Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: star player still no goals???

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by theclubofwins View Post
    i bought a 69 token player three days ago and still had no goals
    In real life S.L.Benfica from Portugal bought a ST for 20M€ and he only scored his first goal in the last round of the champions league, quess they are coming to the forum to complain...

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    You must rename your player like him.
    Then he 'll score

star player still no goals???-edit-mobile-names.jpg
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

He should have atleast provided pictures of the players profile so that we can see more about the player, but he did not. If I am not mistaken, there has been at one report of a player (an AMC/ST) that was bought from the recommended list that did not score for like a whole season or so (something like this). It seems that Nordeus still include the chance of having flops, even if the player is from scout list or recommended list.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by theclubofwins View Post
    i bought a 69 token player three days ago and still had no goals
    I've made this mistake before. If I were you- I would NEVER buy a ST from scouting. They are all duds in my opinion. All of the best strikers I have had for my team have come from auction or from events like King of the Hill where they always give out STs anyway. If I were to buy a 69 token player, definitely invest it into a midfield position as those positions seem to be the only players with consistency while GKs and STs just do what they want regardless of star level. I bought a ST this way and, no kidding, got him at age 22 sold him at age 27, kid got 13 career league goals. 17 career goals all competitions. I was stubborn and started him over some of my old strikers, some of which performed just as good as him even though they were 5+ years older. The worst player I ever recruited, the worst money I ever spent.
    The Warpstars - League Level 25 - Club Record: 746W - 120D - 146L
    Goals Scored: 3094 Goals Against: 863
    Club History
    11 League Trophies: 3,4,5,7,8,9,10,17,18,19,24 | 6 Runner-Up: 2,6,11,13,16, 20
    2 Cup Trophies: 5,7 | 4 Runner-Up: 10,17,19,24
    0 Super League Trophies: | 0 Runner-Up:
    3 Champion's League Trophies: 2,10,22 | 4 Runner-Up: 8,12,19,24
    0 Triple Crowns:

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    sent to support and ask to remove this player from your team and give you the 69 tokens back
    TheWhiteKirby likes this.

Apprentice
    I would never scout STs. I don't buy tokens anymore, but when I did I learned to never make that mistake. I suggest to only scout midfielders as they are the only consistently good performing players in my experience. DCs, GKs, and STs have always never really "wowed" me in overall performance over their entire career. DLs, DRs, AMLs, AMRs, and AMCs/MCs on the other hand go on to break records for my club.

The worst scout purchase, ironically, was this ST that through his entire career from 22-28 (i had to sell that bastard) scored 17 goals in all competitions, starting every game since purchase. Without my AMLs and AMRs (bought in auction btw) to carry him throughout his career I would have spent money to essentially decrease my winning potential. Do not buy STs lol
    The Warpstars - League Level 25 - Club Record: 746W - 120D - 146L
    Goals Scored: 3094 Goals Against: 863
    Club History
    11 League Trophies: 3,4,5,7,8,9,10,17,18,19,24 | 6 Runner-Up: 2,6,11,13,16, 20
    2 Cup Trophies: 5,7 | 4 Runner-Up: 10,17,19,24
    0 Super League Trophies: | 0 Runner-Up:
    3 Champion's League Trophies: 2,10,22 | 4 Runner-Up: 8,12,19,24
    0 Triple Crowns:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12