Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Free to play is pointless. Top 11 cares only about money

Pro
    There are many ways to play this game for own enjoyment.

Some prefer it to be more relaxing, so would tank every other season for CL & Cup, then also league for the following. Practically using 2 seasons’ resources to spend in 1, so more likely to be ‘easier’.

Some may want to save time by buying a monthly card, so can buy a scout player and also get auction players with more T with less time.

And a lot could be paying nothing at all, while trying to learn how to build a decent squad gradually over the first 4-5 seasons (lots of hard work and time on auctions initially when fund is tight), and learn how to manipulate the draw to an ‘adjusted’ level where we could: 1) win all the trophies; 2) successfully involved in a platinum association; 3) maybe also establish some proud unbeaten and goalscoring records along the way.

Top eleven is still around after years and not many other very similar alternative could overtake its position, so they should be doing something right to draw in the players and also making enough money from a minority group of players. It is very true that the game should be so, so much better if it takes in most of the useful suggestions, but then it would also be an unknown if Nordeus can also make the same business returns when they make those changes.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

No offense guys but

The thread starter is someone high level and been a forum member since 2016 and he got some likes from other fellow high level players for the post.

I am sure they know of how to manipulate and have spent many successful seasons in platinum.

I have had some high level ex association mates who say the same thing. Manipulation no longer benefits them and rewards of platinum no longer covers the cost to be competitive. Greens are used in thousands at a go. Seldom get promoted so everyone is high quality and scouts are only good enough for the bench. Setting or breaking any records at that Level is probably impossible. Many just give up.

Imagine if you are stuck playing the likes of Eric Tosou or Lakis over and over again for your whole TE life. Lol. I would also think i need to spend money to win especially with the negotiation changes. We cant benefit much from our token feeder accounts.

Anyway it’s subjective and all about expectations. Some players are happy with 2 trophies a season. Some get disappointed with anything less than 4. If they dont revamp how it is at high levels, only the spenders or less competitive players will remain. I think even having multiple accounts playing in the same league and feeding tokens to main team might not help much.
    Last edited by Sillybq; 02-11-2020 at 04:19 AM.
    Altiplano and HeavensAAA like this.

I have 3 teams from level 15 to 34 so been playing a while ,somewhat successful but always competitive. Rarely have I tried to manipulate the draw and never considered tanking. Occasionally I will purchase a monthly card for one team or another ,usually after a spending spree and really just to top up funds so no large actual money investment , perhaps $ 40-50 over 3 years. My Asso which has all 3 teams in is Platinum so +100 tokens each season these days.
    Last season my teams rated at season start anywhere between 11 and 14th with up to 10 active managers which was a real shock ,usually rated in top 4-6 with maybe 4-6 active managers. 2 of my teams finished League champions and the other finished 9th but made both Cup and CL semi finals. So I decide why not try to manipulate draw , I read up about it and present my teams at 75% for this season. What happens ..........no effect all 3 teams are again rated bottom 4 with top sides around 115 -125% ,many active managers as well. The 2 teams qualified for CL are facing groups with the 3 other sides at +1 level and 2 out of 3 are already out of the Cup having run into 120% teams straight up. What can I do this season.....................damn it ,the game is forcing me to tank ,I dont want to but its tank or spend ridiculous amounts of coin to try to be competitive.
    LEAGUE WINNER 8
    LEAGUE RUNNER UP 5
    CUP WINNER 4
    CUP RUNNER UP 4
    C.L. WINNER 2
    C.L. RUNNER UP 4
    TREBLES 1
    SUPER CUP WINNER 2
    CUP DOUBLES 3
    CUP TREBLES 1

Quote Originally Posted by Kelpie Grant View Post
    I have 3 teams from level 15 to 34 so been playing a while ,somewhat successful but always competitive. Rarely have I tried to manipulate the draw and never considered tanking. Occasionally I will purchase a monthly card for one team or another ,usually after a spending spree and really just to top up funds so no large actual money investment , perhaps $ 40-50 over 3 years. My Asso which has all 3 teams in is Platinum so +100 tokens each season these days.
    Last season my teams rated at season start anywhere between 11 and 14th with up to 10 active managers which was a real shock ,usually rated in top 4-6 with maybe 4-6 active managers. 2 of my teams finished League champions and the other finished 9th but made both Cup and CL semi finals. So I decide why not try to manipulate draw , I read up about it and present my teams at 75% for this season. What happens ..........no effect all 3 teams are again rated bottom 4 with top sides around 115 -125% ,many active managers as well. The 2 teams qualified for CL are facing groups with the 3 other sides at +1 level and 2 out of 3 are already out of the Cup having run into 120% teams straight up. What can I do this season.....................damn it ,the game is forcing me to tank ,I dont want to but its tank or spend ridiculous amounts of coin to try to be competitive.
    What does 75% this season means? 95% at the end of the previous level?
    Did you had academy players? If so, you should know they count for the draw in the next season, that s why i stopped signing them because it made my lvl harder, but had the same result.
    So the question is this: Why shouldn t i manipulate the season if without the manipulation i would have the same result? Statistics of my team would suffer and i would need to watch all my games otherwise i might get eliminated, so i take it very easy.
    I also have a lvl 3 account which achieved the treble( super cup shouldn t be a trophy) with a 88-89 rated team.
    I have kept 4 of my main team players, sold the rest, kept the 2 academy graduates cause i need the cash, and i m not even watching games on that account and winning left and right.
    Whoever says manipulation is cheating is their problem, i don t have time to watch the ads and games on all my accounts and yet i can still win the trophies some very good teams can t in a season. So why should i bother playing +1 CL teams and very good cup opponents?
    I m still around, LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelpie Grant View Post
    Level 15 to 34 should still benefit from manipulation. You might have not done it correctly since it's your first time.
    75 Vs 125 is too big a gap. Best 14 players include out of contract players, old guys the system generates due to out of contract players as well as academy players. Did any of those categories affect your draw?

Also are those high quality players your friends? If not, are they friends of your friends? I remove all friends on my level and up to 2 levels above me just to be safe but that's just me being paranoid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12