Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Youth academy

Well... for me, whatever the case, it does not look like any big step foward. The one interesting thing is being able to choose the position of a fast training player, but then there is the possibility of firstly not being able to choose the initial position itself (see: https://forum.topeleven.com/top-elev...tml#post647535 ), and then like some pointed out, there is the possibility of those players not being fast trainers.

The new academy system does not look like anything big, significant change or anything for users - it is just a simple system that looks like a mixture of the old academy system and the personal trainer feature with absurb costs that was already in the game since long which nearly no one used.
    Last edited by Tactician; 12-08-2019 at 04:54 PM.
    Grandef likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    Well... for me whatever the case, it does not look like any big step foward. The one interesting thing is being able to choose the position of a fast training player, but then there is the possibility of firstly not being able to choose the initial position itself (see: https://forum.topeleven.com/top-elev...tml#post647535 ), and then like some pointed out, there is the possibility of those players not being fast trainers.

The new academy system does not look like anything big, significant change or anything for users - it is just a simple system that looks like a mixture of the old academy system and the personal trainer feature with absurb costs that was already in the game since long which nearly no one used.
    The only thing that bothers me, is that we don't know who is a fast trainer. But maybe there are certain patterns for us to discover, like we know that every youth player is between free and 3 Token (maybe bit more) to sign and maybe the more he cost, the better trainer he turns out to be or something like that.

Worst case we get some slow trainers in between, but we can get them day 1 and kind of influence the position of them. Plus no one is forced to use this feature or pay Token for it, oldschool auctions are still around for people wanting to spend hours there to find the right player.

In my opinion the current youth players are absolutely trash, you get a free one who is utter garbage and a slow trainer and the one you pay comes in a position you 90% of the time don't need a new player and also comes only once every 3 seasons right at the start of the season.

So on paper this looks not like the greatest thing in the world, but certainly better than current youth academy.

Quote Originally Posted by Der_Ryan_M View Post
    In my opinion the current youth players are absolutely trash, you get a free one who is utter garbage and a slow trainer and the one you pay comes in a position you 90% of the time don't need a new player and also comes only once every 3 seasons right at the start of the season.

So on paper this looks not like the greatest thing in the world, but certainly better than current youth academy.
    Check the video carefully. Those players already come with a position - not something that you can choose despite that the woman said afterwards something like 'set your prefered position' after - so it is same sort of downside where the players will come out with a position according to the system with whatever it based its choice on - RNG or whatever. Then, suppose that among those 4 players, there are fast trainers, the chance of the user to get a fast trainer with the desired position is even lower.
    Last edited by Tactician; 12-08-2019 at 05:04 PM.

Apprentice
    If you have not noticed that the players in youth academy are 17 years old. How long does it take to get a player 1 year older in the game? 1 season. How many days is that? 28. For how many days youll get the coach in the New youth academy? 7. How much does it cost to train the youth for whole season (-7 days as in the first 7 days you can sign your players) ? Between 45-240 tokens.

I bet that with 45 tokens +75 greens youll get absolutely useless player.

If you didnt notice the amount of stars is players expected talent. Not the amount of stars youll get him to start training with.

Lähetetty minun SNE-LX1 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Check the video carefully. Those players already come with a position - not something that you can choose despite that the woman said afterwards something like 'set your prefered position' after - so it is same sort of downside where the players will come out with a position according to the system with whatever it bases its choice on, RNG or whatever. Then, suppose that among those 4 players, there are fast trainers, the chance of the user to get a fast trainer with the desired position is even lower.
    I know, but how I understand is you can sign up to 4 players, but on the right side more are available. So of course there is no guarantee, that you get a perfect position player, but it's higher than with our current system without a doubt.
    Like I said, it's not perfect, but I think they don't want it to be as well. Else no one would spend time in auctions anymore. But its better than current system by a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by OffSide View Post
    Nordeus started being greedy since that New Transfer Market update. I don't remember them being this greedy before that. I don't even understand why they killed negotiations. They are keep making this game even much worse.
    Association & Monthly Card probably good things they have introduced.
    Sorry, Associations is the worst thing they have introduced (so far).

Before Associations, there wasn't so much tanking or Quality manipulation, there wasn't any reason for mutant players or upselling. Along with the loan system and all the bugs (most still unresolved) that came with it...
    funker likes this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Quote Originally Posted by Der_Ryan_M View Post
    I know, but how I understand is you can sign up to 4 players, but on the right side more are available. So of course there is no guarantee, that you get a perfect position player, but it's higher than with our current system without a doubt.
    Like I said, it's not perfect, but I think they don't want it to be as well. Else no one would spend time in auctions anymore. But its better than current system by a mile.
    Who would want to spend many hours every day watching the lists come and go, waiting to find to find the desired players to show up to bid for? In the lower levels, it might be worth it, but in the higher level where fast trainers can hardly be identified and not only that, they hardly even show up in the lists, it is not worth it. I used to spend many hours every day or so for weeks every season to find the players I was looking for upto the point of waking up in the middle of my sleep to have a look at what was available on the auctions list at those odd hours, but in the long run it became more of a pain in the ass job than a game played for fun and entertainment. I had enough of this repetitive scenario. In the end, this game had become more of a pain. It will be among the main reasons (in fact, the first reason) why I will quit the game later. It is not pleasant at all to go through this frustrating and demanding process of finding the right players to buy every season or so. Auction list, scouts list, recommended list.... all been like the same for me - same problem of not getting the desired players. Buying at a higher price was not the issue as such as I was token buyer (no more of course, I stopped). The new youth academy would have been useful for my situation if I could chose the positions I want the fast training players to come with, but it seems it will not be the case.
    Last edited by Tactician; 12-08-2019 at 06:50 PM.

Check the video carefully. Those players already come with a position - not something that you can choose despite that the woman said afterwards something like 'set your prefered position' after - so it is same sort of downside where the players will come out with a position according to the system with whatever it based its choice on - RNG or whatever. Then, suppose that among those 4 players, there are fast trainers, the chance of the user to get a fast trainer with the desired position is even lower.
    No, in the recruitment period you'll be able to find players by position.

Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    No, in the recruitment period you'll be able to find players by position.
    You do not get it. From the video what you see? You see a list containing 5 players who already have a position assigned from the youth talent centre for you to choose from where a max of 4 can be chosen. In the one shown in the video, there are 2 DCs, 1 ML, 1 MC and 1 GK. If from this list of 5 itself there is no fast trainer with the position I want, what to chose? If I get a list like this one but I want ST, an AMC and maybe a DR, what should I do, sign the ML to train him to AML , then to ST, sign the DC to train him play at DR, sign the MC to him to AMC? Is that the point of using this new youth academy? In other words, it looks like it will be the same problem again for me - not getting players having the desired positions. If am looking for water in a desert, I will buy water, even if it is sold at a higher price; I will not buy cigarettes even at a cut-price, let alone the normal price or even worst at a higher price, but Nordeus is the kind of company that will offer cigarettes at a higher price to people asking for water in the desert.
    Last edited by Tactician; 12-09-2019 at 04:45 AM.

You do not get it. From the video what you see? You see a list containing 5 players who already have a position assigned from the youth talent centre for you to choose from where a max of 4 can be chosen. In the one shown in the video, there are 2 DCs, 1 ML, 1 MC and 1 GK. If from this list of 5 itself there is no fast trainer with the position I want, what to chose? If I get a list like this one but I want ST, an AMC and maybe a DR, what should I do, sign the ML to train him to AML , then to ST, sign the DC to train him play at DR, sign the MC to him to AMC? Is that the point of using this new youth academy? In other words, it looks like it will be the same problem again for me - not getting players having the desired positions. If am looking for water in a desert, I will buy water, even if it is sold at a higher price; I will not buy cigarettes even at a cut-price, let alone the normal price or even worst at a higher price, but Nordeus is the kind of company that will offer cigarettes at a higher price to people asking for water in the desert.
    Wait till tomorrow to know how it works. You've seen just a picture, we'll have a week to recruit, so wait first.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast