Page 15 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Like Tree162Likes

Thread: Season 124 - Are you ready?

Both teams had a modertely successful first week - one stupid defeat each. Not noticed any change in the way the matches have played out this weekend compared to last.

Desert Rats FC
    Season 124 - Are you ready?-s49-season-stats-week-1.jpg

Nouvion FC:
    Season 124 - Are you ready?-s11-season-stats-week-1.jpg

Associations draws for Nouvion FC have been ridiculously easy this past season and a bit. We all go looking for the 'gotchas' in every Association we face but all the results pan out as Quality suggests. 6 wins tournament wins on the trot now...
    Last edited by talisman; 10-21-2019 at 09:53 AM.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Rookie
    Mixed feelings today. Last night we won the cup round of 16 first leg 11-1, with our striker scoring 7 goals on his own.

Today, for the CL 4 match day, I did a bit of turnover. The overall quality went down from 86% to 80%. I was quite sure to win as my opponent was 57%. But we didn't manage to win, got a disappointing 0-0, and now I'm just one point ahead of the second in the group.

Again, that's so disappointing, anyone can give me an explanation on why does this happen? Is the turnover so bad for my team so I have to stick with the best 11 at all times or I'm doing something wrong?

Sent from my MI 8 Lite using Tapatalk

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    no, it's just that one of the CL group games is a troll.
    Usually against the weaker- abandoned team.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Dreamer
    Had a wonderful week - winning all the way in all official competitions. Hopefully this winning streak continues all the way towards end of this season and many more like this as many seasons (I am not bored in winning 😁😎)
    Anyway, this is long overdue. Didn't have this winning streak for a long time. The last time it happens was a year ago.
    To cap.a wonderful week , our association team managed to win on goals difference and came in tops.
    Now for the event...
    Till end of this week
    All the best managers.
    Cheers. Peace out. 😎

Max
    Hopefully this guy in second place here finishes top of his group so I avoid him in the round of 16, I am not willing to deliberately finish second place, however if I do play him, I will openly take the challenge, he is around 1% stronger than me and I haven’t had a tough opponent in the round of 16 in ages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Max
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    no, it's just that one of the CL group games is a troll.
    Usually against the weaker- abandoned team.
    I beat an 86% team in the group who is equal quality to me 5-0 at home and I have to play him later on and I hopefully will beat him, it looks like his players are not trained.

I will hopefully win 0-5 this time.

I only beat a 74% team yesterday 1-0 in the round of 16 of the cup. Some of the ties in the Quarter Finals look juicy, I will get a tough opponent in the Quarter Finals but if I beat Him, I play play a 20% weaker team in the Semis and hopefully beat him to play a similar team in the finals. I got lucky, some other players have very hard potential fixtures in the cup. Although I hopefully will win my fourth consecutive one.

Deja vu?

Season 124 - Are you ready?-s49-fixtures-day-10.jpg
    nikolgiorgos likes this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

2nd time manipulating draws, I start with a 70% team, I buy a full squad with scouts, I got trolled and out of cup losing 2-4 and 1-1 vs -20% team. 3rd League and well, this will be the last season i play this year. Lets see if we achieve the 9th Super League at least.

Max
    This season has gone OK for us, 17 wins out of 20 is alright but nothing special, we are second in the league on 22 points from 27, and I am level with 3 other title contenders and in the Champions League, it has been easy enough and for the 4 th consecutive season, we should get a perfect 6-0-0 record. My record from the last 4 CL Seasons has been a nearly perfect 37-2-2.

In the cup we are once agin into the deep stages of the competition looking to win a historic 4th Consecutive cup title, I have got to 4 consecutive cup finals before but won just 2 of them. We have to play a very tough opponent in the Quarter Finals an 87% rated team vs my 88% team, A win would be great but a draw would be a non problematic result as long as we get an away goal, a loss is absolutely out of the question, tomorrow I have to play 1st place, we are level on points, It will be the best attack vs my best defence, 4 goals conceded in 9 matches and 7 Clean Sheets is not too bad for me (but I have better) We have bounced back from the draw on the opening day of the season. If we win that we move clear on top of the league with one other opponent who inflicted my only loss in all competitions when we got humiliated 3-0 away.

We have 4 very tough days of fixtures and if we can win at least 7 out of 8, I will be very confident for a possible Quadruple, of course we need to overcome the hard teams first and end the season off with the easy little teams.

Max

Season 124 - Are you ready?

Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    2nd time manipulating draws, I start with a 70% team, I buy a full squad with scouts, I got trolled and out of cup losing 2-4 and 1-1 vs -20% team. 3rd League and well, this will be the last season i play this year. Lets see if we achieve the 9th Super League at least.
    If you win your 9th super league, go for your 17th CL and then go for your 10th Super League

Edit: Typo

Page 15 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast