Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Token Promo

Max
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    I do not feel deceived because I am not even in the market at this period of the season for buying players from auctions and I did not fall for that so called offer too, but if you go see on the unofficial facebook groups for the game and also here on the forum, you will see why people are complaining and calling it a scam. It is a trick to fool people for money or material gain as it makes the user think he will get a % of tokens back (upto 100%) and hence users will think they getting a good deal (especially on Black Friday) and they will be more active in auctions which will only result in price inflation upto the point of the selling prices minus the % tokens given back will be higher than the normal usual prices. In other words, the user might end up paying more (if not much more) for that same player compared on a normal day. Worst is that there is no 100% token back box is most sets of 10. People expect to pay less for something involved in Black Friday sales, not more. It is business but dirty business and this is nothing new from Nordeus.

This is the problem - it seems that are enough of people playing this game that will fall for such kinds of things (lets call them traps), and is maybe a reason why Nordeus keep coming up with such things. You can see from pictures I posted in this thread upto how far some went. There are also some others users that tried just out of curiosity but got shocked by the low % given back (as low as 10-20% but no 100% in any of the other boxes) and of course they will feel deceived.
    Well, the highest I saw was 120, it was silly for the type of player.

Also going a bit off topic, I wonder if they will do a sale with club emblems and things for cyber Monday.

Anyway, what you said is spot on, I haven’t seen a 100% offer back, I said the highest was 70%, someone got 80% you said.

This is a scam, through and through, Black Friday is supposed to be cheaper not more expensive.

I won’t complain too much because O got a 22 year old 88% MC for 6 tokens, I only got one back, they said it was 20% back but it is only 16.6%,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    UnderAlexSkin likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NUNO FC View Post
    Let's get things right and not be innocent, Nordeus are running a business, there aim is to profit, our aim is to run a club as sucessfully as we can, in my case spend as less as i can, but i respect people who dosen't care for spendind more.

In the case of the 6-8 star player as in the case of the 10-100% torken return, even though its not said, but i agree that it should, the maximum change lies in the least atractive offer and the minimum in the most atractive offer, its like in every busines and on other games of this kind, so people have to be tremendously naive to fall for this one, and if they are its been a good time to learn.

The lack of information given by Nordeus though my be a two sidded knife, if people feel deciaved they will most likely give up the game and the loss will be greater so i don't really think Nordeus was expecting this kind of bids.
    Yes, nordeus didn't create this game for charity. It's business.

After all, mainly is a managerial game.
    Not a coaching game, not a fast fingers (ps football) game, not a training game.
    Naive and noob players like the examples, give the chance to good, smart, well informed managers (like me ) to win many titles by spending very few money.
    Sillybq, UnderAlexSkin and NUNO FC like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Rookie
    Well I’m one of the stupid ones who fell for this offer. I read “up to” as meaning “no more than 100%” not that it could mean less than 100%. I tried to look for terms & conditions, but couldn’t. Then watched some auctions & saw people bidding 50*+ tokens. So thought, oh ok you do get 100% back. Well I don’t normally bid at this stage of the season, & when I do it’s normally 20 tokens max, 22 if I think they’re exceptional. So imagine my horror at winning with 39 tokens & only getting 3 back!!! Lesson learned....
    UnderAlexSkin and funker like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    I do not feel deceived because I am not even in the market at this period of the season for buying players from auctions and I did not fall for that so called offer too, but if you go see on the unofficial facebook groups for the game and also here on the forum, you will see why people are complaining and calling it a scam. It is a trick to fool people for money or material gain as it makes the user think he will get a % of tokens back (upto 100%) and hence users will think they getting a good deal (especially on Black Friday) and they will be more active in auctions which will only result in price inflation upto the point that the selling prices minus the % tokens given back will be higher than the normal usual prices. In other words, the user might end up paying more (if not much more) for that same player compared on a normal day. Worst is that there is no 100% token back box is most sets of 10. People expect to pay less for something involved in Black Friday sales, not more. It is business but dirty business and this is nothing new from Nordeus.

This is the problem - it seems that are enough of people playing this game that will fall for such kinds of things (lets call them traps), and is maybe a reason why Nordeus keep coming up with such things. You can see from pictures I posted in this thread upto how far some went. There are also some others users that tried just out of curiosity but got shocked by the low % given back (as low as 10-20% but no 100% in any of the other boxes) and of course they will feel deceived.
    I am in the same boat , I dont need players at this time of the season. I am organised so I never need to change more than 3 players each season which is fairly easy and quick to do at the start of season. I have a big bank of greens so buying lower % players isnt a problem and token wise pretty cheap. I watched the auction room last night and just kept giggling when I saw the prices managers were paying ,most believing they were a better than even chance to get their money back. To those who spent 200 .300 or 400 tokens on players , fingers burnt in an expensive lesson.
    LEAGUE WINNER 8
    LEAGUE RUNNER UP 5
    CUP WINNER 4
    CUP RUNNER UP 4
    C.L. WINNER 2
    C.L. RUNNER UP 4
    TREBLES 1
    SUPER CUP WINNER 2
    CUP DOUBLES 3
    CUP TREBLES 1

I agree with Nuno and Nik. It wasn’t a scam and they run a business. They did not make any mistake in how they worded their advertisement and judging by the response, it was a major success. We players do what we can to take advantage of the engine/system limitations. Nordeus will do what they can to incentivise us to spend more. Fair game.

Those who spent would have learnt a lesson to read carefully next time and those who didn’t had an entertaining day and a very small advantage against token poor opponents next season.

There will be those who leave the game but they will be back. No better alternative out there

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sol Survivor View Post
    Well I’m one of the stupid ones who fell for this offer. I read “up to” as meaning “no more than 100%” not that it could mean less than 100%. I tried to look for terms & conditions, but couldn’t. Then watched some auctions & saw people bidding 50*+ tokens. So thought, oh ok you do get 100% back. Well I don’t normally bid at this stage of the season, & when I do it’s normally 20 tokens max, 22 if I think they’re exceptional. So imagine my horror at winning with 39 tokens & only getting 3 back!!! Lesson learned....
    hey mate, you 're playing from 2014 ?!
    you 're not a noob.
    When it was the last time you saw nordeus ladled out tokens ?
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Max
    On the last auction with the ‘special offer’ there was 1 min left of the transfer auction and there was 3 minutes left of the transfer auction, someone don’t know this and bid 102 tokens on an average player to try get them all back, the offer ran out mid transfer auction and he didn’t get anything back.

Lol :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Addicted
    Even tought, in face of the amount of complains presented, it would be nice if Nordeus comunication department would issue some kind of comunication with users to get things more peacefull.

I was reading the posts abouve and thinking, really black friday is all about fouling uninformated people so the initiative fits the day

They're at it again today! It must of been a huge success for them. But now they've changed it to "winner will get up to 70% of tokens back"!!

I know it's a bit cruel, but I had a lot of fun watching the auctions while the event was on! People clearly thought they were going to get all their tokens back... which when you think about it makes absolutely no sense. The wording made sense to me, although I thought they'd at least make sure that 100% was one of the options each time.

We'll see if people are still going mad on the auctions today
    maloukees likes this.

Addicted
    I saw a print sreen with a player getting the 100%, but surely it was a rare event

Again I say it is a good promo if people stick to the values they usually offer, but greed is a bitch!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast