Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Goalkeeper stories

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar

Goalkeeper stories

Just started this thread, to post some (maybe) interesting stories or actions about Goalkeepers.
    Feel free to share yours too.

The GK of my team, TIGRAN ROVERS, played so far in twelve games.
    In every one he got an eight
    no more, no less

Goalkeeper  stories-morton-8.jpg
    Gert Funck likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

In my other team, NIK, I bought this season a new GK, Curtois for 1T (I just bought him with that name ).
    few days before, I had the worst defeat of my career and Curtois got a 4.
    oppo had 78% efficiency, 7 goals in 9 shots
    Goalkeeper  stories-2-worst-defeat.jpg

I didn't sell him right away. In the next games, he got two 7 and two 8.
    It seems that I (and him) had a very bad day.
    Goalkeeper  stories-1-worst-defeat.jpg

But today I decided to sell him.
    Goalkeeper  stories-sell-curtois.jpg
    As he isn't young (and not a fast trainer), I couldn't sell him in the end of the season because he should be an early 6* player so I sold him today and bought another one.
    With 1T , I bought him and started a one-to-one sa so to keep him maybe in nego list in the end of the season or maybe to give him with "sell now" option.

Goalkeeper  stories-new-13-3-gk-1t.jpg

It's not about trust, it's about the plans of the team.
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 03-13-2016 at 07:56 PM.
    Let's Rock likes this.

Goalkeeper  stories-carbonara.jpg

This was the GK I picked up 6 seasons ago with a single token that I just threw out before going to bed. I picked him up at the end of the season to replace some Scout GK that I had purchased for 69 tokens when I still bought scouts. He didn't play that first season but he was powertrained the beginning of the next. He then split time with that scout GK until it was time to sell him off. He played every game for the next 5 seasons. His form has dropped off this year so he has been splitting time with his replacement. He currently holds the most games played for my team with 232 games. I don't remember him ever having a bad game in those seasons. Generally getting 8s with the occasional 9 and 10s. He also had a handful of MoM awards. His run included 5 League titles, a double, and two trebles.

His replacement:
    Goalkeeper  stories-tango.jpg
    He was another fast trainer that I picked up with a flyer token last season. At the beginning of this season, I powertrained him as he has some big shoes to fill. He has struggled a little, but I have high hopes that he will be my GK for many seasons.
    Last edited by motrin; 03-14-2016 at 12:40 AM.

Goalkeeper  stories-s17gks.jpg
    Neither of my GKs have conceded more than 2 goals in a game since the 3rd round of last season's cup.
    Carroll excels vs long passing and corners. Jussi is a dervish vs FKs and shots in close.
    I haven't conceded a penalty in forever so I don't know how well the PKS SA is working on JJ.
    I would keep him until he was 1* if he ever did something like this.
    https://youtu.be/xdEURwRMEpE

I actually named a dog I had after him as well I rate him so highly lol.
    Last edited by HoofDaddy; 03-13-2016 at 11:56 PM.
    Let's Rock likes this.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

A friend played vs a much stronger (and higher level).
    Oppo GK saved his 10* players team with 9 saves in that game - lol
    Goalkeeper  stories-saved-gk-9-saves.jpg

In my team I have some players with very low quality (1*, 0T players from academy) to keep low the aveg. q of my team.
    I had an non interesting game my in CH.L. , the last of the group games, where I had already the 1st position.
    So I used my 1* GK in this game to protect my basic (and only) GK.
    This GK did great and won the MoM title.
    Goalkeeper  stories-1-star-gk-get-mom.jpg

Some can say, ok, just happened.
    This is from another game
    Goalkeeper  stories-1-star-gk-get-8.jpg

this GK had zero moral when I used him and now has poor
    Goalkeeper  stories-1-star-gk-paliouras.jpg

Maybe some could say that this GK has a talent and performs good no matter his low q but this also happened in my reserve team, RINOKEROS
    Goalkeeper  stories-1-star-gk-rino.jpg

So, is performance of goalkeepers random ?
    Maybe not but for sure GK is a unique unit of the game which has individual performance.
    Some seasons ago, I decided that it's not worthy to invest in GKs.
    Before, I was searching for nordgen and kept them for 3-4 seasons but now I just buy a simple GK and sell him in the end of the season.

* and of course you can see that low morale many times doesn't affect the performance of the player so don't worry much for blue packs.
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 04-18-2016 at 09:05 PM.

Addicted
    the GK rating is funny all the time....like i won a game 4:0 because my team is strong than the opposite... i have total 27 shot... and 15 on target, the opposite GK save 9... and my team score 4.... (so the opposite GK only miss 6/15 shot on target)

well on the other hand...the opposite team have 13 shot... 6 on target... and my GK only save "1" ...see the funny thing?? my GK miss 5/6 on target ...

and the funniest thing is the rate after the match.... my GK rate 7.8 ...and the opposite rate below 5.5.... really?? miss 5/6 shot on target has much higher rating than 6/15.....

I have noticed something strange with GKs too. I already talked about that in a few threads.

GK rating after having made no saves: 7.4-7.6
    GK rating after having made a few saves but conceded a goal: 5-6
    GK makes more saves than the opposing GK in a match, but get a significantly lower rating.

5-7 stars GK, with special abilities or not, conceding goals scored by 3-4 star players. These include long range goals, which make it more strange, as if the GK suddenly became a 2-3 star GK.

Special abilities on GK appear to be useless.

Sometimes, when you play against a weaker team who has a 3-4 star GK, it seems as if he is impenetrable. Your 5-7 star players cannot score past him or can score very few goals.

Having a consistently performing 5-7 star GK is very rare in this game, especially those that make a lot of match winning or match saving performances.
    Last edited by Tactician; 04-19-2016 at 02:29 AM.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    I have noticed something strange with GKs too. I already talked about that in a few threads.

GK rating after having made no saves: 7.4-7.6
    GK rating after having made a few saves but conceded a goal: 5-6
    GK makes more saves than the opposing GK in a match, but get a significantly lower rating.

5-7 stars GK, with special abilities or not, conceding goals scored by 3-4 star players. These include long range goals, which make it more strange, as if the GK suddenly became a 2-3 star GK.

Special abilities on GK appear to be useless.

Sometimes, when you play against a weaker team who has a 3-4 star GK, it seems as if he is impenetrable. Your 5-7 star players cannot score past him or can score very few goals.

Having a consistently performing 5-7 star GK is very rare in this game, especially those that make a lot of match winning or match saving performances.
    my opposite GK rate 7.1.... after i won 4:0 and my GK rate 7.7 lol~that is the fantastic one i saw so far~

My GK scored his first ever goal; from a penalty (I'll now only assign GKs for penalty):
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast