Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Happy new year Managers

Yeah it's a troll and you are probably experienced enough to know what to do to overcome it. Sometimes it just can't be done. And it's always after or before a massive win

Max
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihai Razvan View Post
    Stats from the game

Trimis de pe al meu SM-G950F folosind Tapatalk
    Well I am not surprised that they have 100% shot efficiency, 81% is poor for that team, you are through 8-2 but that is besides the point, did you have a really long unbeaten streak before you lost there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Max
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillybq View Post
    Yeah it's a troll and you are probably experienced enough to know what to do to overcome it. Sometimes it just can't be done. And it's always after or before a massive win
    Definitely a troll there, no question asked, I am sick of these, one a season is expected and is sort of ok, As long as it does not ruin your chances of winning a trophy

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Max McClean View Post
    Definitely a troll there, no question asked, I am sick of these, one a season is expected and is sort of ok, As long as it does not ruin your chances of winning a trophy

I got 2 in a row to drop me out of the CL.

Lähetetty minun SNE-LX1 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Pro
    His formation first picture, mine second

Thanks a lot for showing the formation images.

And as expected, your opponent played a ‘perfect’ counter formation there.

Your formation: 3W-1-2-3W-1
    His formation: 4-1-(DM)-3M-2 (midfield with 2MC and ML - that is done on purpose in hoping to beat you. Will be explained below)

He used 4 defenders and 1 DMC to handle your AML-AMC-AMR-ST, and then 2 MCs to man-Mark your 2 MCs. That is the typical perfect +1-defender formation to handle your MC, AMs and STs.

Purposefully he uses a ML, instead of the more general extra MC (he will control the MC area if he uses. 3 MCs). The extra MC option is generally used and more ‘safe’ as you will lose more possession in midfield before any attacks could reach your front-4.

But he uses the ML to hit you on the break on the left flank, with ST on the left side, ML on the left and also DL on the left. Your 2 MCs had to mark his 2 MCs, so any time he can attack on the left, it will be his 3 vs your 2. He will create lots of chances on the left side with the man advantage, and so your quality advantage couldn’t be applied (2 man cannot mark 3 man properly, however good they are). He would still need a huge amount of luck to win, and he had the luck with 2 goals from 2 shots on goal.

Obviously you will ask what I would have done if I were you. Say in-game I use your formation and found out my opponent becomes as stated, the first thing I would do is substitute that DMC away for another MC. The reasons are: I) opponent attack is weaker than my defender, so my 3 defenders are enough to nullify their 2 STs; 2) Would rather have 3 MCs to match their 3 midfielders; And then to make his defending shape not working, I will substitute AMC with another ST, and attack via flanks. That will make his DMC useless as your attacks are not going through that area but the flanks, and should win by quality by 4 v 4 there.

Suggested formation: 3W-3(MC)-2W-2. Attacking or Hard attacking.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Quote Originally Posted by FC-Helsinki View Post
    I got 2 in a row to drop me out of the CL.

Quote Originally Posted by Max McClean View Post

I can imagine. It would definitely upset me to give up a trophy when I have the better team. They should look into this. No point rewarding semi active players who do not expect to win and lose active players through frustration. It's bad for business.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavensAAA View Post
    Thanks a lot for showing the formation images.

And as expected, your opponent played a ‘perfect’ counter formation there.

Your formation: 3W-1-2-3W-1
    His formation: 4-1-(DM)-3M-2 (midfield with 2MC and ML - that is done on purpose in hoping to beat you. Will be explained below)

He used 4 defenders and 1 DMC to handle your AML-AMC-AMR-ST, and then 2 MCs to man-Mark your 2 MCs. That is the typical perfect +1-defender formation to handle your MC, AMs and STs.

Purposefully he uses a ML, instead of the more general extra MC (he will control the MC area if he uses. 3 MCs). The extra MC option is generally used and more ‘safe’ as you will lose more possession in midfield before any attacks could reach your front-4.

But he uses the ML to hit you on the break on the left flank, with ST on the left side, ML on the left and also DL on the left. Your 2 MCs had to mark his 2 MCs, so any time he can attack on the left, it will be his 3 vs your 2. He will create lots of chances on the left side with the man advantage, and so your quality advantage couldn’t be applied (2 man cannot mark 3 man properly, however good they are). He would still need a huge amount of luck to win, and he had the luck with 2 goals from 2 shots on goal.

Obviously you will ask what I would have done if I were you. Say in-game I use your formation and found out my opponent becomes as stated, the first thing I would do is substitute that DMC away for another MC. The reasons are: I) opponent attack is weaker than my defender, so my 3 defenders are enough to nullify their 2 STs; 2) Would rather have 3 MCs to match their 3 midfielders; And then to make his defending shape not working, I will substitute AMC with another ST, and attack via flanks. That will make his DMC useless as your attacks are not going through that area but the flanks, and should win by quality by 4 v 4 there.

Suggested formation: 3W-3(MC)-2W-2. Attacking or Hard attacking.
    But why first leg, same formation I won 7-0?

Apprentice
    But why first leg, same formation I won 7-0?

Because your opponent did not have the mega luck with him as he did in the second game.

HeavensAAA likes this.

Because your opponent did not have the mega luck with him as he did in the second game.

In other words. Bad roll of the dice. Troll!!
    128 Vs 81 is a massive difference. And with that difference . Only 18 shots. Only 5 on target. And similar tackles. Doesn't seem right.

Pro

Helsinki is absolutely spot on there about the mega luck.

That kind of mega luck does not strike very often, probably 2-3 times a season at most. Opponent will lose 8-9 times out of 10 when he has such a -47% disadvantage, so it is ‘normal’ that you could thrash him 7-nil even when you played the perfectly ‘wrong’ formation, as any of your top players on-form then can score loads.

Opponent needs to play his perfect formation, needs your players all shoot to row Z, needs his shots to go in every time on targets, and everything else to go in his favour (eg. No red cards, not conceding from freekicks or corners). Chance of this happening is very low, but can happen very occasionally when he did all his right things. His side WILL create chances because he played that ML and very possibly attack only via that left flank, so not surprised to see your shots dropped to under 20 and his shots are higher than ‘normal’.

All in all, he played the perfect game. Something like Wolves winning 3-2 against ManCity recently.

You can call it a troll, but in reality, this happens. What you can do is to make changes during games and prevent the troll from happening.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast