Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: My theory is consistency impt for captain

Addicted

My theory is consistency impt for captain

Till now, we dunno what are the best attributes to select for captain. My theory is

--player ratings consistency (most impt) as his leadership is needed to uplift the team
    --age at least 28 as need a mature leader
    --ability above average (eg a team of six stars to eight stars, don't select a six star as captain, at least seven stars)

Quote Originally Posted by redsnoopy View Post
    Till now, we dunno what are the best attributes to select for captain. My theory is

--player ratings consistency (most impt) as his leadership is needed to uplift the team
    --age at least 28 as need a mature leader
    --ability above average (eg a team of six stars to eight stars, don't select a six star as captain, at least seven stars)
    It is a cosmetic position xD no influence in any aspect of the game, same with a player of 101KG more tall more short, no influence.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    It is a cosmetic position xD no influence in any aspect of the game, same with a player of 101KG more tall more short, no influence.
    Is it? Reason why I think might not be cosmetic is it's in the same layout selection as all the other non cosmetic positions -- free kick, corner kick, penalty, etc. Strange that only the slot for captain is cosmetic.
    julien12 likes this.

Rookie
    Is it? Reason why I think might not be cosmetic is it's in the same layout selection as all the other non cosmetic positions -- free kick, corner kick, penalty, etc. Strange that only the slot for captain is cosmetic.
    I agree that it is not just cosmetic. My main reason for believing this is that in games where I forget to set a proper captain - f.e. I replaced the player for some reason - I find that the team does not play as consistently. In a number of matches where I have gotten unexpected results I have then found that I forgot to set the captain.
    maloukees likes this.

For me always the guy with most caps for the team is the captain. Don't know if it makes any difference who you select tbh.

100% and any impression one can have regarding this is pure coincidence or illegal perception. lol It was confirmed when we had the -talk with devs- in 2013 or so.

Famous
    For me always the best player

Apprentice
    I agree with the perception part of things. I know Kris talked to a dev who confirmed this suspicion but I do remember back in league 7 that my team had a trash run of form going from all Ws to DLLD and I went to switch tactics and saw my captain was still assigned back to when I let the b string 11 play against a significantly weaker team, so technically my starters were functioning "captain-less" in a way. After I reassigned to the proper captain (usually my GK because of Mauricio Pochettino) my form returned. Definitely could be coincidental, I'm just saying it's odd.

But I usually assign GK as the GK has total vision of the field and could communicate to his line anything he sees wrong in formation, which could be passed up to the midfield/strikers up front. I always imagined if an outfield player other than a CB were the captain, they wouldn't have this view over the game and not really know what call is the right one to make. Also, they are the easiest to access for the manager as they aren't moving constantly so anything I would want to tell them would be best told to the GK.

But then again I'm an overthinker at heart and I used to assign ML and DL to my AMLs so they would dominate their flank (no real difference, btw just a waste of time lol)
    maloukees likes this.
    The Warpstars - League Level 25 - Club Record: 746W - 120D - 146L
    Goals Scored: 3094 Goals Against: 863
    Club History
    11 League Trophies: 3,4,5,7,8,9,10,17,18,19,24 | 6 Runner-Up: 2,6,11,13,16, 20
    2 Cup Trophies: 5,7 | 4 Runner-Up: 10,17,19,24
    0 Super League Trophies: | 0 Runner-Up:
    3 Champion's League Trophies: 2,10,22 | 4 Runner-Up: 8,12,19,24
    0 Triple Crowns:

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWhiteKirby View Post
    I agree with the perception part of things. I know Kris talked to a dev who confirmed this suspicion but I do remember back in league 7 that my team had a trash run of form going from all Ws to DLLD and I went to switch tactics and saw my captain was still assigned back to when I let the b string 11 play against a significantly weaker team, so technically my starters were functioning "captain-less" in a way. After I reassigned to the proper captain (usually my GK because of Mauricio Pochettino) my form returned. Definitely could be coincidental, I'm just saying it's odd.

But I usually assign GK as the GK has total vision of the field and could communicate to his line anything he sees wrong in formation, which could be passed up to the midfield/strikers up front. I always imagined if an outfield player other than a CB were the captain, they wouldn't have this view over the game and not really know what call is the right one to make. Also, they are the easiest to access for the manager as they aren't moving constantly so anything I would want to tell them would be best told to the GK.

But then again I'm an overthinker at heart and I used to assign ML and DL to my AMLs so they would dominate their flank (no real difference, btw just a waste of time lol)
    I don't think a GK being on the other end of the field is able to have a good overview of the field. I doubt he can see the one third of the field near the opponent, which means he cannot visualise his attacking fielders and strikers properly, and also the opponents defence. It's a very wide field if u have been in a full size football field before.
    khris likes this.

I don't think a GK being on the other end of the field is able to have a good overview of the field. I doubt he can see the one third of the field near the opponent, which means he cannot visualise his attacking fielders and strikers properly, and also the opponents defence. It's a very wide field if u have been in a full size football field before.
    In that case only the camera man would be the perfect captain xD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast