Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Why manipulating draws might actually diminish your fun

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Arphaxad View Post
    Yep, I feel you. The only reason I'm keeping the players from the youth academy is so I can sell them the next season and cash in on them as I need the money. But when my finances are strong enough, I'm not going to keep them for the coming season as they raise the average quality of my team and I don't intend to use them anyway.
    He is one youth player I plan on using lol. Next season I'm going to train more of my players up myself, now that I know what I'm doing a bit more. Did it this season with 2 players successfully. Gonna do more next season. So a average of 99 from my best 14 (including academy players) will give me a competitive league again. Unless I get unlucky. I don't want it to be easy. But I want to basically have a chance

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Samson1865 View Post
    He is one youth player I plan on using lol. Next season I'm going to train more of my players up myself, now that I know what I'm doing a bit more. Did it this season with 2 players successfully. Gonna do more next season. So a average of 99 from my best 14 (including academy players) will give me a competitive league again. Unless I get unlucky. I don't want it to be easy. But I want to basically have a chance
    It's always better to train players yourself. That way you're able to mold them and develop them as you'd like by focusing on the white skills. This is the reason the majority of advanced managers purchase low quality fast training players and train them themselves. For you information, players coming out of the youth academy are not fast trainers, and thus requires more rest packs/resources to train to the same standard as fast trainers. Bear that in mind when you allocate resources towards players from the youth academy. If you need a training tool to better estiamte the outcome of a given training session or better understand which combination of drills is best suited for your player, check out the power training tool I've developed in my signature.

Also, landing on 99 % is kind of risky from what I understand, as you might be drawn against managers one level above you. It's better/more safe to aim for around 90-92 %.
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.
    Download my power training tool here https://forum.topeleven.com/tutorial...alculator.html

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Arphaxad View Post
    It's always better to train players yourself. That way you're able to mold them and develop them as you'd like by focusing on the white skills. This is the reason the majority of advanced managers purchase low quality fast training players and train them themselves. For you information, players coming out of the youth academy are not fast trainers, and thus requires more rest packs/resources to train to the same standard as fast trainers. Bear that in mind when you allocate resources towards players from the youth academy. If you need a training tool to better estiamte the outcome of a given training session or better understand which combination of drills is best suited for your player, check out the power training tool I've developed in my signature.

Also, landing on 99 % is kind of risky from what I understand, as you might be drawn against managers one level above you. It's better/more safe to aim for around 90-92 %.
    I will do. The only reason I've assigned coaches is because they come with the special sponser rewards. So say I do go into next season with a 110 team. At the start of next season it will be 90. Are my opponent's likely to be between 90 and 110 like me or am I likely to be up against 130+ teams. Sorry for going on, just getting my head around it. I would like to keep nearly all my team but not if next season I will be starting off with a 90% team up against 130% plus teams because I wouldn't be able to catch up, I rarely spend money on this game and only on special sponser or monthly card sometimes and I don't intend to start. Thank you

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Der_Ryan_M View Post
    For me it always was ok when I was below 120% with my Top 14 average. Above I got really tough draws sometimes.
    I don't know how it is in low levels. Like Eastsider said, I would probably sell 2 or 3 bench players to bring it down to around 100% if you want to make sure you will not get heavy tankers etc.
    So with a average below 120 you got smiler strength teams more of ten than Not?

So with a average below 120 you got smiler strength teams more of ten than Not?
    I am Level 76 right now and only few teams are up here and no hard tankers. Only some people who didn't earn promotion one time and other good players. But not tanker with 160+% who stayed in the level several times.
    So when I was above 120% average I was guaranteed to be in the hard league next season in my level, from like 3 leagues I have here.

I agree with @milpol that playing the hard way is more fun. But if you push too hard in lower levels, you get many tankers or people who pay a lot in your league, which is then again not real fun. So you have to find your balance, just try out. I would maybe recommend Top 14 average of around 110% for the best experience, but not sure, it depends on a lot of factors.
    milpol likes this.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Der_Ryan_M View Post
    I am Level 76 right now and only few teams are up here and no hard tankers. Only some people who didn't earn promotion one time and other good players. But not tanker with 160+% who stayed in the level several times.
    So when I was above 120% average I was guaranteed to be in the hard league next season in my level, from like 3 leagues I have here.

I agree with @milpol that playing the hard way is more fun. But if you push too hard in lower levels, you get many tankers or people who pay a lot in your league, which is then again not real fun. So you have to find your balance, just try out. I would maybe recommend Top 14 average of around 110% for the best experience, but not sure, it depends on a lot of factors.
    Thanks for your advice. I think I'm gonna keep my team and see what next season brings. If the seasons a write off then I can just concentrate on building a younger team rather then wasting my resources trying to compete. To be honest I wouldn't mind a season in that super league Cup lol. It looks lonely having a zero next to the trophy lol
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.

Apprentice
    Thanks for your advice. I think I'm gonna keep my team and see what next season brings. If the seasons a write off then I can just concentrate on building a younger team rather then wasting my resources trying to compete. To be honest I wouldn't mind a season in that super league Cup lol. It looks lonely having a zero next to the trophy lol
    I have just attended one of my friends matches and the guy who beat me to the league title last by a point was watching to. Anyway last season he finished his league with around a 105 average including his subs. Just checked his team out and he still has almost the same squad with a few extras so he did not reduce his overall average. He's 4th in his league and its not to bad. There's a 119% and 2 teams with aroung 116%, 1 with 110 and about 6 with 90 to 105 and the rest around 82ish. I can live with a draw like that if I finish the season with a 110 average, nice and competitve. I think its when you have a 120 average things start to get really messy.
    I have added him as a friend so I can see what his champions league opponent's are like and of course I'll give him some support when he's playing that 120 team lol
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.

Apprentice
    I started manipulating draws like 3 seasons ago and I love it!

I'm level 46 now and never cheat or anything but from level 39 to 42, I kept a decent team of 120-130% but my problem was when a tanker drops a level, he gets paired with me, just when his team is getting weak another tanker drops. It got to a point that 4th was my portion like Arsenal during Wenger days. I was miserable.

When a special event roll out these tanker don't win because they are not top managers, if these tankers meet me in association matches I beat their asses. I'm that good a manager. I can't remember the last time I was in gold division 1, it'll be like 16 seasons ago.

When I started manipulating the draws by selling 3 strong players and replacing them after the draws, I was happy. I get the draws I want. Managers my level. I don't win threble/quadruple whatever. Playing against managers mostly equal to my team level is all I am after.

If that is manipulating draws for you, then so be it - I won't stop that. Between having tankers dropped on me every season and having a level playing field with teams my level, I picked the later, and I love it.
    Der_Ryan_M and RaiKo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbas View Post
    I started manipulating draws like 3 seasons ago and I love it!

I'm level 46 now and never cheat or anything but from level 39 to 42, I kept a decent team of 120-130% but my problem was when a tanker drops a level, he gets paired with me, just when his team is getting weak another tanker drops. It got to a point that 4th was my portion like Arsenal during Wenger days. I was miserable.

When a special event roll out these tanker don't win because they are not top managers, if these tankers meet me in association matches I beat their asses. I'm that good a manager. I can't remember the last time I was in gold division 1, it'll be like 16 seasons ago.

When I started manipulating the draws by selling 3 strong players and replacing them after the draws, I was happy. I get the draws I want. Managers my level. I don't win threble/quadruple whatever. Playing against managers mostly equal to my team level is all I am after.

If that is manipulating draws for you, then so be it - I won't stop that. Between having tankers dropped on me every season and having a level playing field with teams my level, I picked the later, and I love it.
    Sounds like you are soft manipulating, it is a good strategy I think as well, to avoid tankers and such and approach the game in a more relaxed way, which might also feel more fair and a level playing field.
    But many people also are hard manipulating, meaning they drop their % so hard, that they are as low as a bot team and then only play vs bots or inactive accounts. Especially in low levels it is a common strategy from "experienced players" to get insane records while also saving ressources and collect "meaningless" trophies.
    This thread back then was created for those people, to tell them they are missing a lot of fun experience from the game.
    RaiKo likes this.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbas View Post
    Lol. I really know what you feel man. Next season, i will give soft manipulation a try as Ryan described.

Why manipulating draws might actually diminish your fun-20200711_213855.jpg

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast