' for you for that match and you have to guess what they are - once you have found them you get a really good performance and result.

For instance, recently in a match I was much better Quality than the opponent, but they were leading 2-0 and I was in for a right old Trolling. I noticed that the two opposition wide defenders had high match ratings, so switched to attacking through the centre exclusively, instead of mixed - into a 3DC-DMC central defence, which in normal circumstances was a complete no-no. I won 4-2...
    So, it could be that whatever were selected to be the optimal orders were random rather than based on the opponent, that is, the engine just choose randomly what will be the best orders rather than logical.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    So, it could be that whatever were selected to be the optimal orders were random rather than based on the opponent, that is, the engine just choose randomly what will be the best orders rather than logical.
    For those matches where the play bears no resemblance to 'normal' play in that the tactics that you know would be suitable for the opponent's Quality, formation and possible tactics and orders is patently having no reasonable effect, it seems that a certain random element to the options for countering what the opponent is actually playing like has been introduced.

When it gets to about the 55-60th minute in matches like this that I try to throw in a random change myself to see what the effect is - the 'desperate times call for desperate measures' moment - sometimes it comes off. I'm still trying to get my head round the theory myself. If I get any more insights I'll let y'all know.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Apprentice
    I understand how you can be frustrated but you should also kind of put yourself in the shoes of your players if that makes sense. Usually when I see something I don't like, I don't switch tactics too much or too often. Imagine being the player and you practiced a game plan for x amount of days and on the day of the game your manager is yelling at you to do other things frantically. Now you have to adjust away from the plan and to the new plan your coach gave you, meanwhile your opponent is just doing what they were instructed since kick-off and playing comfortably, beating you as you adjust. That's what I imagine so I usually just ride out a bad situation and sometimes it fixes itself. If I get beat too often or concede a goal, I call a condition bonus, too me that's the equivalent of smacking your team on the head and getting them to kick tactics and skills in overdrive. If that doesn't do anything, that's when I start thinking about going more attacking or subbing out poor performers.
    The Warpstars - League Level 25 - Club Record: 746W - 120D - 146L
    Goals Scored: 3094 Goals Against: 863
    Club History
    11 League Trophies: 3,4,5,7,8,9,10,17,18,19,24 | 6 Runner-Up: 2,6,11,13,16, 20
    2 Cup Trophies: 5,7 | 4 Runner-Up: 10,17,19,24
    0 Super League Trophies: | 0 Runner-Up:
    3 Champion's League Trophies: 2,10,22 | 4 Runner-Up: 8,12,19,24
    0 Triple Crowns:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234